What problems are you having with your Pro tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LazyBulldogge

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2013
Kalundborg, Denmark
Only real problem I've had, is when it was winter temperatures, when going from the cold outdoors to the warm indoors, it would flood the coil, both up the air shaft and down onto the battery connector, due to pressure change in the tank.
Fix is/was to disassemble, remove excess e-liquid and reassemble. Some say you can take a few draws while holding the tank upside down, but there's a risk of getting the liquid into your mouth if you do this.

Not a problem, more of an annoyance, was the loudness when fitted on an eVic, but this was muted a lot, by unscrewing the top cap of the eVic until it made full contact with the Protank base.

Apart from that, vaping greatness :)

Wallelf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2013
Heathsville, VA, USA
As I mentioned in another thread, I had to resort to double cupping, i.e. putting a second grommet on top of the one it came with, only flipping it upside down, so that the tube in the tank fits inside the cup when attached/screwed down. Worked like a charm and I can finally, after 2 weeks of messing around with the dern thing, enjoy my citrus blends.

~Buff~

Edit: I also had to plug 2 of the 3 air holes with putty to cut the draw.

Flyer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Illinois
They just generally don't have as much flavor as say an iClear 30 or Vivi Nova and the vape seems dryer, harsher. I haven't played with the flavor wicks or silicon cap yet, but seems they don't wick well and give slight burnt tastes too often. Haven't given up on them, just taking a break for now.

Last edited:
No Problems with my Protank! I love this thing! It is on the airy side, but that can be fixed by plugging one or more of the vents if you so choose. They are not as customizable as a nova or jtank but I think they look sexy as they are and it's metal and Pyrex so the thing will take a beating. I will say I've got it on my Vamo and it is a juice hog but for the quality of hit that i'm getting I can live with it. Vamo + Protank = Low budget vapor bliss.

Big Screen D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2011
Georgia
Love the Pro Tank and it's little brother the EVOD. I don't consider it a clearo, but rather a bottom coil RBA.

Putting a custom coil and wick in these is so easy and done properly rivals any device on the market imo.

Will occasionally get a flooded coil as the tank nears empty. Just take it off the PV and shake out the excess juice through and vape on.

Dirgon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2011
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
Floods like a sieve when heading outdoors into warm weather. Really pissing me off.

Constant dry hits. First coil ran for a week without a single dry hit after removing one wick. On my 3rd coil now (replaced a day old coil thinking it was the problem) and problem still persists, at 8 watts.

I've had to drop to 7 watts, which I like less but I get fewer-to-no dry hits.

DaxFX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Puerto Rico
Dam, i recived mine yesturday, at first was to airy but noe i got use to it,, one thing i notice ,,, not sure why but that thing is a hungry beast juice sucker, i fill my tank and in a couple of hours was empty.. Usually that same amount of juice last me all day even more. Also i notice mine have the 510 threading slightly bent to one side,, both of my twist looks like they have the pizza tower on top,,

Please a bit less airy could be better,,

Protank v2 wishlist.
Less airy
Stainless steel finish
Replacable drip tip

Sent from my iVap using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

yotasavg

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2013
Chico, CA
Floods like a sieve when heading outdoors into warm weather. Really pissing me off.

As for the flooding in warm weather, it's heating up here and my T3s are a mess all the time if I take them out of the AC environment. My coworker is having the same issues with his protank but both of us have had no hot weather related issues with our evods. With all similar designs I can't figure out what specifically the protanks and the T3s are lacking....

Dirgon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2011
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
As for the flooding in warm weather, it's heating up here and my T3s are a mess all the time if I take them out of the AC environment. My coworker is having the same issues with his protank but both of us have had no hot weather related issues with our evods. With all similar designs I can't figure out what specifically the protanks and the T3s are lacking....

Today I was doing some yard work and took a vape break, and I was flooded. I pulled the tank off, blew it out and reattached and was instantly flooded again. Rinse, repeat, still flooded. I blew *REALLY* hard and then noticed I had a lot of juice rolling out of the top of the glass where the mouthpiece meets.

Once I went and grabbed a diff. protank from inside, I didn't flood for the rest of the day. I think my flooding issues were caused from a failed seal causing vacuum loss.

yotasavg

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2013
Chico, CA
Today I was doing some yard work and took a vape break, and I was flooded. I pulled the tank off, blew it out and reattached and was instantly flooded again. Rinse, repeat, still flooded. I blew *REALLY* hard and then noticed I had a lot of juice rolling out of the top of the glass where the mouthpiece meets.

Once I went and grabbed a diff. protank from inside, I didn't flood for the rest of the day. I think my flooding issues were caused from a failed seal causing vacuum loss.

I think I have one with a vacuum leak as well, good call, I wasn't paying attention to that. Someone here re-glued their protank when the seal came apart. I wonder what kind of glue was used or what kind should be used.

Someone on here told me when it's gurgling due to weather or what have you to shake it like a thermometer. It's been working great. Make sure to be outside though it's a bit messy heh.

I do the shake as well. I found that a good fling of the mouth piece toward the ground is a good way to rid excess juice in the tube while out and about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread