What juice do the vets vape ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Like many, my first purchases were tobacco flavors. I really wanted a Cuban cigar flavor since I had enjoyed a few, but didn't have the $ or connections to get a supply of my own. I remember being really disappointed because it seemed that the folks that made the tobacco flavors must have smoked them while sitting under the seat of an outhouse and recreated that flavor.

I didn't really understand the sweet and dessert flavors, but since none of the tobacco flavors tasted any good to me, I ordered the weirdest, there is no way it can taste like this, scam sounding flavor I could imagine. (Kinda' like a joke on myself.) I ordered German Chocolate Cake. I was hooked from the first taste and kept uttering "wow" under my breath for the longest time.

Now, I make my own juice. I spent 5 months creating a Cuban Cigar recipe which I still enjoy. Right now I have Blueberry Muffin, White Peach, and Smooth Tangerine sitting next to my keyboard. I don't remember what I have in the pockets of my jacket, but I know I like it. It could be a tobacco flavor or a fruit or something that tastes great, but have no idea if anything else in the world tastes like it.

That German Choc Cake was the first flavor that made me fully believe that I could switch from vaping and never want another cigarette. Sometime later I discovered I had forgotten to smoke the day before. I had switched over without quitting or trying, it just happened.

throatkick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
FL
My quest started by trying to replicate the smoking experience as closely as possible. I tried tons of tobacco flavors and even mixed my own for a while. Then I ventured into flavors like green apple and went as far as cola and banana/mango/peach. As it turns out, I like the exotic flavors for a few puffs but not as my main vape. I have settled on 555.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I was a Salem smoker so I sought out good menthols at first - it was a long search but settled on two - Nhaler's Nuport (the best) and Fresh Smoking's Newport - no longer avaiable. Janty's old RY4 and Johnson Creek's Tennessee Cure were two favs for a long time and tried other Janty flavors - cappuccino, vanilla, coconut and then everything started to taste too sweet.

On a link on a 'non-sweet' ejuice thread I found Decadent Vapours - and have pretty much vaped that for over a year and half now. At first I bought the premade and now I DIY with platinum ice (nic base) aqueous glycerin (DV's VG) and flavors - Habana Reserve (#1), Ylang Ylang (#2), Lotus Flower, Absinthe and Real Tabs as well as a blend of DV's Doppio Espresso and BWB's espresso and capp. Also BWB's Applewood for the Reo mini. The DV's have been consistent from the start. I've tried different flavors along the way but none have stuck.... If I had to pick one it would be Habana Reserve. The maker Nick O'Teen sat out to make a 'tobacco/cigar' flavor that didn't have any tobacco absolute in it. He made it by using mesquite, black pepper, and several other herbs. You get several 'notes' of flavoring while vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread