What the h....

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmcode

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
Barstow, CA
Wondering if I just lost an entire order of stuff......

Was waiting with 'bated breath for an update email from VividSmoke.com.....Ordered almost $100 worth of stuff from them, as I just couldn't seem to wait for my other $100 order from fasttech to slowcrawl its way through their system (order shows 'ready to ship' except for 1 dang item)....

Sooooo, I get my tracking number from VividSmoke, check USPS today, and it shows 'Out for Delivery' YAAAAAAA

Except, it is out for delivery in RANCHO MIRAGE..... How the heck is zip 92270 any-FREAKIN-WHERE-near 92311 ???
Bad enough I am stuck in the middle of freakin nowhere....now I'm stuck without my stuff.
DAMN YOU USPS!!!

Looks like I have to wait until monday to see if the vendor can figure out what happened.....

SirSteve

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2012
Northern Indiana
I had a similar thing happen, they sent something of mine to a nearby town that had a zip code close to mine and the town's name started with the same letter. Delayed my shipment either one or two days, I'm thinking one, but it has been awhile. I hope they get your order straightened out, really annoying when something you been waiting for takes the scenic route.

cmdebrecht

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
Seems like USPS tracking is a little wacky lately. Have seen all sorts of posts about packages showing up in completely different states altogether, then showing up the next day. If it's not late yet I wouldn't worry too much.

On the other hand, I sent a package that was supposed to arrive today but actually got there yesterday. Go figure.

ch2468

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2012
Ontario
ive had a package read as that online, and it actually was in my town and out for delivery, one of the sorters didnt scan it in when it arrived.

I recently had a package from USPS that got marked out for delivery, before it had even been picked up. It seems the person scanning the barcode for pickup mistakenly set his PDA to delivery. As a result, the package wasn't tracked at all.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
I sent out a bottle of liquid in a trade with USPS with tracking and notification to them it was liquid. It was lost for two weeks and after I went to post office twice it got delivered. The answers I got from my local post office both times regarding tracking was that it would show up at some point, did you insure it? If not insured, they don't care beyond looking up the tracking #, which I do myself.

D. Waterhouse

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
central WI USA
Should the USPS still be in business?

Yes they do a better job than ups or fedex at a lot lower price. If I get shipped something fedex it's guaranteed to be beat up and a 50% chance it's damaged in some way. The local ups driver throws my packages at me and runs off before i have a chance to call him on it. My mailman is at my door 6 days a week, always has a joke and is careful with my packages. I've had one damaged box of vapemail in 4 years and the contents were undamaged.

pmcode

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
Barstow, CA
I will say this is probably one of the only USPS weirdness I have had in quite a while. UPS/FedEx....we won't even go there.

I actually had a mis-delivered package a couple of weeks ago by the PO. When they realized they delivered to the wrong address, the lady went back, got it, and actually stayed at the PO until I got off work, and got to the office to pick it up from her (around 7pm that night). Can't say they didn't try their best to rectify that mistake.

Just sucks 'cause I wanted to play with my toys this weekend. Guess I have to be satisfied with the new Dodge Ram 2500 turbo diesel I bought today. :p

cmdebrecht

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
I sent out a bottle of liquid in a trade with USPS with tracking and notification to them it was liquid. It was lost for two weeks and after I went to post office twice it got delivered. The answers I got from my local post office both times regarding tracking was that it would show up at some point, did you insure it? If not insured, they don't care beyond looking up the tracking #, which I do myself.

Last week when I mailed packages they had replaced delivery confirmation with the tracking number. It includes $50 insurance.

Don't know how long USPS has been doing it this way but maybe there are still some kinks in the system?

Anyway my vote is still for USPS for most things. Never had anything lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread