RDA What mg strength do you use in your RDA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wawiv22

Feb 15, 2015
Annandale, VA
Hey I'm semi-new into vaping and I first read that light cigarette smokers should get 12 mg/ml e-liquid. I have been mixing in 6 mg/ml with it because I have had one person from a B&M shop say I'm crazy for dripping 12 mg and another person I saw on campus yesterday said the same thing...

Just curious as to what other people are using

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
I was vaping 12mg in tanks when I first started dripping. That was down from the 24mg that I started with. I got some 6mg to drip with and now it's all I vape be it in drippers or tanks. Didn't want to have to buy 2 different strengths.

But just like B2L said, that's what I like. Each person is different. If you're satisfied with 12mg then 12mg it is. For you. Don't let others dictate your pleasure.

john333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Indiana
I drip 12 mg. Hell of a TH. My problem is if I don't have TH it just feels like breathing. When I smoked it was Winston or Camel. Anything ultra light was out of the question. Felt like breathing air. I have to admit though, I don't inhale much. I inhale enough to get a TH then let the rest of the draw stay in the mouth. I vape more like smoking a cigar than a cigarette. A normal draw for me is around 2 to 3 seconds. Its all about TH and flavor, don't care about clouds even though a 3 second draw with a 0.1 ohm build still produces some vapor. To each his own. also, i have to warn anyone trying my setup. If i don't, they will choke.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Hey I'm semi-new into vaping and I first read that light cigarette smokers should get 12 mg/ml e-liquid. I have been mixing in 6 mg/ml with it because I have had one person from a B&M shop say I'm crazy for dripping 12 mg and another person I saw on campus yesterday said the same thing...

Just curious as to what other people are using

It depends on the wattage, not the dripping.

I think for a lot of people, based on numbers I see reported here
for a rule of thumb, people tend to vape approx:
milligrams = 100/wattage

If you're vaping 12mg my guess would be you're vaping at around 9 watts;; maybe 5 watts, maybe 20 watts, but probably not 40 watts

Pushbutton

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2014
Vienna, Austria
I drip 12mg in pure VG juices on a 0.5 ohm dual coil setup at around 33W.
Mostly it will depend on 3 things i'd say.

The smoothness of your nic and PG/VG ratio.
The level of nicotine your body is used to.
The style of your inhale, dripper and build (flavor vs cloud atty) and it's vapor output. I'm not going to say wattage, because the wattage needed to drive a build will depend heavily on the wire used and airflow, so it's hard to generalize that way.

If you do very deep inhales that completely fill your lungs and chase the biggest clouds you can get, then 12mg will most likely make you feel dizzy after a couple of drags, even if you were a heavy smoker :)

I'd suggest you get a small bottle of a juice you like in different nic strengths, and find out that way.

Last edited:

Libbydude

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2012
Idaho
I use 18mg in rda's and tanks. When I get to a point where I can go lower I think I may be able to quit vaping.
I was a smoker and smokeless tobacco user. There was a time when I used 48mg on a regular basis.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that nobody can really tell you what you should be vaping. Just depends how new you are to not smoking. Don't try to drop your nic too early. I listened to people that told me to vape 6mg because I was using a dripper. After about 5 hours my Wife kindly asked me to go to the shop and get something that worked. (I guess I was being kind of a ....) I came back with a 18mg bottle of honey dew.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread