What kind of passthrough

Status
Not open for further replies.

lorraineg57

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Outside Pgh, PA
You might be confused because there are usb chargers for the batteries, but you can't use it while it charges. Then there are regular passthroughs that you can use while plugged to your comp. or an external battery pack

That's entirely possible.

I just keep looking longingly at my charging battery thinking "why can't I use it while it's charging? I can use my phone while it's charging!!!"

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009
A USB with an in-line battery will recharge a battery (not the screw in type you use with an e-cig) while you vape on the same device. Is this what you want? Otherwise, if you want to vape and recharge a screw-in type battery, you would need a USB passthrough for use with your e-cig and a sperate USB battery charger available fro many supplier.

grumpster

ECF Veteran
May 18, 2009
Texas USA
Carefull with your phone. I cooked my LG battery talking while it was charging.

I know what you mean about these batteries. I'm can't keep them charged. No consistancy to charging time or battery life....

Hate to say it, but I'd almost expect that from either a LG or GE. Haven't owned anything from either company that didn't either fail or get returned.

will allow me to charge my e-cig battery while I'm using it?

I've been checking out directions for passthroughs and battery box mods. I'm trying to decide which to tackle first. I'm down to one battery here so I need to do something...8-o

You can simply put your battery on the charger while your using your USB pass-through. You don't need to use the battery while it's charging. As for a battery box mod, check out the NIcoStick threads on this forum. That project is about as cheep and fast as they get. Looks good too.

dumwaldo

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2009
New York
the reason you can not charge a battery and use it at the same time is pretty simple. It is because the battery only has one connection point. You can connect a charger or an atomizer to that point but not both.

If you look at the Janty Kissbox it has a piece that sits between the battery and atomizer. For Janty's purposes that piece is used to add a manual power button for the battery

If you built a USB part that sat between the atomizer and battery you could make it charge the battery as well as give power from the USB to the atomizer.

All you really need to do is to figure out a way to flow the power through the battery and let it continue to the atomizer. Look at the 510 passthrough, it has an inline battery. The power from the USB flows into the battery and charges it while there is another line that can simultaniously let power from the battery flow to the atomizer.

If you are trying to build a mod that can be charged at the same time it is being used you will need to include charging circuitry within the mod itself.

DW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread