What was your progression like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamlenb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2013
Seattle, Washington
Quit June 29th 2013. Did my research within a week had an iTaste VV v3 and eVic or three with an array of cheap cartos, an iClear16, and some CE2 Cartos. Bought a tank to put em in. By July I had a KTS with an EHPro EA coop buy on the way, an AGI and IGO, the iTaste VVv3 died a noble death by falling. Had Killer/Divers the next month, an Amp Tank, and discovered the AGA T, and the joy of SS Wire. By September, I had my mech and dripper builds dialed in at around 1.2 ohms cotton, and my eVics began to behead themselves; soldering and epoxy kept them going. October, I bought DIY juice supplies, a KF2.1 clone the Dream BT804. A Fogger v2. Vertical micro coils with cotton and tinkering kept me from spending too much, learned about different coils and sub ohms. Nov brought me Sony VTC4 30a batts, and I hit .5 ohms on drippers, with max VG DIY mixes. Delicious home made clouds! For Christmas, my last eVic died. I was hoping they were not made of paper mache, a well... And I made me a Happy New Year MVDNA20d, MVP evolvd in Jan. Still working on it.

There's a VTR, a KayFun Clone and an Aqua Clone coming, by this weekend. Thats where I'll be, vaping custom made juice on awesome gear. If only the Taifun Clone was in stock. Now I'm thinking about a Home Depot copper pipe mechanical with a magnetic switch, I've got some ideas from Breaktru to build one of my own.

Edited: and again!

Last edited:

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Near Atlanta, Georgia, US of A
What was your PV progression like? I'm still new to Vaping, so I don't have much under my belt. My progression went from itastevv with a no name clearo, to an ego CTwist with an EVOD tank, to my new MVP2 Mod. I am loving it so far!

How about you?

Very similar to you!

I started with a 510 , automatic starter kit from vapor4life.com back in 2010. I used it for 2 months, until the pre-filled cartos ran out, and never used it again.

Then, I started vaping again back in May of last year. I started again with 2 ego-twists, and an evod. I ordered a kanger pro tank a few weeks later.

I used the ego twists w/ evod and kanger pro tank for 5+ months before moving on, as they worked so well.

Now, I use an MVP2, with one of my ego twists for backup (the other one broke). I use the following delivery devices:

Kanger Pro tank
Kanger Pro tank 2 w/ adapter for aspire BDC coils
2 IBTanked carto tanks
Evod (hardly gets any use)
Aspire BDC
Smoktech Aro (hardly gets any use)(

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
started with a vamo. next up is a couple mechs, a reo and a dna mod.

wife started with an mvp. next up - provarinati.

started with igo-l, protank and vivi-nova. now rocking igo-w by youde and his and hers ibtanked. soon to be rocking lots of rebuildables and carto tanks.

**** got serious from the get around here.

zero7starz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 10, 2009
    Gosh lets seeee.... My first PV was a 901 pen style I got from totally wicked in 09. Then shortly after I got a M403 which was a m401 with a smaller battery. Those didn't work well at all and I have up for a few years.
    Then back beginning of last year I got some KR808s or something from Smokeless Image and those got me back into vaping.
    After those started loosing their appeal I got a provari and a bunch of Vivi style tanks. Didn't like the way the provari Vaped so I sold it and bought a SID.
    Followed by my first Kanger ego set up that goes with me in the car.
    And finally this month brought Ana eVic into the family and it's just all love now. :)

Bosco

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2012
    San Antonio
    I started out with blu disposables. They were good enough to help me cut down on smoking but not quit. They were also expensive. I think I used them for about a week or maybe 2 before I switched to an ego-twist and Kanger t2 clearos. I stayed with the ego-twists for about a year went from Kanger T2 to Vivi Mini Novas to Kanger Evods.

I also played with other stuff during that year - I got a cheap mech, some clone rba's, cisco spec dripping atties, etc, etc, but my day-in, day-out set up was ego-twists and clearos.

Only recently I started getting into rebuildables to the point where they are now my primary vape. I got a Kayfun lite + which really sparked the transition. The flavor is so awesome and it's so easy to build that it's all I want to use now. It looks pretty stupid on an ego so now I just use my mechs . .sometimes with a kick2 and sometimes not. I am looking to get a dna 30 mod like the vapor shark or opus d in the next few months.

Topacka

ECF Veteran
    Jan 8, 2014
    Seattle
    Cig-a-like bought from a mall stand... That didn't work, so a year or so later I quit smoking again with a small ego battery with a standard stardust atty. I immediately bought a vision spinner and a 6ml carto tank which I was very happy with for a couple months, but I just moved on to mechs and rebuildables and am quite happy there.

Cliven

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 18, 2013
    UT
    The wife and I started with V2 batts and prefilled carts to V2 passthroughs and their 'tanks'. Month 2, we got Provaris. Month 3, we got REO's. Now, to the day, we are 6 months free, 5 REO's later and Making our own juice! We've got enough diy supplies to last several years and the REO's are all we want and need. Life is GREAT!

onebadtwo

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 8, 2014
    Jacksonville FL
    I started with a knockoff twist battery with a crappy disposable clearo. I quickly replaced the disposable clearo with an Aspire BDC. I then replaced the twist style battery with a MVP2 and added a few more clearos (mostly BDC's). Now I really want to grab a Nautilus. Eventually I want to get myself into building coils and playing with a mech mod... The coils and mech will probably come before the Nautilus though...
    Curt

WillyZee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 23, 2013
    Toronto
    I went Blu in Aug 2013 and knew I could quit smoking ... eVic on Sept 22, 2013 and quit smoking ... Nov 2013 went DIY eJuice ... last week Provari and IBTanked.

I am totally there :cool:

eVicProvari.jpg

olcottkid

Jan 19, 2014
    New York
    Eagle e-cig and didn't last a day not smoking cigs. January 12th was my last cig after buying a vision e-fire. I continued to do a lot of reading on the forum and read reviews about the provari while using my e-fire. The price of the provari was shocking but my thought was if I go 2 weeks without smoking I would treat myself to the Provari. Well here I am...cig free with a new provari and Aspire Nautilus tank. I am so happy:thumb: I did it because i think I would have just spent 80$ numerous times on new mods til I reached the provari. I will say the Aspire Nautilus tank is awesome and many veteran vapors are jealous of my set-up. From what i see there is a lot of junk out there and remember if you do choose to buy a provari it is US made and if it ever did break they fix it. I don't know how long it would take for a mod to be fixed if it had to be sent out of the country. I am not saying there is not other products out there that are very good, maybe better but this has worked for me!!!!

pipster

ECF Veteran
    EVOD starter kit w/ evods, added Ego C twist and PT2 mini, added 2 ITVV3's that came with Iclear 16's, bought more EVOD clearos and 16's.. have a heap of both, which are scattered all over the house.. (messy vaper).. now i'm looking at the MVP2.. just wish I had better clearo ideas.. not ready for carto tanks.. not really thinking dripping is for me either. Kind of at a semi happy standstill. Clearos really are from the Flintstone era as of yet.. And yes, i'm including the PT2 mini in that description.
    I hate that everything requires tinkering. I just want to fill it, vape it, refill it. 1-800-waah...i know.

hazarada

ECF Veteran
    Jan 18, 2013
    buttville
    First i got some really cheap and weird looking thing from a local store with a 650mah battery and a proprietary clearo on top. Took me around a week to break it, at which point I did some exploratory surgery to learn its secrets!
    Next up i bought a CE4 clearo and hooked it up to a stationary psu at home and a mobile contraption built out of the bits of the broken battery on the go.
    Then i ordered a vivi nova and was much pleased with the improved performance. A little while later i got some wich and wire to rebuild the heads.
    It was around this time i started self mixing juice, 5 cents/ml is much cheaper than the 80 cents/ml the local stores charge.
    Then i got myself a vamo which i found to be much more convenient then messing around with duct tape.
    Then i got some more wire, mesh, aga T2 and a rsst. Fell in love with the rsst and sometimes use the vamo+rsst combination to this day.
    The resit is a bit of a blur, got a variety of batteries and toppers, most of them are now just decorating my vaping shelf.
    Fun fact is that i've never owned an eGo battery.
    Along the way ive prototyped some of my own attys and vv circuits, i think im getting close to building the pipe mod of my dreams!

PhreakySTS9

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 26, 2011
    Shayol Ghul, The Great Blight
    October 11, 2010 - My first genuine Joyetech 510 manual button kit came in the mail, black with blue LED
    Summer of 2011 - My 510 batteries finally gave out (and the charger cord literally exploded when I plugged it in, there was this huge pop, and a BRIGHT purple spark the size of a quarter, one of the scariest things that's ever happened to me, no fire or anything but still....)
    2012 - Start getting into PV's, I first got a black 14500 box mod from Mad Vapes, then a Lava Tube. Then a Provari, P+, GGTB, etc. and RBAs (4 phoenix clones, a DID, DID clone, Cobra(favorite genny), Penelope and Odysseus drip mode)
    January 9, 2013 - Lost everything but the Penelope in a house fire (actually found it afterwards, couldn't fricking believe it)
    Early 2013 - Got a Kayfun mini, Gus Telescopic, then a GGTStealth (Stealth + extensions to turn it into a GGTS with a Stealth cap), I sold the Kayfun and Gus, and later bought an HC Mert 14650 (all stainless with an extra brass tube). So I have the GG, Penelope and Mert, but I also have an RSST and a Smoke RDA which I never use (STILL haven't ordered SS mesh yet, had it for almost a year)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread