What led you to vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrishanuk

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2013
London (UK)
I started vaping, is because a guy at work was vaping, did not want to try the disposable ones because of all the bad reviews, Tried his ego C and he explained to me the components required.

My thoughts were cool, I can Vape in doors at work, with out leaving my desk.. :) Double Dosing with cigarettes, then gradually stopped smoking abnd become addicted to vaping;)

Laythor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2013
San Jose, CA
I had tried blu cigs and Njoys awhile ago, was less then impressed. A coworker was talking to me about how his friend had opened up a vape store nearby and when I asked 'what's vaping?" he spent the time to explain it to me.

A very pleasant experience at the store got me started, a great online community got me hooked. Analog free for over a month now.

lzmaranan

Sep 15, 2013
Virginia
Started vaping to stop smoking over 3yrs ago. Started using pen style ecig for a while. Then I discovered mods through friends. I was hooked like everyone else. At first I wasn't very successful on quiting smoking, I was actually smoking and vaping at the same time. After a lot of trial and error with juice strengths, vape sessions with friends..... I am finally tobacco free.

Back in February, one of my besties said she quit over a year ago and said how great it was. She said to get a kit and some e- liquid online, but didnt really expand too much on it since she lives far away and we were catching up on life. Well, I thought, if she can do it and she said it was so easy, then it was worth a shot. Bought a silver bullet, some LR atomizers, e- liquid, etc. from AltSmoke, and thought id give dripping a try. Package arrived and I tried a little and put it away. I suffer from seasonal affective disorder and had the blues, I guess. Then, a few months later, the sun came out, I was losing the winter weight and feeling better.

Almost a month ago I tried again. The 18650 battery was a no go so i ordered two more. They came 2 days later (thank you AltSmoke!) and my time had come! Haven't looked back! Ordered more juice, attys, etc... Ill be ONE MONTH in just a few days. I truly thank God for having this opportunity, this forum (where I have been lurking for a few months), and the vaping retailers who have helped me succeed. I want this for me. I am not going back. It was so easy that I tear up just thinking about it. I never thought I would be free from tobacco after 24 years. :0) I never thought there would be hope.

madqatter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
Virginia
My friend started, and I honestly just wanted to save money. What got you started?
I went to pick up some cigs at the convenience store, saw the disposable cigalikes for the millionth time and thought "Wonder what that's like?" Bought 'em. Tried 'em. Then I realized I might be able to use them to quit. So I bought some Evods and quit smoking. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread