What new mod and tank to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MC Vape

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2015
Hi guys. I've been vapimg for almost a year now and I want to buy new mod and new tank but I am kind of stuck here.
My first mod was 20W small mod with Aspire Nautilus mini.
My second (current) mod is Innokin Itaste MVP 3 Pro (60W) and Im using Kangertech Subtank Mini and just using RBA head all the time.
Now I want to buy new mod and 1 or 2 tanks (rebuildable) but Im not sure which ones are good and strong. I like Eleaf Istick 100W mod but I was thinking to maybe buy a temperature controled mod and I dont want to spend a lot of money.

So my mod options for now are:

Elaef Ipower 80W
Innokin coolfire 4 TC100
Siegel T150 touchscreen
Laisimo L1 200W TC
Joye Cuboid 150W TC
Eleaf iSmoka iStick 100W (no temp control)
Joyetech eVic-VT 60W 5000mAh

tanks:

IJoy Limitless RDTA
GeekVape Griffin 25
SmokTech TFV8 (but this one eats juice and has crazy low ohm so I afraid to buy it)
Goliath V2
Eleaf Lemo 2
Horizon Arctic V8
Uwell Crown Tank

These are just my options and what looks good to me.
Any suggestion is appreciated.
Thanks!

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
The Eleaf Istick 100w does have TC control. It's a very nice mod for the money! But for the same money, with thrifty shopping, you can get an Istick Pico, or Istick TC 200w. So a one, two or three battery mod, all do TC, all have more options than you and I will ever use and all can be had for around $40!
I'm a huge fan if you can't tell, I won't lie! I have a Pico and an Istick TC 200, I've used a TC 100 and probably would have bought it, but there was a sale and I got the 200w with three LGHG2's shipped for around $54? I wouldn't want it for my carry vape, the 100w or Pico are much better, and a lot lighter/smaller to carry.
All the tanks you've listed are above my limit, too airy for my MTL style of vaping, so I'm no help there at all, sorry. But I have an Avocado a Theorum and a TFV4. I like the Theorum the best, but Wismec will never get anymore of my money.

Reactions: satchvai

MC Vape

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2015
The Eleaf Istick 100w does have TC control. It's a very nice mod for the money! But for the same money, with thrifty shopping, you can get an Istick Pico, or Istick TC 200w. So a one, two or three battery mod, all do TC, all have more options than you and I will ever use and all can be had for around $40!
I'm a huge fan if you can't tell, I won't lie! I have a Pico and an Istick TC 200, I've used a TC 100 and probably would have bought it, but there was a sale and I got the 200w with three LGHG2's shipped for around $54? I wouldn't want it for my carry vape, the 100w or Pico are much better, and a lot lighter/smaller to carry.
All the tanks you've listed are above my limit, too airy for my MTL style of vaping, so I'm no help there at all, sorry. But I have an Avocado a Theorum and a TFV4. I like the Theorum the best, but Wismec will never get anymore of my money.

Thanks for you help. Im more for lung inhale but I'll check those tanks out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

subwayaznm

A Geek with a Cool slice
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2016
USA
I will suggest for a mod the Vapor Shark Stout. 2650 Battery; it's 75 or 100 Watts, and a sturdy reasonably priced.
The Tank Kayfun v4 (Clone). Easy deck to build on; great flavor, nice 4.5ml juice capacity, & last but not least durable.
Oh wait once again reasonably priced.
Or if you like a more open draw to your Vape the Kayfun 5(Clone)
Please post on what you do finally get:thumb:

Reactions: MC Vape

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
I will suggest for a mod the Vapor Shark Stout. 2650 Battery; it's 75 or 100 Watts, and a sturdy reasonably priced.
The Tank Kayfun v4 (Clone). Easy deck to build on; great flavor, nice 4.5ml juice capacity, & last but not least durable.
This is a DL hitter looking at the list, I don't see a KF being airy enough for them.

Reactions: ScandaLeX

MC Vape

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2015

I've checked this Kayfun V5 tank. It looks like a lot of flavor type a tank. My question is if you put glass tank instead a metal one is there a change in flavor? I kind of like to see what is going on with my juice while I vape. [emoji51]
Another thing does it leak alot? For example Kanger mini barely leaks on me but sometimes it does especially after I wick it and vape with the same wick for 4-5 days.
Thanks

Reactions: subwayaznm

subwayaznm

A Geek with a Cool slice
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2016
USA
I've checked this Kayfun V5 tank. It looks like a lot of flavor type a tank. My question is if you put glass tank instead a metal one is there a change in flavor? I kind of like to see what is going on with my juice while I vape. [emoji51]
Another thing does it leak alot? For example Kanger mini barely leaks on me but sometimes it does especially after I wick it and vape with the same wick for 4-5 days.
Thanks

Well I've not had any Kayfun leak on me and Have had the real and Cliones of all models. B the Five does have good flavor along with a more open air flow; so it's more of a Direct Lung Vapor style. About the metal Tank instead of the glass. I hadn't noticed a flavor difference, but I'm with you that I like seeing the juice level.
I hope that I answered your questions.
I use a wick a week unless I want to change flavor
Enjoy

Reactions: MC Vape

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
For DL, also take a look at the Crius Plus. Nice big velocity build deck, top and bottom airflow, and it doesn't leak. It is 25 mm, so it won't fit something like the Pico.

I didn't notice if you want TC or not. If so, while most mods will do it, you might also look at some of the DNA options out there. More money, but nice performance. Also, at this point in the vaping industry with all the regs going into effect, I would not buy a mod that does not have replaceable batteries.

subwayaznm

A Geek with a Cool slice
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2016
USA
This is a DL hitter looking at the list, I don't see a KF being airy enough for them.
The Kayfun v5 is a DL RTA. Watch any of the You Tube reviews and you'll see what I mean; plus I have one and I'm a MTL Vaper and really was disappointed with the DL open draw of the KFv5. I expected a larger version of the KFMv3. Oh well they have come out with a retro kit to make it a tighter draw and MTL Vape though. But right out of the Box it's a D/L Vape. Surprise, Surprise!:lol::D:?:

Reactions: MMW

MC Vape

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2015
The Kayfun v5 is a DL RTA. Watch any of the You Tube reviews and you'll see what I mean; plus I have one and I'm a MTL Vaper and really was disappointed with the DL open draw of the KFv5. I expected a larger version of the KFMv3. Oh well they have come out with a retro kit to make it a tighter draw and MTL Vape though. But right out of the Box it's a D/L Vape. Surprise, Surprise!:lol::D:?:

What is DL? Direct lung? I am looking for that.

Reactions: subwayaznm
Hi guys. I've been vapimg for almost a year now and I want to buy new mod and new tank but I am kind of stuck here.
My first mod was 20W small mod with Aspire Nautilus mini.
My second (current) mod is Innokin Itaste MVP 3 Pro (60W) and Im using Kangertech Subtank Mini and just using RBA head all the time.
Now I want to buy new mod and 1 or 2 tanks (rebuildable) but Im not sure which ones are good and strong. I like Eleaf Istick 100W mod but I was thinking to maybe buy a temperature controled mod and I dont want to spend a lot of money.

So my mod options for now are:

Elaef Ipower 80W
Innokin coolfire 4 TC100
Siegel T150 touchscreen
Laisimo L1 200W TC
Joye Cuboid 150W TC
Eleaf iSmoka iStick 100W (no temp control)
Joyetech eVic-VT 60W 5000mAh

TANKS:

IJoy Limitless RDTA
GeekVape Griffin 25
SmokTech TFV8 (but this one eats juice and has crazy low ohm so I afraid to buy it)
Goliath V2
Eleaf Lemo 2
Horizon Arctic V8
Uwell Crown Tank

These are just my options and what looks good to me.
Any suggestion is appreciated.
Thanks!

I like my Cuboid 150w/200w. Don'y vape that hi=lgh buy 2 18650s last better than the single or internal battery ones. Menu is very straightforward. If I wanted another tank it would have to have real top airflow (goes down to the coil) and juiceflow control. Top coil so less leaking would be a bonus. Ceravape tank is good and has a ceramic coil.

subwayaznm

A Geek with a Cool slice
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2016
USA
What is DL? Direct lung? I am looking for that.

DL is indeed Direct Lung Vaping & MTL is Mouth to Lung Vaping more similar to smoking a Cig. Yes the Kayfun v5 is DL style Vaping straight out of the box, and they have still managed to keep the flavor profile that Kayfun is known for. And also Top Fill. I would presume that you would really like that Tank, and Fastech had them instock at a significant savings of course;)

Last edited:

MC Vape

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2015
I like my Cuboid 150w/200w. Don'y vape that hi=lgh buy 2 18650s last better than the single or internal battery ones. Menu is very straightforward. If I wanted another tank it would have to have real top airflow (goes down to the coil) and juiceflow control. Top coil so less leaking would be a bonus. Ceravape tank is good and has a ceramic coil.

Yeah cuboid looks nice to me.
I dont see an RBA section for this Ceravape Tank?

MattVid

Aug 6, 2015
Seattle, WA, USA
I am pretty much in the same boat right now. Vaping for about a year, and am looking to upgrade or at least buy a new setup.

Currently, I am still using my Kanger Subtank Mini kit, and has worked flawlessly for almost a year now. With all these regulations hitting, and just because I should, I need to have more than one setup.

I was looking at the Merlin RTA by Augvape/Roxy. Still trying to figure out a good mod/base for that tank. I am a DL vaper, but am looking for more flavor rather than just huge clouds.

I am curious what you come up with, and am looking for good recommendations. I definitely want:
-Replaceable 18650 batteries in the mod (not proprietary or built in batteries)
-A rebuildable RTA, which supports 1 or more coils (Want to try experimenting with more coil builds than what I can currently do on the Subtank Mini).
-Most likely TC and 150+ watts (I haven't tried anything but Kanthal yet, and probably should)
-USB charge port on the mod (great for camping/backpacking with my Anker 26000mAh battery charger)

MC Vape

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2015
I am pretty much in the same boat right now. Vaping for about a year, and am looking to upgrade or at least buy a new setup.

Currently, I am still using my Kanger Subtank Mini kit, and has worked flawlessly for almost a year now. With all these regulations hitting, and just because I should, I need to have more than one setup.

I was looking at the Merlin RTA by Augvape/Roxy. Still trying to figure out a good mod/base for that tank. I am a DL vaper, but am looking for more flavor rather than just huge clouds.

I am curious what you come up with, and am looking for good recommendations. I definitely want:
-Replaceable 18650 batteries in the mod (not proprietary or built in batteries)
-A rebuildable RTA, which supports 1 or more coils (Want to try experimenting with more coil builds than what I can currently do on the Subtank Mini).
-Most likely TC and 150+ watts (I haven't tried anything but Kanthal yet, and probably should)
-USB charge port on the mod (great for camping/backpacking with my Anker 26000mAh battery charger)

I read reviews about new Joye Limitless RTA. Everybody says its awesome and it look very nice. It has 2 coils.

MC Vape

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2015

MattVid

Aug 6, 2015
Seattle, WA, USA
I was looking at Griffin 25 too. Looks good. The other Im not familiar with it.
Hah, I am not either. I am literally just going off of the things I would like to see, and reviews. Any further insight from anyone that has experience would be fantastic.

August of last year, many recommended the Kanger Subtank Mini kit to start with, and it was an absolutely fantastic recommendation. I am still using it now. I definitely trust the hive mind of this forum, as far as good hardware.

DL is indeed Direct Lung Vaping & MTL is Mouth to Lung Vaping more similar to smoking a Cig. Yes the Kayfun v5 is DL style Vaping straight out of the box, and they have still managed to keep the flavor profile that Kayfun is known for. And also Top Fill. I would presume that you would really like that Tank, and Fastech had them instock at a significant savings of course;)

DL is use restricted air flow like a cig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread