Status
Not open for further replies.

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
I cut some VG Nic with PG and put it in a glass jar in the freezer awhile back. I took it out and let it warm to room temperature, but it still isn't mixing evenly. Something is settling to the bottom right away.
Someone did a video awhile back, a chemist I think, and I believe he said nic settles to the bottom of VG or PG.

Can anyone confirm?

I have a 60 mil syringe and need to draw off the top to fill smaller bottles.

Damn glass jars! I never would have noticed with plastic!;)

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
Once it warms up it may stay in solution better. Not sure though, I don't freeze.

As long as it stays mixed I wouldn't worry too much about which is which,
unless inquiring minds just "have to know".

Oil is thicker than water and floats on top, I believe.
VG is thicker than PG so nic is probably on the top.

I'm only guessing tho, too much time on my hands. Cheers.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
I have read many threads where it says freezing nic is best to be done in pg. If you search "freezing nic", ecf will bring up lots of good reading. I personally would think that once it reaches room temperature and is given a very good shake it would be fine after you mix up the recipe (unflavored or flavored). I am sure others that know a lot more than me will come along and give you a definite answer and we will both learn something. :)

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
Thanks all.
I left it in a cabinet overnight and it was better this morning, but something still wanted to separate. I went ahead and split it. Probably should have just poured it, but I like that 60 ml syringe. Less worry of making a mess.
It's in the freeze and I won't cut that large a batch again. If I remember that by the time I use this pint of 50mg. ;)

It does make me wonder how well mixed I will be able to get that Heartland liter to be able to pour it. I won't be able to tell in the black jug, but I don't think an amber bottle would be much different. Eh, I'll worry about that in a year or two.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread