What size wick for rebuilding Kanger coils?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aviz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
SF E. Bay , CA
Correction: I used two strands (2/3 of a millimeter) for the flavor wick and two mm for the coil wick. for some reason it works better on the EVOD
Here is a quick fix that woeked on all my PTK and Evods :
Leave the coil alone.

1. Remove the Flavor wick
2. Wash the coil
3. Assemble the coil on the base and give it a few pulses for it to clear the gunk (smoke)
4. Take a 2mm silica wick, open the strands - there should be 6 strands. use 3 strands
5. Place 2-3 strands (less than equivalent) where the flavor which was

the above works Fine even if the coil is all gunky as long as the wick in the coil is not burned out. it takes 5 minutes.

Painter_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2013
In my happy place
I did my my first coil rebuilds tonight. I was in the same place as you, thinking it was over my head. I bought 3 foot of 30 gauge wire for 64 cents to play with. Wrapped it around a 1/16 drill put it on my ohm meter ( not the fancy ones that test screw in, just a plain old fluke meter) the first rang out to 1.9 and the second 2.2. put in some cotton with no flavor wicks. They provided a very satisfying vape.

It is very easy to do. Lots of videos to guide you.

Aviz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
SF E. Bay , CA
This is in my opinion the best youtube video on building Kangar heads. I did however made the following changes:
My changes: like I said before - I used 2mm for the coil wick and 2/3 of a mm for the flavor wick (2 "strands" out of six;I am insisting that its necessary).
The reason for the flavor wick is:
1. better surface contact area with the juice
2. gives you flexibility to add or remove a strand or two to adjust the wicking

The REASON you think it works better without is that Kangars craftsmanship is just horrible. see how they coil and you know who did it (subsistence workers). also, they use mahine oil on the wick to prevent it from fraying (enjoy). so ppl think that they "mod" is better than the original design.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEnkvrWY5ps

Correction: I used two strands (2/3 of a millimeter) for the flavor wick and two mm for the coil wick. for some reason it works better on the EVOD

happigrinz

Jan 17, 2014
Sandy Eggo, CA
I think 'flavor wicks' are really kinda optional, depending on how you have it built. I personally don't use flavor wicks, but that's cuz my coils are pretty large and barely fit in the head by themselves. When I tried to run a piece of cotton over the top, it greatly reduced my vapor production and choked wicking all together, so I don't even bother with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread