What was your first purchase after discovering vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maligator

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2013
Liberal Hell, MA
So I just started vaping a few weeks ago after being sick of dipping like it was my job for years and my wife wanting to kick the analogues. We started with a pair of Blu starter kits. She is totally satisfied with it and plans on staying with Blu as it does everything she wants. Plus, shes not into gadgets and anything remotely complicated.

Me... I got sick of the Blu's fast and found this site. Game, set, match...

Straight away I've ordered an eVic, several clearomizers and some nano clearomizers to start out with along with various juices.

I'm wondering what most of you guys and gals ordered as you started out vaping and do you think you've gotten crazy with it?

I too, started with a Blu kit. Paid too much for it, the refills were to expensive, but it opened the door. I started refilling Blu cartomizers, but still hated the poor battery performance so I ordered a Joye 510 and played with it for a couple of weeks. Then I accidentally stumbled onto the neatest product that really got the ball rolling: the $14.95 clearomizer blister pak. Included a Stardust style clearomizer, a 650 mah battery and a charger. What made it slick was the variable voltage battery - three different settings by punching the fire button three times. vaping was getting better now! I followed that with an Ego CTwist and a few I Clear 16 Clearos. At about the same time, I ordered PG, VG, Nic and flavors and started brewing my juice. Last week, I fired off an order for a Vamo kit with a couple of Vivi Nova tanks. All this in a matter of 60 days or so. But, I have been tobacco free for a month and I can actually breath again, plus I'm saving about a hundred and fifty bucks a month on analogs.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
So I just started vaping a few weeks ago after being sick of dipping like it was my job for years and my wife wanting to kick the analogues. We started with a pair of Blu starter kits. She is totally satisfied with it and plans on staying with Blu as it does everything she wants. Plus, shes not into gadgets and anything remotely complicated.

Me... I got sick of the Blu's fast and found this site. Game, set, match...

Straight away I've ordered an eVic, several clearomizers and some nano clearomizers to start out with along with various juices.

I'm wondering what most of you guys and gals ordered as you started out vaping and do you think you've gotten crazy with it?

I ordered an evic soon after I got over the twist phenomenon. I have three evics now, and use them in my rotation. Be careful with them. Anongst the most delicate of any APV's on the market. I just resoldered two of mine back together because the heads popped off and tore out the leads. they now work just fine, but they will not survive a big fall with a heavy topper. I lost two that way. Fortunately, they're easy to fix if you can solder a wire.

Vash

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2012
ethervapes.com
A kit from a lcal B&M that just never worked right.It did however start me on learning about what else was out there and lead me to ECF.I didnt actually join for almost year but since then have gone from a kit that was horrible to many different devices and making my own juice :) So thank you bad kit for helping me out on my vaping journey!

notawoman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2012
Las Vegas
Started like you but with south beach smoke. Took 10 seconds for a barely satisfied hit. Moved on up to ego twists with vivi nova and 510 atomizers. Then I got a vv box mod, then an eroll. Wanted something nicer, bought a provari mini still love it. Now I'm into mechanical mods and rebuildable dripping atomizers.

MalibuSunset

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
ca
started with green smart living, menthol moved on to an ego battery, clearomizer, evod & the protank.........i like halo menthols, serendipity from ivape and cotton candy from mr vape all in 6mg nic so far ...........im stocking up !!!! never know when the zombies will want to take over :)
good luck and happy vaping !!!

curisu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2013
San Francisco
I heard about e-cigs, probably from a blog post somewhere, and headed down to my local tobaccanist for a look at my options. Hated what i saw and they were charging $100 for a blu starter kit.

A quick google search later, i fall down the ECF rabbit hole, and immediately decide on an eVic with Siam mod tubes. An hour later, i have an order in for a blem Provari V2 (who wants to deal with fiddly electronics, and i really didn't care to track how many vape hits i took). I head out the same day to the nearest vape shop and i fall in love with the Zmax V3 flattop. I promptly buy it and just about every type of clearomizer they had in stock, and a handful of pretty nice (to my untested, still analog-handicapped palate) e-juices.

I read about cartomizers and tanks, and order an IBTanked setup with 20 or so cartos. After flooding and burning 5 or more in a row, I throw in the towel. Just not my bag.

So far, I'm $500 into the game, not bad considering that's what some folks I know spend on cigarettes a month.

Then, i discover the world of genesis rebuildables. I promptly drop another $200 on a pair of RSST RBAs, an AGA-T2, a Terminator R/A, coils of 28-32g kanthal wire, 28 and 30g NR wire, tons of stainless steel mesh screens, and all the odds and ends needed to keep them running well.

Well, crap, i'm nigh on $1k (after a dozen+ orders of various juices from the vendors on this site).

And it's then, that i discover a couple of notorious threads:
High-End Mechanicals Chat, Tips, and Pics,
New Projects by Atmomixani, and
GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, GP Piccolo and more.

I dove head-first into the world of mechanicals and all the nuance that comes from simplifying the APV down to a beautifully machined battery tube. In the last 2 weeks I've order a Atmizoo Dingo, 2 Atmomixani Nemesis (Nemeses?), 2 GP Paps Luxes, a Deesmod, 3 Kayfun Lites, and a Vapinaze AC9.

If my wife ever finds out how much I spent on this lifestyle choice it would be doubtful if anyone would find the body.

This forum is dangerous... to the bank account. I rationalize it by weighing the fact that I will be saving my family and the healthcare system hundreds of thousands of dollars in the long run, as well as the emotional cost of the health deterioration due to a my (no-longer ongoing) 20-year smoking habit.

What's $3k versus that? :evil:

Last edited:

fireandforce

Jul 11, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I actually got interested when my friend ordered a V2 kit. I worked in a studio where the studio owner was vaping all the time. My interest got me to buy an ego starter kit (standard one with the one clearomizer and the AWFUL usb charger). After that, I was hooked. I bought a bunch of juice, a t3, some cartomizers. Once I found out about VV/VW mods and the difference, I researched a bunch and decided to buy the SiD from Smoktech. I've been vaping that with a few dual coil tanks, a protank, and a standard res 510 atomizer. I just ordered my first mechanical mod (k100) and a genesis style rebuildable to try and move into more advanced stuff.

Maligator

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2013
Liberal Hell, MA
I heard about e-cigs, probably from a blog post somewhere, and headed down to my local tobaccanist for a look at my options. Hated what i saw and they were charging $100 for a blu starter kit.

A quick google search later, i fall down the ECF rabbit hole, and immediately decide on an eVic with Siam mod tubes. An hour later, i have an order in for a blem Provari V2 (who wants to deal with fiddly electronics, and i really didn't care to track how many vape hits i took). I head out the same day to the nearest vape shop and i fall in love with the Zmax V3 flattop. I promptly buy it and just about every type of clearomizer they had in stock, and a handful of pretty nice (to my untested, still analog-handicapped palate) e-juices.

I read about cartomizers and tanks, and order an IBTanked setup with 20 or so cartos. After flooding and burning 5 or more in a row, I throw in the towel. Just not my bag.

So far, I'm $500 into the game, not bad considering that's what some folks I know spend on cigarettes a month.

Then, i discover the world of genesis rebuildables. I promptly drop another $200 on a pair of RSST RBAs, an AGA-T2, a Terminator R/A, coils of 28-32g kanthal wire, 28 and 30g NR wire, tons of stainless steel mesh screens, and all the odds and ends needed to keep them running well.

Well, crap, i'm nigh on $1k (after a dozen+ orders of various juices from the vendors on this site).

And it's then, that i discover a couple of notorious threads:
High-End Mechanicals Chat, Tips, and Pics,
New Projects by Atmomixani, and
GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, GP Piccolo and more.

I dove head-first into the world of mechanicals and all the nuance that comes from simplifying the APV down to a beautifully machined battery tube. In the last 2 weeks I've order a Atmizoo Dingo, 2 Atmomixani Nemesis (Nemeses?), 2 GP Paps Luxes, a Deesmod, 3 Kayfun Lites, and a Vapinaze AC9.

If my wife ever finds out how much I spent on this lifestyle choice it would be doubtful if anyone would find the body.

This forum is dangerous... to the bank account. I rationalize it by weighing the fact that I will be saving my family and the healthcare system hundreds of thousands of dollars in the long run, as well as the emotional cost of the health deterioration due to a my (no-longer ongoing) 20-year smoking habit.

What's $3k versus that? :evil:

Sounds like you are a lot like me when it comes to something... all in or nothing! It must be nice to be in SF as I bet there are a ton of B&M stores around. Not so much around here in MA so I pretty much have to wait on the mail man for everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread