what would the mg/ml content be for 15% nicotine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zach904

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2014
Jax, Fl
Lol, the guy is in the mathematics field and is actually pretty smart. But I think he got his information from a foreign guy who owns a kiosk in our local mall and is selling fake "authentic" Nemesis clones for over 200 bucks.
So I think I understand... there are 1000mg per ml? So 150mg per ml makes 150/1000=15% And for him to be vaping 1% means 1000 x .01+= 10
Thanks for the help yall, Ill inform him of his error lol. Its not good having a professor of mathematics running around making false statements such as he made :p

Last edited:

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    10% (100mg) is the highest nicotine content that can be handled safely without a HAZMAT sute. At 15% you would be at the level where the fumes could make you start to feel sick.
    The nic base that most of us use for DIY is 10% which we then dilute with PV & VG down to our desired level of between 1 - 2%

But don't worry, he probably can't even buy 15% nic base.

Last edited:

DavidAmonettNashville

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 2, 2014
    Nashville,Tn
    Mind you, off-topic ignorance is normal in most fields, and then you add the Dunning-Kruger effect in there and it gets ugly. I do see it with professors, and just as often with engineers and doctors.
    I believe that a scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy.
    Richard P. Feynman​

Lol, the guy is in the mathematics field and is actually pretty smart. But I think he got his information from a foreign guy who owns a kiosk in our local mall and is selling fake "authentic" Nemesis clones for over 200 bucks.
    So I think I understand... there are 1000mg per ml? So 150mg per ml makes 150/1000=15% And for him to be vaping 1% means 1000 x .01+= 10
    Thanks for the help yall, Ill inform him of his error lol. Its not good having a professor of mathematics running around making false statements such as he made :p

Very roughly, 1 gram = 1 ml, or 1000 mg = 1 ml, so you're correct. It does depend on the density of the liquid, but most liquids you'll encounter in your daily life will be close enough to this that you don't need to worry about it much for casual conversions.

"Normal" concentration of 18 mg/ml would be 18 mg nicotine, 982 mg of dilutant (PG or VG for us). Roughly. Again, the density of PG is 4% higher than water, so the PG actually weighs almost 36 mg more than that. Close enough.

Maximum DIY sold is 10%, or 100 mg/ml, or 100 mg nicotine and around 900 of PG.

The quick and dirty way is take the milligrams/ml and divide by ten. That gives the percentage. So 18 mg/ml is 1.8%.

Or vice-versa, multiply the percentage by ten and that gives the mg/ml. So 2.4% is 24 mg/ml.

So therefore, 15% is 150 mg/ml, or not available to us Common Folk.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread