What new mod and tank to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemInEye

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2015
Somewhere In PA
Kayfun V5 clone. So far not bad. I destroyed both of the coils that came with it. RBA deck is kind of too tight.
For all of you MTL vapers this tank can be used for it. Even at 4 dots airflow its still tighthter draw than Kanger Subtank Mini. On 1 or 2 can definitelly be used for MTL.

I have one of these on the way. It will be my first Kayfun..Being a MTL i figured i have to at least try a kayfun at some point. I was always hesitant because of all the pieces and no afc and top filling. So when the v5 came out I thought there is one i can try. I will try it without the MTL adapter but if i need it i will have to find out where to get it. Have you found that this rta is leaking or power hungry at all? I had a steamcrave and while that didnt leak i had to use it at higher temps than what i was comfortable with.

MC Vape

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2015
I have one of these on the way. It will be my first Kayfun..Being a MTL i figured i have to at least try a kayfun at some point. I was always hesitant because of all the pieces and no afc and top filling. So when the v5 came out I thought there is one i can try. I will try it without the MTL adapter but if i need it i will have to find out where to get it. Have you found that this rta is leaking or power hungry at all? I had a steamcrave and while that didnt leak i had to use it at higher temps than what i was comfortable with.

I think you gonna be ok with MTL without the adapter. If I put it on 1 dot airflow its really tight drag. Even or 4 is still tight a little. I've builded 0.8ohm coil with 28g kanthal but 2 coils that came with were at least 1-1.2ohm. Unfortunately I had a bad day and I was nervous so I destroyed them both without getting a chance to try them out. I dont think it requires a lot of power I vape at 19W but it drinks juice moderate. Not too fast but you can see it coming down. No leakage noticed so far. I think it will barely leak if so just because of the way how it is build.

MattVid

Aug 6, 2015
Seattle, WA, USA
I wish they catch them and they get a cancer and die in prison. ... is going on with this planet?! I am even sure they don't even vape they just stole random package. Ugh!
Sorry to hear that, sucks, big time. I ask myself similar questions all the time. I have found, when something is stolen, it is 1000 times more work to catch the person than the cost of the item stolen. It is the sad world we live in.

Good luck on getting your stuff back, or on your next order. So far so good with my setup. I am getting a little leaking, but I mainly think my wicking on the new velocity decks is poor. Need to practice more!

MattVid

Aug 6, 2015
Seattle, WA, USA
Kayfun V5 doesnt leak at all. Its a good thing you can even close juice holes if you dont vape so its very good tank.
Nice. I may have to look into buying one of those. Is that a 2 post build in that tank?

Since I last posted, I built up the Limitless tank and this things rocks. Tried my first SS316L build, and it seems to be working nice. First time doing temperature control ... and I am loving it. Not even sure I will go back to the Griffin 25, haha.

I am going to rebuild the Griffin 25 correctly tonight and see if I can get it to stop leaking (and with TC coils). The leak is very minor, and is because my wicks are not going down far enough in the channels, I think. Also have to make sure they clear the air holes, or it will also leak.

Overall, I feel like the Limitless is much easier to build on. I will post again after I get the builds figured out and more time with the Limitless.

MC Vape

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2015
Nice. I may have to look into buying one of those. Is that a 2 post build in that tank?

Since I last posted, I built up the Limitless tank and this things rocks. Tried my first SS316L build, and it seems to be working nice. First time doing temperature control ... and I am loving it. Not even sure I will go back to the Griffin 25, haha.

I am going to rebuild the Griffin 25 correctly tonight and see if I can get it to stop leaking (and with TC coils). The leak is very minor, and is because my wicks are not going down far enough in the channels, I think. Also have to make sure they clear the air holes, or it will also leak.

Overall, I feel like the Limitless is much easier to build on. I will post again after I get the builds figured out and more time with the Limitless.

Kayfun is single coil build. To me its kind of tighter build than Kanger Subtank Mini you will need to be more patient with it even if people say its the easiest build deck ever. Its not hard to build but Kanger is easier imo. Thieves are not truing builds on my limitless plus and my gruffin 25 [emoji17]
I've tried 28g ss build on my Kanger in vw mode. Its kind of weird vape to me and I dont see any difference in flavor plus Im getting less vapor than kanthal.

MC Vape

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2015
Another cool safety feature on Cuboid. After updating software the mod will limit you highest wattage according to the coil and batteries. For example I cant go higher than 75W on my single 1.05ohm coil and that will be 9V. I dont even need to go that high I vape it at 20W.
Most of the people dont like that but its cool to me since that is a safety feature and I know Im safe now my mod thinks for me. Whoever doesnt like it can always downgrade the software and remove that limitation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MC Vape

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2015
832883dca43e1446de928915945f64d1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread