The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

What led you to vaping?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by danca90, Sep 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. danca90

danca90 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 11, 2013
    Zagreb, Croatia
    My friend started, and I honestly just wanted to save money. What got you started?

2. HauntedMyst

HauntedMyst Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 18, 2013
    Chicago
    I vaped to quit smoking.

3. throwback8

throwback8 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2013
    United States
    I actually wish I would have found vaping when I was quitting smoking over a year and a half ago. Instead I used patches which was definitely a hard couple of months. I began vaping recently to keep myself from going back to analogs. It was at the point where I was going to swing through for a pack of my favorite analogs. Since I started vaping I haven't even considered picking up analogs again. Now it's just what e-juice vendor, battery, or tank I am going to try next!

4. MEANZ06

MEANZ06 Full Member

Sep 11, 2013
    California
    this^^^ only a couple weeks in and it works... :toast:

5. Boiler

Boiler Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I wanted to get out of the cold. frozen.gif

6. Vaple8

Vaple8 Full Member

Sep 11, 2013
    Ytown, Sask, Canada
    My brother brought me an e-roll for my b-day and I havn't smoked since the end of May. It has since spiralled up from there and I don't miss smoking at all. I love the technical side of it...really helped to break the habit. I have since spread out to seven other people who are now free of the analogs.

7. BernieVideo

BernieVideo Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 7, 2013
    NoHo El Lay CA
    To quit smoking.

I had used the Nicotrol inhaler. It's a nicotine vapor delivery device, without the vapor we are used to. It is just a little mouth piece with a cartridge soaked in nicotine.

My insurance USED to cover it. Not any more.
    I called my pharmacy to price it, about $270 for the "starter kit". Yikes!!!

So I looked up Vapor stores on Yelp. Found a 5 Star shop in my area, walked in and said Help, I want to quit smoking.

It a little over a month now, and I have probably spent that 270 bucks, but I am enjoying it more that those nasty Nicotrol thinghies.

8. Lunger

Lunger Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 21, 2013
    South Florida
    Can't say health issues/concerns was the only reason. I didn't really experience many negative side effects from smoking, but keep in mind I only smoked for 10 years and was 1-1 and a half pack a day smoker. I felt fine and worked and continue to work in manual labor. I took up vaping because my friend introduced me into it and I liekd the idea. Cheaper, healthier, and indoor use at public places. All sounded win win. I did the vaping for a month or so and then went back to smoking. Met my friend again after some time apart recently and I saw how amazing the vaping world became, with all the new technology and custom stuff out there these days. So far I'm way past the one month mark and can;t ever see myself smoking again. I don't even crave real tobacco anymore.

What I have now works for me. It's reliable, cheaper, healthier and much more enjoyable with all the great flavors out there. I can basically recreate any smoking experience I want in the form of vapor. It's all a win win for me. For me the selling point was affordability, and customization. I enjoy the health benefit too but that wasn't what attracted me the most. I love red meat, big block engines, rock and roll, beer, yea, you get the point. Ha! Cheers.

9. Limner

Limner Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 13, 2013
    Western USA
    I just stumbled into it really. I started vaping for no greater reason than abject boredom.

I was waiting for my clothes to finish drying at the laundromat one Sunday morning, so I went across the street to 7-11 to get a cup of coffee. On impulse, I picked up a Blu disposable, expecting it to be pretty horrible.

I thought it pretty horrible.

But I also found I didn't feel any particular need to smoke 3 packs of Parliament that day. Before the Blu died on me the next morning, I'd gone online, watched VapinGreek Episode #1 a dozen times over on YouTube, and ordered a starter kit from Bloog.

I stopped smoking after 39 years because I was bored one Sunday, and wanted to walk out of 7-11 with something to entertain me while my laundry was drying. Completely unintentional. I didn't try or particularly want to stop smoking; I just noticed by that Sunday night I already had stopped smoking, and ran with that.

10. Choc_Addic

Choc_Addic Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 26, 2013
    Caldicote tunnel
    It was totally by accident!

The forum I hang out in, Someone posted "Hey, Here is free disposable e-cig!!"

I ordered it and the rest is history.

Happy vaping.

Cheers

11. julesb

julesb Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Dallas, Texas
    I have a 2 year old daughter. The smell and 2nd hand smoke started to make me feel guilty!! Vaping is the best decision I hve made by far! Oh and it tastes so wonderful =)

12. D0lfin

D0lfin Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 2, 2011
    Vancouver WA
    I started vaping for an assignment in a college health class to do something that would improve my health. That was over 2 years ago and I got an A on the assignment :)

13. chryles

chryles Full Member Verified Member

I was looking after my gran and I found a brand new sky cig kit in the bedroom I was sleeping in. My uncle had ordered it so, I called him and he said I could have it. That was March 2012. Never looked back.

14. PinoyBoy

PinoyBoy Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 4, 2013
    WA State, USA
    Lets see... The general consensus is 3 ml = 1 pack of cigs. I started with Dekang and it was about $3 for 30 ml. I very much prefer the 10 pack equivalent of eliquid for $3 instead of buying 10 packs of cigs for $70-80. I didn't want to quit smoking, I just wanted a cheaper way to get my nicotine. Yes, I actually like Dekang.

15. darkknight187

darkknight187 Full Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Southern Tier, NY
    My wife wanted me to quit smoking and I gave one of her friends husbands dinky units a try. it seemed viable so i bought a kit. ended up unhappy with the Go-Go. Then i found myself trying the next new great thing an ECHO. Again it spiraled into frustration and I gave up. about 3 months after seeing somebody with a device with a clear tank at my new job my interest was renewed. learned it was a CE, bought one with an adapter for my Go-Go batteries and now i have a VV/VW mod on the way. The wife still believes I will go back to analogs but I am pretty sure with these new clearomizers I am set.

16. KjAthena

KjAthena Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 10, 2013
    Tampa Bay
    I went to a meet and great for a FB group I belong to, quite a few people had ego type vapes hanging around their necks. So I asked a bunch of questions and one of the people there pulled out an extra for me to use. I had tried cigg-a-likes (White cloud et al) without luck in the past trying to quit smoking. That weekend I went to the Farmers market and overpaid for a ego clone and 2 bottles of juice...I havent smoked a cigarette since

17. DoogieTony

DoogieTony Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 12, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    I wanted to quit smoking, but I liked smoking. Problem solved. :)

18. Jonny5

Jonny5 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 23, 2013
    Vancouver, BC
    I wouldn't agree with that in terms of puffs. To further explain:

1 ml = 33 drops of eliquid

I usually drip 11 drops at a time in my atomizer. I get about 15 puffs from 11 drops at 1.2 ohms and 3.7 v mod., and therefore

45 puffs = 1 ml

Ok now on the cigarette side. 1 cigarette is about 12 puffs, so 20 (pack) is about 240 puffs.

Therefore The one pack of cigarettes equals 240 puffs = 240/45= 51/3 ml of ejuice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

19. _more_

_more_ Moved On ECF Veteran

May 22, 2012
    I had asthma attacks so decided to try vaping since i like nicotine. I quit smoking and my asthma is much better.I went from daily severe attacks to maybe a few times a month if i get over exerted or over heated. I feel better now :)

20. the_intimidator03

the_intimidator03 Full Member

Sep 11, 2013
    Eugene, Oregon
    My friend mentioned vaping to me which got the idea in my head. I was considering a move to Alaska where analogs could run 10-12 dollars a pack. I wanted something cheaper and didn't smell like garbage (as I got heaps of complaints from family due to smoke on clothes smell) I never was concerned with my health, still am not, but I most certainly am enjoying vaping flavors I enjoy, having a sense of smell and taste starting to come back, and perhaps my lungs will thank me but for now that remains to be seen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.