How have you progressed since you started vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skel_98

Verified Member
Oct 9, 2011
Alvarado, Texas
On 10/06/2011, as an anniversary gift from my Wife, I received my firt cig alike. Last analog was 7 days later (like you Oct 12, but in 2011). Trundled along with these until 2012, when I built my first "Puck". A three AA battery job with a 510 cartomizer. Upgraded to ego clones that summer, and a couple more different "Pucks" (last one 2 weeks ago). Then last week, I bought my first vv/vw (MVP 2.0). Man, it is sweet.

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
I started with Blu, went to Provari with Protank 2s, then carto tanks. I got a dripper to go on the Provari and it opened my eyes to more flavor. Early on I saw the Kayfun's but was afraid of building my own coils. Finally I decided go for it, bought a Kayfun and haven't looked back. I now have RTAs, RDAs (the Kayfun is retired and replaced by the Elrkonigen), and DIY too. I also have a REO and a DNA 30. I feel like I've become self sufficient. I haven't decided on my next acquisition. After 18 months, I'm happy enough that I can take my time deciding what's next - but I'm always looking. LOL.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
My brother is the one that did all the research (including discovering ECF). I had always thought that, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. But, my brother was determined and researched it to death.

We started with an eGo-T in February 2011. Then a 510 for more TH. Then 510 cartos. Then the 306. That's where we stopped for a long time. My brother has only recently started experimenting again. But, I became dissatisfied with a couple of bad batches of 306 atties back in the fall of 2011 and started experimenting on my own for the first time.

I tried 808s, 801s, 901s, CE4s, and carto-tanks first. I had bad luck with carto-tanks at first because the first ones I bought came with 3-hole cartos which absolutely do not work well with high PG juice. But, I eventually figured it out, and carto-tanks are the main thing I use now.

I've only recently started building my own coils. Vapocalypse is part of it. But, I'm also sick of poor QC with premade stuff. I'll still use carto-tanks (among other RBAs). I just bought my first Sophia, hopefully the first of many.

A few stick batteries, especially at first (510, 801, and 808). But, mostly eGos. It was probably 2 years before I tried VV. Stil eGo VV though. I did finally get a VV mod, an SID. I hated it. Built cheap.

Now, I have Provaris, REOs, and a Billet Box. I just got sick of cheap trash that I always had to fight. Lots of RBAs, that I'm getting better at building on. The future looks bright.

jbok

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2014
Virginia
I started out with a spinner and a pro tank. I thought that the battery life sucked as well as vapor production. I moved onto an itaste vv and hated it. I was trying to buy an MVP but my wife was not supportive at all so while doing further research I discover mechs and drippers. Somewhere in there I bought a sig 100w and was hooked. I dumped all my mechs and RDA and with VW and RBAs and now I'm in vape heaven. As a matter of fact all this started April 15th 2014 so my anniversary is just around the corner.

newplague

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2010
Oregon
Started my vaping journey dripping on Joye ciga-like 510 batteries and atties in March 2010. Kicked the smokes to the curb in a week. A couple months later moved to a BB from altsmoke (14500 mod). Around the end of the year I bought an Ali'i from R&R Manufacturing and my love of bottom feeders started. May of 2011 I switched to a Reo Grand and haven't looked back. Currently using a silver vein LP/SL Reo Grand w/ a Chalice III on top. 5 years flies by.

aznnp77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2014
Virginia
Pair of Kgo 1100mah stick batteries with EVOD tanks that came in a kit last June 2014.

Within a month I switched to Kanger T3s and Mini Protank2 with an Innokin MVP2 and a generic ego twist battery for secondary flavors. During this period I also learned how to rebuild kanger coils and discontinued using the T3s because the plastic would crack with certain juices.

In September I switched an iStick 20w. In October I got my first RBA (EhPro KFL+ v2).

In January I got my iStick 30w.

I'm awaiting the shipment of a Kanger Subtank mini and my first dripper (Mutation X v3).

I never tried cigalikes. I read how long they would last and how much they cost. At $6 each I probably would have spent twice as much as I did on cigarettes and still not been satisfied enough to make the switch.

I've ended up spending over $1000 on various batteries, tanks, and a ton of wasted money on e-juice flavors I didn't like, but it's been worth it. In about 3 months I'll finally have saved money from quitting smoking.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
January 2, 2015 - started with blu Plus and quit smoking
February 18, 2015 - switched to Halo Triton
Approximately March 1, 2015 - switched to iStick 50 and Protank 3
About a week later got a iStick 30 and switched to Nautilus Mini
About April 6, 2015 - started using Subtank Mini
April 8 - received Vapor Flask v3 clone
April 11 - picked up SX Mini Class M and started using Atlantis
April 13 - received IPV Mini 2 and eGo One (not sure if I will get around to using the eGo One)
Still waiting for - Vapor Shark rDNA 40

Yes, I'm addicted to buying gear.

mupuinen

Feb 8, 2012
Finland
Started with 510 automatic battery with cartridges and low rez atomizer. That was three years ago. After few weeks,I got frustrated and bought an eGo 900mAh battery, Boge low rez cartomizers and a DCT-tank. I used the cartomizers and DCTs until last moth, when my Aspire Nautilus arrived. After that I had to upgrade my battery, so I bought Eleaf iStick 30w.

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
I progressed then regressed

Tested a Blu on 6/18/13 and knew I could make it work
Spinners and evods on 6/21/13
SID/ZMax/Vamo and protanks in Aug 13
PT2s as soon as they came out
K100 + IGO-L in Oct 13
Kayfuns sometime in early 14
Assorted drippers through 14

Got lazy and bought some genitanks and the more expensive twin aerotanks early this year along with some istick 30's.

Drippers and Kayfuns gathering dust. Not because they aren't great performers. I just find life too easy sticking a dual coil kanger head in once every 10 days or so and vaping in the 7w range. I'm not a cloud or flavor chaser. I get plenty of flavor with zero maintenance required with my aero/geni's. Going through less than $5/mo in replacement coils doesn't motivate me to build anymore. But I'm definitely glad i have a drawer full of stuff I can build on in case things don't go so well with regs.

Puff2K

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2015
USA
In February I ordered my MVP 20w and protanks and coils (a sort of starter kit) and then the box sat on my kitchen floor for over a week because I had no idea what to do with these mysterious and confounding things.

I decided I'd better try watching some videos and by some miracle I discovered how to fill the protank and screw in the coil and screw it onto the MVP. Then, nothing. No vapor and I had no idea why. Found out I had to press the fire button. Still no vapor. Found out I had to charge it. :D lol!

So later that day, I took the MVP off the charger, took my first victorious vape and I was in heaven.

Since then bought an istick 30, gs Air tanks, Nautilus tank, and a second MVP 20w. And a lot of juice!!!!! Still working on quitting the analogs for good.

dhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2014
Georgia
Started August 2014 with a 650mah ego-t kit. Then the battery upgrades started - another 650mah -> 1100mah -> 1300mah -> 1600mah, then an MVP v2, then an IPV mini, now an iStick 50. The tanks went CE4 -> EVOD2 (4) -> Genitank/Aerotanks (2 of each) -> Kayfun Lite+ (8 now) -> Subtank mini (2 now). The Kayfuns and the Subtanks are in use, along with the IPV mini and iStick 50. The rest is gathering dust.

AndrewH

Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
I've evolved quite a bit, though pretty slowly I suppose.

September 1st 2012 - Got my Greensmoke kit in the mail, last day I smoked an analog

June - August 2013 can't remember exactly when but I switched to Halo cigs so I could start refilling my own cartridges

February 2014 - Bought a Joyetech Ecom and actually still use it at work though I use a Provari Classic 2015 w/ Nautilus tank at home

No regrets here, I'm not a cloud chaser or anything and I only vape one flavor of juice, it started as Puresmoker Minthia and when they closed up shop I started ordering Put em on Ice from their new store. Unfortunately it's $19 for 30 ml so I'm thinking about trying to find a similar flavor but at a lower price point.

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
In February I ordered my MVP 20w and protanks and coils (a sort of starter kit) and then the box sat on my kitchen floor for over a week because I had no idea what to do with these mysterious and confounding things.

I decided I'd better try watching some videos and by some miracle I discovered how to fill the protank and screw in the coil and screw it onto the MVP. Then, nothing. No vapor and I had no idea why. Found out I had to press the fire button. Still no vapor. Found out I had to charge it. :D lol!

So later that day, I took the MVP off the charger, took my first victorious vape and I was in heaven.

Since then bought an istick 30, gs Air tanks, Nautilus tank, and a second MVP 20w. And a lot of juice!!!!! Still working on quitting the analogs for good.

I loved reading this, I'm sure it happens a lot, I know it happened to me but on a smaller scale, it can be very overwhelming at first that's for sure. Old school vapers had the learning curve where as these days with the new tech, it's very different..kind of jumping in head first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread