What made most of us move to E-Cigs from analogs ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wefishallday

Mar 16, 2011
California
Quick Answer: Fourty-seven (47) years of smoking cigs with no end (and no desire to quit) in sight.

Realistic Answer: Loved Smoking and didn't plan to quit at all, but with a 5yr diagnosis of COPD, along with a constant cough, a $400/mo prescription for Advir plus other "lung" drugs, and an absolute inability to breath normally (let alone try to exercise or play with my grandkids outside) -- ahh . . . up popped an ad on my puter one day for e-cigs! Had never heard of them! Was interested. Where have I been I wondered. I'm online day/night. Researched heavily almost 2 weeks. Then, bought e-cigs along with a USB passthrough device for my PC + plenty of batteries and cartos. Had read enough to know batteries may not last long, and I was a 2+ pack/day smoker.

Started e-cigs 1-20-2011! Just planned to use them to cut down my constant outside breaks as smoking outside took too much of my time away from my pc/home based business. NO plans to quit smoking when I first ordered. BUT . . . . I started e-cigs on 1-20-2011 and haven't had a TOBACCO STICK SINCE! LOVE MY E-CIGS = SATISFYING, and really didn't even want another tobacco stick at all. (Note: I couldn't have done this without the always charged USB device for my PC as the batteries don't last long enough for me.)

At end of day 1 on e-cigs, I was amazed I hadn't smoked a real cig. Didn't really try not to, just loved the flavor/taste/draw of the e-cig. Except for my two pregnancies, it was the first time in my life since at 15 1/2 that I hadn't had cigarettes from the moment I got up till bedtime or even in middle of night.
Day 2, more amazed. Still hadn't lite up a real cig, and really didn't want to. (Guess you'd really have to know me to understand how big that statement really is. Honestly, I always figured that cigs would just kill me but we have to go some way, right???? Hmmmm) Really, it was only at the end of day two using e-cigs, that I realized I could quit smoking those coffin nails. It was then also perhaps the first time in my life that I really wanted to.

If interested -- here's my results after ONLY 2 mos now on e-cigs:

1) DON'T NEED OR TAKE ADVIR NOW! (Couldn't get thru a day before without it).
2) NO COUGHING, and I mean NONE. I no longer keep hubby and myself up all night coughing or break out into coughing jags for no apparent reason.
3) NO PHLEM - Don't be disgusted. Part of long-term heavy smoking. DONE spitting up that junk after about 2 weeks on e-cigs.
4) NO WHEEZING OR SNORING now either! Geez that was particularly embarrasing when flying on long trips. Good grief. Imagine sitting in an aisle seat, falling asleep, with body arching into the aisle: snore - wheeze - snore - wheeze.
5) NOW CAN TAKE FULLY DEEP BREATHS and without coughing at all - amazing!
6) Wake up fully refreshed with full breath - what a treat!
7) Too many other good stuff to list. It's all true!
8) BEST OF ALL -- Now I can play baseball and soccer with my little grandkids outside. I can chase them around the house to play. I now take them to the Park and keep up. I can sleep through the night. I can walk up the stairs without panting. And on and on and on . . . . . .

SO WHY DID I START E-CIGS -- Frankly, on a whim but with much research first. I never originally intended to quit tobacco at all. Fully intended just to replace a few of the many death sticks I was consuming a day to buy a little more work time in the day at the PC. Obviously, that original plan didn't work. What a treat to be wrong. E-cigs satisfy me fully.

So, yes, you can expect me to be in the crowd of very angry citizens if ever this e-cig issue comes before our Senators or Representatives for a vote! And, by the way -- they can now find SOMEONE else to tax, and leave us vapers alone!

robocig

ECF Veteran
I decided to quit the moment my father told me "you smell like smoke". I realized that I was avoiding coming near people because of the way I smelled! Combine that with the fact that I was developing a cough and that was enough for me. Add to the fact that I went from a social smoker (about a pack every ten days) to half-pack almost overnight due to a medication change made me worry that if I kept smoking it might get even worse.

(Plus the fact that I have a strong interest in perfumery- doesn't combine well with smoking!)

CATastrophe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2011
Purradise (NETN)
I definitely wanted to quit. I was a smoker for twenty-some years. Quit cold turkey while in the hospital for emergency surgery and a hard recovery. Stayed off them for 5 years, even though husband still smoked.

Then my dad died and a few days later a good friend's dad died. I was a non-smoker in group of mostly smokers and succumbed at the after-funeral gathering of our friend's dad (mourning my father and theirs with my father's funeral still to go). Over about a month, I ramped up to about half a pack a day and have been there for about 2 and a half years. I've had enough.

I felt better, smelled better, and was content when I didn't smoke.

I bought a 510 set up last fall, dabbled some, went back to smoking, and just about 2 weeks ago, picked up the 510 again and haven't had a cig since. I'm waiting for a box mod now to make things even easier.

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky
Being able to "smoke" in non-smoking places. I got my first pv for the time in-between cigarettes. Took my first hit of an eGo with the crappy generic cartridge and a light went off in my head "I can do this INSTEAD of smoking." So call me an accidental quitter who started vaping because of smoking restrictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread