what should be my next mod ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UrNsFace

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2017
so i have been running my innokin t18 for a month now since i replaced the analogs with vaping (not even 1 cigarrete smoked since then) - from 6-10~ cigarretes a day to 6MG 2.5ML and then to 4.5MG 2.5ML
and now i feel im in the sweetspot untill i feel like i want to drop the nicotine level
i really like my current mtl and it is gonna still be my daily driver for consuming nicotine
but i dont fing it very fun to vape 0MG nicotine on it and i want one of those bigger mods out there so i cant vape at home for fun and the flavor (i have no clue what i should be looking for)
i wanna spend up to like 100$ lets say on a mod and a tank.
i thought about the OBS bat , what do you think about it ?

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
2. can you explain that one cuase i have no idea what you are talking about.
"Wick and wire" atty would be a rebuildable atomizer. You make your own coils and cotton wicks.

Augvape-Druga-RDA-Atomizer-Vape-Electronic-Cigarette-Tank-Dual-Post-Gold-Plated-Build-Deck-24mm-Dripka.jpg

A "drop in" coil is a factory made, replaceable coil head you purchase from a vendor and insert into the clearomizer tank.

Uwell-Crown-Edit-5.png

Several clearomizer tanks have an optional bottom piece that allows you to build your own homemade coils, or you can use the factory coils.

uwell_crown_rba_1__12978.1446151780.386.513.jpg

Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
And what mod should i buy for it ?
The conventional wisdom around here seems to be that the best first mod is the pico25. It’s small, reliable, cheap, and full featured. To go along with it you’ll want a couple or three 18650 batteries and a charger for them. Mooch's blog | E-Cigarette Forum Has all the reviews and data on those you will need

UrNsFace

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2017
"Wick and wire" atty would be a rebuildable atomizer. You make your own coils and cotton wicks.

Augvape-Druga-RDA-Atomizer-Vape-Electronic-Cigarette-Tank-Dual-Post-Gold-Plated-Build-Deck-24mm-Dripka.jpg

A "drop in" coil is a factory made, replaceable coil head you purchase from a vendor and insert into the clearomizer tank.

Uwell-Crown-Edit-5.png

Several clearomizer tanks have an optional bottom piece that allows you to build your own homemade coils, or you can use the factory coils.

uwell_crown_rba_1__12978.1446151780.386.513.jpg
yea i dont know if i wanna make my own coils seems like it can just complicate things for no reason

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm not sure I'd put a Crown on a Pico, at least not with some of the lower resistance coils. Battery life might get a little bit bad.

If asking for a "Tank" that can "do" MTL as well, there are several "crossover" tanks and I guess a Crown original might be as good as any since it has a 1.2 coil, which is technically MTL. I hear the airflow is somewhat adjustable too, which can help achieve the "MTL" effect.

I don't necessarily adore crossover tanks. There are a few good ones, but my observation has been that they tend to do both, but don't really "shine" both ways. I mean, the Crown is mainly setup to be a DL sub0hm vape, and although you can use higher ohm coils, the tank is still "designed" for DL vaping. I've almost gotten a Crown on several occasions, then decided against. I don't think it will "do" MTL as well as some of my other vapes, and I'm firmly in that camp.

As far as a mod, I'd recommend a dual battery 18650 mod. There are endless possibilities out there, but you really just want to make sure that they offer the features you need (e.g. enough wattage to suit your needs) and for it to be reliable, etc. I could throw some recommendations out there, like the Tesla Nano Steampunk or the Eleaf Invoke (lightweight, tiny, almost lighter than one of my single battery setups) or the Smoant Cylon (just an all around great vape, IMO, it's a very, very nice mod) but these are my personal favorites. You'll need to do some digging and maybe check out some of the threads on the more popular mods (I'd look in the Tc forum and/or the VV/VW forum) for those threads, and perhaps check out the review forum here, where often members will post reviews on mods (not all sponsored either, just reviews of a device they like).

Hope any of this is helpful!

Anna

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Almost any duel 18650 kit will do what you want. I've been looking at the revenger x.

I bought 4 Revenger Xs I love them so much. One is always my daily driver then I rotate with a DNA or YiHi. But if I could only have one it would be the X.

UrNsFace

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2017
2.5 ml a day?:)

Wow, you vape a lot less than myself & many more here, I was using around that with my first eGo devices in late 2013. You surely don't need nor want a high powered mod nor tank, 2.5 ml will last no time in most any of these.

Just my opinion, you'd do good with a reliable brand eGo device with a good sized battery, based on your usage, even a medium powered mod will use more juice than that (when paired with a high powered tank). The coil itself will hold 1 ml or so. Or you can choose a mid range mod that'll allow you to use an adapter for a Kanger eGo (or similar type) tank, where you can turn down the wattage.

The good about that.....your batteries will last a long time, much more so than an eGo.:)

Cat
Yea well i vape like i used to smoke
So i dont vape all day long
Now i moved to like 3.5 ml a day with lower nic liquid
And yea i never wanted to vape above like 25 w max i really like the mtl style

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Of course i can check stuff on youtube but im asking for you guys opinions
Well in that case we need to know some things:
Do you want the ability to DL as well as MTL?
Are you interested in a wick&wire atty a drop in coil atty, or one with the ability to do both?
Are you willing to buy mod and atty separately or do you want a kit?

• Agree

UrNsFace

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2017
Well in that case we need to know some things:
Do you want the ability to DL as well as MTL?
Are you interested in a wick&wire atty a drop in coil atty, or one with the ability to do both?
Are you willing to buy mod and atty separately or do you want a kit?
1. i guess it could be nice if it can be mtl and dtl at the same time but i have already onlt mtl device so its not that needed
2. can you explain that one cuase i have no idea what you are talking about
3. i dont think i care about buying them separately as long as the mod and the tank are working toghter well i guess

just as a back round, i dont know anything yet about vaping just started with the mtl one to replace my cigarettes and i dont know if even spending those 100$ will get me something so mych better then what i have now ( again i will still use my current device since its light weight and i can put in my pocket)
but i see those bigger vapping devices that i ask myself even if i need those ones at all

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
1. i guess it could be nice if it can be mtl and dtl at the same time but i have already onlt mtl device so its not that needed
2. can you explain that one cuase i have no idea what you are talking about
3. i dont think i care about buying them separately as long as the mod and the tank are working toghter well i guess

just as a back round, i dont know anything yet about vaping just started with the mtl one to replace my cigarettes and i dont know if even spending those 100$ will get me something so mych better then what i have now ( again i will still use my current device since its light weight and i can put in my pocket)
but i see those bigger vapping devices that i ask myself even if i need those ones at all
Only DTL makes it easier as does separate mod and atty. basically all attys work with all mods. There are a few exceptions but you generally have to pick from opposite extremes to arrange it.

• Agree

UrNsFace

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2017
Only DTL makes it easier as does separate mod and atty. basically all attys work with all mods. There are a few exceptions but you generally have to pick from opposite extremes to arrange it.
Yea so i want one that can so also dtl and mtl do you have one that is goos in mind?

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Yea so i want one that can so also dtl and mtl do you have one that is goos in mind?
I was kind of avoiding that question. I’m not a drop in coil atty guy. I could say the crown 1 &crown3, the subvod (if the coils are still available) are well liked on the forum for that ability, but I’m a wick&wire guy so I have no first hand knowledge

• Useful

UrNsFace

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2017
I was kind of avoiding that question. I’m not a drop in coil atty guy. I could say the crown 1 &crown3, the subvod (if the coils are still available) are well liked on the forum for that ability, but I’m a wick&wire guy so I have no first hand knowledge
And what mod should i buy for it ?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
  • Useful

UrNsFace

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2017
I'm not sure I'd put a Crown on a Pico, at least not with some of the lower resistance coils. Battery life might get a little bit bad.

If asking for a "Tank" that can "do" MTL as well, there are several "crossover" tanks and I guess a Crown original might be as good as any since it has a 1.2 coil, which is technically MTL. I hear the airflow is somewhat adjustable too, which can help achieve the "MTL" effect.

I don't necessarily adore crossover tanks. There are a few good ones, but my observation has been that they tend to do both, but don't really "shine" both ways. I mean, the Crown is mainly setup to be a DL sub0hm vape, and although you can use higher ohm coils, the tank is still "designed" for DL vaping. I've almost gotten a Crown on several occasions, then decided against. I don't think it will "do" MTL as well as some of my other vapes, and I'm firmly in that camp.

As far as a mod, I'd recommend a dual battery 18650 mod. There are endless possibilities out there, but you really just want to make sure that they offer the features you need (e.g. enough wattage to suit your needs) and for it to be reliable, etc. I could throw some recommendations out there, like the Tesla Nano Steampunk or the Eleaf Invoke (lightweight, tiny, almost lighter than one of my single battery setups) or the Smoant Cylon (just an all around great vape, IMO, it's a very, very nice mod) but these are my personal favorites. You'll need to do some digging and maybe check out some of the threads on the more popular mods (I'd look in the Tc forum and/or the VV/VW forum) for those threads, and perhaps check out the review forum here, where often members will post reviews on mods (not all sponsored either, just reviews of a device they like).

Hope any of this is helpful!

Anna
If i give up on the mtl option and want only dtl the crown is still a good option?
I also so good reviews on the smok alien 220w that i can also buy as a kit with a tank or without a tank and buy a tank separately

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread