The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

What to do with all this new found time?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by thedustwarrior, Sep 25, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. thedustwarrior

thedustwarrior Full Member

Sep 16, 2013
    los angeles
    So I have been a math guy this week, always calculating how much Nicotine and milligrams and such and how many clearomizers can be spread across how many weeks of vaping certain types of juice and stuff..... And it dawned on me, I suddenly have like an extra hour in my day, maybe even an hour and a half.

How? Cause I don't take analog breaks anymore. I wasn't a bazillion pack a day guy, maybe 10 on average and 15 on a heavy day. But within that range I probably devoted sole attention to the activity (like smoking outside) etc.... I figure at ten minutes a smoke time 8 or 9 I am at about an hour and a half of recovered time.

What to do..... what to do......

2. lsufan

lsufan Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 8, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I spend that extra time shopping for vaping equipment and juice!!!

3. redeyes24321

redeyes24321 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 17, 2013
    Colorado
    I gain the extra time not smoking... then lose an hour from fiddling, rebuilding, and DIY-ing.

4. tj99959

tj99959 ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Well it's kinda like all that extra cash you will have. Rest assured the wife will find a way to spend it!

I foresee longer honeydo lists in your future. :lol:

5. Vapoor eyes er

Vapoor eyes er ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Sep 13, 2011
    Toronto, Ont.
    I found myself getting back into sports and taking up hobbies again. The wonderful thing was once I got involved in a project vaping took a backseat and many times I found myself not having a vape for hours at a time.

6. duby1622

duby1622 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 24, 2013
    United States
    I have not had too much free time. Even though i am not smoking analogs, i am only a week into vaping and still in the process of quitting. To help me quit, i have been trying to keep my routine by going outside to vape. I get some fresh air, get a couple minutes of alone time, and maybe play a game on my phone. Also, if i don't take smoke breaks at work, i get no breaks at all...

When i start to break my routine as well as my analog habit, i will probably be spending all the new time here on these forums, and hopefully getting into some of the DIY stuff.

7. thedustwarrior

Sep 16, 2013
    los angeles
    I find I am getting a lot more exercise in during the day for one thing. I'm already behind on my honey do list, but now when I smile my way out of it, my teeth are whiter.

8. Vapoor eyes er

Vapoor eyes er ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Sep 13, 2011
    Toronto, Ont.
    LOLLLLLLL I always find my laugh of the day here at ECF and I thank you for this :thumbs:

9. thedustwarrior

Sep 16, 2013
    los angeles
    Duby1622, I kind of accidentally switched without blending the two. I ran out of analogs one afternoon a week ago and two hours later my Halo Triton kit showed up. Five hours later I took my first real vape and never looked back. Good luck with the switch!!!

10. CommaHolly

CommaHolly Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2012
    Plant City, FL
    why else do you think we're all HERE???????????? :lol:

11. Limner

Limner Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 13, 2013
    Western USA
    I reached my break-even point financially about a week ago. Time? Completely different story.

Four or five pages of ECF forum pages a couple times each day ain't no quick reading. Wednesdays are those 2 hour VapeTeam episodes, and then there's the stray video from Busardo, Dimitri, GrimGreen, et.al. Reminds me of my college days -- pulling an all-nighter semi regularly.

More seriously, I'm doing a lot more walking each day, and without getting winded.

12. thedustwarrior

Sep 16, 2013
    los angeles
    Yeah. I am enjoying getting my wind back. Miss it. .......** Phillip Morris.

13. wharr

wharr Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 6, 2013
    Canton, Ga, USA
    I spend my non smoking time surfing ECF.

Man I need a life :facepalm:

14. FaustKnight

FaustKnight Full Member Verified Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Use that time to put in some OT so you can afford mod after mod after mod.

15. HauntedMyst

HauntedMyst Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 18, 2013
    Chicago
    I'm with you red! Now add another hour of searching stainless things even with no intent to buy and vaping consumes more time than smoking.

To tell the truth, the only thing I miss about smoking is the time spent outside. I can vape indoors so I don't make it a priority to just go out and appreciate the day in silence. I have to do that with vaping more.

16. Oakland77

Oakland77 Full Member

Sep 20, 2013
    Bay Area CA
    my thoughts exactly

17. Limner

Limner Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 13, 2013
    Western USA
    As a non-smoker, you've achieved a good portion of that ambition. Kudos.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.