What should I get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

disco180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
New York
I'm planning to order the sentinel clone v3 from fasttech..
But I don't know what to get on top of it.

I don't think I'm ready for a RDA. :oops:

If you are not ready for an RDA then you are not ready for a Mech Mod. Remember the mods only put out what the battery has to offer, so a fully charged battery will give you 4.2v and using high ohm attachments like clearo's and Carto's will not give you a good vape once the voltage of the battery starts to drop, you will be charging batteries all the time in order to get a good vape :blink:.

ubergeek922

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2013
Cincinnati
If you are not ready for an RDA then you are not ready for a Mech Mod. Remember the mods only put out what the battery has to offer, so a fully charged battery will give you 4.2v and using high ohm attachments like clearo's and Carto's will not give you a good vape once the voltage of the battery starts to drop, you will be charging batteries all the time in order to get a good vape :blink:.

I disagree. Go ahead and get your feet wet with a cheap mech. I would suggest get low resistance heads for whatever put on it though. I would only use 1.5 ohm. However, I would also recommend getting a cheap rda from fasttech too. Pick a single coil design, and to start get some extra wick and wires too. It'll cost about $7, once you see how easy it is there will be a whole new world for ya. With the mech, you'll soon be wanting to tailor your vape to perfectly fit your style. Do not resist your destiny.

disco180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
New York
I disagree. Go ahead and get your feet wet with a cheap mech. I would suggest get low resistance heads for whatever put on it though. I would only use 1.5 ohm. However, I would also recommend getting a cheap rda from fasttech too. Pick a single coil design, and to start get some extra wick and wires too. It'll cost about $7, once you see how easy it is there will be a whole new world for ya. With the mech, you'll soon be wanting to tailor your vape to perfectly fit your style. Do not resist your destiny.

I disagree back LOL.... When people ask about getting into RDAs then the Mech comes automatically. When someone wants a mech first usually they don't want to put in the time to deal with coils, wicks and all the other stuff IMHO

ubergeek922

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2013
Cincinnati
I disagree back LOL.... When people ask about getting into RDAs then the Mech comes automatically. When someone wants a mech first usually they don't want to put in the time to deal with coils, wicks and all the other stuff IMHO

Unfortunately, I am unable to accept your disagreement at this time, and would like to counter-disagree.
First, there is always the option of adding a kick. I personally don't see the logic in making a mech a VV, but it is an option to help with the clearos and cartos.
Second, un-kicked the performance will degrade as the battery drops regardless of using a rebuildable or not. Lower resistance heads will help compensate for this. I hereby deem this point moot.
And thricely, OP never said they didn't want an RDA, they stated they do not think they are "ready for it". To that, I say poppycock. Throw one on the order, toss it in the vape box when it arrives, watch some videos with it in hand as a reference to what the video is showing. It'll just sit in the box whispering their name until finally, it graces the top of the mech. It's the way god intended ya know.
To the OP, with the many guides and videos out there, RDAs are very simple. And in my opinion, offer performance which you will not find in an off the shelf carto or clearo. Still not interested? Try an X9, but use 1.5Ω protank heads in it. My wife likes them and they come in a variety of colors.
$6.99 X9 Protank Electronic Cigarette Atomizer (2.5mL) - blue / 2.0

disco180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
New York
Unfortunately, I am unable to accept your disagreement at this time, and would like to counter-disagree.
First, there is always the option of adding a kick. I personally don't see the logic in making a mech a VV, but it is an option to help with the clearos and cartos.
Second, un-kicked the performance will degrade as the battery drops regardless of using a rebuildable or not. Lower resistance heads will help compensate for this. I hereby deem this point moot.
And thricely, OP never said they didn't want an RDA, they stated they do not think they are "ready for it". To that, I say poppycock. Throw one on the order, toss it in the vape box when it arrives, watch some videos with it in hand as a reference to what the video is showing. It'll just sit in the box whispering their name until finally, it graces the top of the mech. It's the way god intended ya know.
To the OP, with the many guides and videos out there, RDAs are very simple. And in my opinion, offer performance which you will not find in an off the shelf carto or clearo. Still not interested? Try an X9, but use 1.5Ω protank heads in it. My wife likes them and they come in a variety of colors.
$6.99 X9 Protank Electronic Cigarette Atomizer (2.5mL) - blue / 2.0

Checkmate!! You win .. Voltage drop will always happen true, and OP never said didn't want an RDA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread