What to expect once you get your Vamo V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpinDr480

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I just got my Vamo V2 in my vape mail yesterday and loving it. The only problem I am having now is that I can't see the television because the plumes of vapor smoke is covering my living room.

In any event, now that I have this device I want to get the most out of it but also make sure it lasts. I have a few questions in an effort to do so.

First off, I know several of you have had the Vamo for over 6 months and many also have a back-up. I have spent so much on stuff in my first month of vaping, I am hoping to hold out on getting a back-up Vamo. In any event, has your Vamo been durable enough to last most of you longer than 6 months? The same goes for the batteries, I have two 18650s (Panasonic) and two 18350s (Efest). Has there been any issues with them no longer holding a charge or going bad quickly?

As for my biggest concerns of the Vamo is ensuring the center pin doesn't push down, as I tend to switch tanks several times during the day. My first eGo was ruined by the center pin getting pushed too far down and I have been unable to get it pushed up anymore. What are the best ways to protect this? I have been making sure I don't tighten my connectors that tight, but some tanks like the ProTank feel wobbly if I don't tighten it a little more than I am comfortable with. In addition to the center piece, what other parts have been known to have issues breaking easily? The fire button and the spring for the battery seem to be the other two fragile parts that could break over time.

In any event, just looking for overall ideas/tip to make my Vamo last as long as I can.

Cheers

Note: I have the SS model, so the wear/tear of paint rubbing off won't be an issue for me like others have posted on here.

Dana G Birrell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
A, A
I have had my VAMO for 2-3 months now and being slightly clumsy, I've dropped it more often than I should have. Two weeks ago when I dropped it, the center pin got pushed in and I had to pry it up and line the underside with electrical tape as it was shorting out.

Over the past week, I've dropped it three times. The first time made my atomizers slightly loose when I put them on. The second time, they would pop off of threads, and the latest time, stripped the threads completely.

I liked this device, even though it won't fire under 1.7 ohms, but I need something a lot more durable as I work in a kitchen and I can't be expected to not drop this thing.

JR 137

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Albany, NY, USA
I have had my VAMO for 2-3 months now and being slightly clumsy, I've dropped it more often than I should have. Two weeks ago when I dropped it, the center pin got pushed in and I had to pry it up and line the underside with electrical tape as it was shorting out.

Over the past week, I've dropped it three times. The first time made my atomizers slightly loose when I put them on. The second time, they would pop off of threads, and the latest time, stripped the threads completely.

I liked this device, even though it won't fire under 1.7 ohms, but I need something a lot more durable as I work in a kitchen and I can't be expected to not drop this thing.

Maybe wrap it up in bubble wrap?

donesmokin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2011
NE Oregon
As you can see I have quite a few devices so I don't use the Vamo exclusively. In fact it rarely leaves the house so I'm probably not the example you looking for. I've had it for almost 7 months and use stacked Efest 18350's. The only problem I had with one set of batteries was because of a cheap charger. It ruined them by not shutting off at full charge. I tend to use a 510/510 adapter for more air flow with my carto tanks which may protect the threads and center pin a bit. Out and about I have a 1 1/2 year old custom VV box mod (the black one in the middle) on a short lanyard so I guess I'm not TOO hard on equipment. I'd say the Vamo seems as durable as any other mod I have and since I can get another one for $31 at FT I'm not to worried about it. YMMV

CAM00093.jpg

Last edited:

SpinDr480

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
As you can see I have quite a few devices so I don't use the Vamo exclusively. In fact it rarely leaves the house so I'm probably not the example you looking for. I've had it for almost 7 months and use stacked Efest 18350's. The only problem I had with one set of batteries was because of a cheap charger. It ruined them by not shutting off at full charge. I tend to use a 510/510 adapter for more air flow with my carto tanks which may protect the threads and center pin a bit. Out and about I have a 1 1/2 year old custom VV box mod (the black one in the middle) on a short lanyard so I guess I'm not TOO hard on equipment. I'd say the Vamo seems as durable as any other mod I have and since I can get another one for $31 at FT I'm not to worried about it. YMMV

View attachment 226941

Holy MOD Batman...That is quite the collection! Where do you find a 510/510 adapter?

Dioxyde

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2011
Oregon
The first time I knocked my Vamo over (month and a half ago) the negative button lost a little bit of its click. Since then I have knocked it over countless times, even dropped it a few times. Last week while walking to my gf's car from a restaurant I dropped it and literally kicked it in mid-air from the sidewalk out into the street. It has a few scuffs but still works great.

Here's what you need to make sure you never over tighten and push down the center pin:

ego Ring

This will also help your tanks stay on straight instead of wobbling, it really stabilizes the device.

Last edited:

xbassman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
Tulsa, OK. USA
got my first Vamo in December.
Both that one and the SS model I got later work great.

My older one the screen looks a little off, but it works well.

On to batteries,
I got 4 18350's in December. 2 AW's and 2 Efest.
The AW's have performed consistently better and now one of my Efest appears to be biting the dust.
After sitting idle a couple of weeks it lost a lot of charge and only ran for 20 minutes before my Vamo shut off due to lowV.
I don't think I'll be buying any more of those.....

Coiso

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2011
Portugal
Same here, I've been using 2 AW and 4 Efest all 18350 and, the AW are way better. They keep the 4.2V even if i left them one day sitting still, and work all the way to 3.3V with no issues.

I've got two vamos and the first one with an igo-S and is way out center pin, wrecked my center pin rubber, I've tried one CE4 center pin rubber since they're so tough, but the pin was way up for me.

Got messing around with my old material and found that the center pin rubber of the 306 attys is perfect for the job so i pulled out carefully the vamo center pin and put the 306 center pin rubber in. Then put the rubber in place where the older one was and gently put the pin in position, voilá everything works great again. My second one and the one i've been using more is still with is original rubber but if anything happens, i just have to do the same. Still after comparing the two of them i prefer the SS version, not so heavy, and it seems that the threads are more durable.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
In any event, has your Vamo been durable enough to last most of you longer than 6 months?

I have two Vamos - both chrome. Both over 7 months old. I have used the first one I bought heavily since I bought it. I've also dropped it, and sent it flying off a table so that the vivi nova attached to it ended up jammed on sideways. Both the Vamo and the vivi were fine. The second Vamo was bought as a back up but has not been used much because the first one has just kept on performing so well.
My advice - don't jam attachments on or over-tighten them. I haven't and the threads on my Vamo - chrome remember - are fine.

oldjoe

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2011
Il.
My Vam0 2 lasted about 3 months, it just gave up, of light use. The finish is poor quality and my hands smell like copper when using it but it was a very good device while it worked. I already have a stock of batteries so I will be getting another when my preferred vendor restocks them. Considering going with Stainless this time to avoid the finish issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread