Status
Not open for further replies.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Kanger sub? Atlantes, smok VCT, Joytech Delta, and do you vape it on a regulated or unregulated device?

Me I prefer the smok VCT with dual coil head on a vapor shark rDNA 40 I think the Atlantes is just bla for flavor and the Kanger has flooding issues when I carry it at work I have a Scion quad coil at .2 ohms coming from Horizon Im pretty stoked about that.
Id like to here what the rest of you sub tank users think?

Dioxyde

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2011
Oregon
I have the original enormous subtank and it looks great and flush on my sigelei box mod with sleeve, it looks really awkward on a mech though due to diameter. Honestly I'd probably go for a mini if I didn't have the big one already, the juice capacity is amazing with the original but having to switch out the top cap with those tiny screws to go from occ to rba mode is really annoying, which you won't have to do with the mini, the mini also looks flush with a mech mod. As far as the nano I don't even see the point, it's just the mini with no RBA and less capacity as far as I know. Also noteworthy: the deck on the rba is TINY (even with the original), I don't even bother trying to do dual coils with it, but the vapor is really flavorful and warm and I've been using single coil builds with the RBA no problem. I love the vape in RBA mode on the original. On the mini, the airflow in RBA mode is much wider, I haven't tried it but theoretically this would increase vapor production but surely impact the flavor and warmth. As far as leaking I gave up trying to use anything at work besides my v4l and smokelessimage cigalikes with kanger t4s clearos, everything except that setup ends up leaking, flooding, or just generally being too much a pain in the ... to bother with while I'm on the clock. I also work in the public eye and need to look professional and don't want to blow giant plumes of vapor everywhere lol.

catalinaflyer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
FL 510 (Over The Top Baby)
Both my Atlantis and Kanger SubTank equally. I have two of each, run the stock .5 coils in the Atlanti and the 1.2's in the KST's. Each have there strong points and weak points, have had a very VERY minor amount of flooding on the KST's but usually associated with rapid changes in air pressure (altitude) but the flavor is off the hook. On the Atlanti the flavor isn't quite as good but the vapor is warmer however the capacity leaves a little to be desired. Back in the first week of January I was on an overnight operation in the dark (duh, overnight) fighting bad weather and hitting the Atlanti like a freight train (causing visibility issues inside the plane on top of the zero visibility outside) and didn't realize it ran dry till I choked on a dry hit. Thought the coil was a goner but filled it up and 2 to 3 hits later the foul taste was gone and that coil went on for another 3 weeks before I changed it.

Can't comment on the others, haven't even seen one in person. My overall vote would have to go to the Kanger based on personal experience.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Youde Goblin over everything you've mentioned. Flavor and airflow blow the rest out of the water.
Second place, Kanger Subtank mini. Lots of improvements over the full-size, and no leaking for me.

Regulated devices are probably the best choice, unless you build your own coils suitable for a mech.
Im gonna have to check out a Goblin but of course a RTA will always beat out a off the shelf Ill give the kanger mini a try also see if it works better than the big one for me. Maybe its just to much juice to not flood in the full size but I like it to just sit around and vape.

I use the SMOK VCT at work and no issues Im a Iron Worker so it gets banged around pretty good.

Last edited:

Dioxyde

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2011
Oregon
Youde Goblin over everything you've mentioned. Flavor and airflow blow the rest out of the water.
Second place, Kanger Subtank mini. Lots of improvements over the full-size, and no leaking for me.

Regulated devices are probably the best choice, unless you build your own coils suitable for a mech.

Damn looks like I need a new RTA already ><

JB69

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2014
Warner Robins, GA USA
I only have the OG (25mm) Subtank, so I cannot make any comparisons. That said, I've absolutely no complaints about it, and have not had any of the leaking issues some other folks have described.

I honestly do not have any desire to try the Atlantis or any of the manufacturers. I will probably buy one of the Subtank mini's though.

Dioxyde

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2011
Oregon
Another thing to note is that with the goblin or silverplay, you need a screwdriver with you to fill the tank and you also can't work on the deck without draining it, these things might get annoying after awhile. With any version of the subtank you won't have either of these problems. Subtank mini for the win.

Last edited:

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Scion Quad tank  1.jpg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvvB3FaUHzA&feature=player_detailpage

has anybody tried one of these?

Last edited:

Dioxyde

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2011
Oregon
I have an atlantis, it works great for me, but because I'm sitting here reading to much in this forum, now I really want to have KST mini...

Lol it's funny cuz that's totally how it works... I'm sitting here about to buy a goblin just because it looks sexy, even though I don't need it at all.

Never tried those horizon products buzzzlove, but the arctic clearo they just came out with is getting popular, and as always there are people saying it's the best thing ever. Pretty curious about them myself but being stuck with only using the disposable coils is a major bummer to me.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Lol it's funny cuz that's totally how it works... I'm sitting here about to buy a goblin just because it looks sexy, even though I don't need it at all.

This is pure blasphemy! how are you going to spend 1000nds of dollars on vape supplies with that attitude. Im really liking the disposable coils makes life EZ I save them when they are toast you can always rebuild them your self. I still use a good part of my vape arsenal from time to time so its not wasted. I just think That quad coil has to rock! But yes I buy stuff I dont need for sure!

Bjorhyn

Verified Member
Oct 20, 2014
Colorado
Im gonna have to check out a Goblin but of course a RTA will always beat out a off the shelf Ill give the kanger mini a try also see if it works better than the big one for me. Maybe its just to much juice to not flood in the full size but I like it to just sit around and vape.

I use the SMOK VCT at work and no issues Im a Iron Worker so it gets banged around pretty good.

I think your leak problem may stem from overfilling. When upside down, you want the juice level even with where the coil head rests when fully screwed in. Any higher and assembling it forces juice into the chimney.

If you happen to be using the RBA deck, though, I have no idea.
I prefer rebuilding the actual OCC coil.

Bjorhyn

Verified Member
Oct 20, 2014
Colorado
Another thing to note is that with the goblin or silverplay, you need a screwdriver with you to fill the tank and you also can't work on the deck without draining it, these things might get annoying after awhile. With any version of the subtank you won't have either of these problems. Subtank mini for the win.

This is an excellent point.
It's the only complaint I have with my current favorite RTA. I love my Lemos.

But frankly, after all the hatred I have for my Orchids, it's a small price to pay for an excellent vape.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
you can only fill the kanger so much I guess you could put the coil on the chimney over fill the carefully thread the deck on but that would be alot of trouble. I just wright it off as its a kanger and they always flood some models worse than others. I think they just dont hold up to bouncing around the occasional impact I put them threw.

I agree 100% I love my Kayfun V3 I got from Russia with a browser translator when they were unobtainable in the US Even though it took 3 days of back and fourth with Olga (True story) I have a V4 on the way. I also love my Ithaka and Ody with all of its NR Resistance wire aggravation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread