Getting Into Sub Ohming (Questions)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghetto

Jan 31, 2012
USA
Ill make this short:
I know the basics of it, and I want to get into sub ohming (cloud chasing is what i'm really after) and I was thinking about the Following setup:

batteries:
Sony US18650VTC5

Charger:
Nitecore Intellicharge i4

RDA: (will be using 28 gauge kanthal and cotton wick)
IGO-W3 (from fasttech)
OR
Whatever you guys think would be better from fasttech

MOD:
Sentinel M16 Clone (fasttech)
OR
Whatever you guys think would be better from Fasttech

My Questions:

Would this be okay for a first setup?

Why are MODs so expensive compared to clones? I understand they can be made from different materials, but i wont be throwing this thing around so there shouldn't be any breaking on a clone.

Why are RDA's so expensive compared to clones? If i am building my own coils, shouldn't the performance be the same?

How fast would these batteries die? (lets say im vaping around 0.5 ohms) I don't want a 10 hitter quitter, and i would assume these would die much faster than not sub ohming because of the higher amp draw.

​(sorry i cannot post links)

Runningw235

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2014
Virginia
Everything on your list looks fine, but you NEED an ohm-reader. They're like 20 dollars. That way you can read your resistance before you fire it. This is much safer.

You also want to make sure you never exceed the amp-rating for your batteries. Google "ohms law calculator", input resistance and voltage/wattage to find out what kind of amp demands your set up is putting on your battery.

Kryyptyk

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Austin, TX, USA
I was looking at the trident too, but I'm wondering if there is a but difference between clones and the real deal

There are small cosmetic differences between the Trident Version 1 and the Trident Version 1 clone. The authentic Trident has better workmanship, but that's just nitpicking. As for performance, they're both dead on. I own and love both devices, but if you need to see proof RIP Trippers did a side by side review of both devices, which I'll just leave here. :blush:

*deleon517*

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
s. florida
I also vote trident over the w3, both I use daily and the trident is a better all around single or dual coil build deck. The w3 is great for quads but fitting enough coil to hit .5ohm with quads will be a pain in the w3. Also take it slow and build a few coils around 1ohm first to get your feet wet. A good micro coil at 1ohm will hit nicely and allow you to work out new user set up errors before diving into the deep end of vaping.

I have the vtc4's and love them. Pretty much the only battery I use now in mechs. All my aw and efest have been dedicated to vv/vw mods. Im usually between .8 and 1ohm and a fresh battery will last me all day with the power starting to drop as im leaving work.

.5ohm would be about 8.4 amps roughly, so you won't be pushing the battery terribly hard. The 30 amp is for continuous draws which would be longer then what most vapors can draw on the device for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread