What would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pahick

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Southern PA
Been awhile since I was on here. Life happened so to speak. AND I couldnt stop cigs. Yesterday, I broke out my Primo Mini and OBS Nano. .34 coil and vaping Caramel Waffle Cappuccino 6mg. To be honest, though I liked some other flavors, this juice was the only constant. Everything else just gets pitched eventually. I guess im just picky.

Anyhow, I can chain vape this all day long and still smoke. I was thinking about getting some nic packets and increasing the nic in the CWC. At least then maybe I wont chain vape in that setup, and can increase the nic even further for my mtl setup, target mini/nautilus mini.

Thoughts?

pahick

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Southern PA
I go back and forth between mtl and dtl. Depends what im doing at work. If I cant go outside, its stealth vape(mtl). But an hour later I can be with less workload and actually take a break outside and dtl.

I was using vapemoars mellow gold at 16% mtl, but I could dtl that also in the nano at .34 and not feel negative effects. And still smoke.

tgs3

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Vaping and smoking side by side.... is how I stopped smoking... in 6 months without QUITTING.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I started vaping in August and dual used until 19 days ago. However, for the last few months I was down to two or three cigarettes per week. I am currently not smoking. I don't worry about quitting.

Doctorvapes

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2017
I dual used for over a year up until recently. If you need to up the nic, then do so. My gf is a mtl vaper and has 9mg and 12mg juice to use. I'm dtl and use 6mg but I chain vape also.

One silly thing I did to help me quit was download a quitting smoking app that shows the amount of cravings I've had each day, it's helpful to watch them go down. It also counts cigarettes not smoked and money saved...

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Look up sapphyre nicotine packets. Youll get the idea.

I didn't know these existed.

I used both cigarettes and vape for about a year and then found myself smoking two a day in the morning with coffee. This lasted around six more months. One day I realized that I had not smoked for several days. I was using around 18 mg through out that entire period. Now I am at 10 mg. However you decide to up the nicotine, that maybe your answer.

Others have used a "WTA" juice with some success. It is whole tobacco alkaloid and there are several vendors out there. One is "umbavape.com" which is relatively inexpensive.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I've tried nic salt packets, they are noticeably STRONG, it's a different delivery system (mucosal) and that tends to be very efficient. You could also try Sweedish snus I guess. It's safer than smoking but will give you what nic alone won't. I used WTA juice during my quit and it was extremely helpful. Good makers include Aroma (gold standard) and I've also used Umbavapes and not everyone loves their WTA, but it is far less pricy and I found it to be decent.

Best of luck, I dual used for years before going back to just smoking, and then was successful this time around. Nothing wrong with upping your nicotine levels either if you need to and etc.

Best of luck,

Anna

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
OK, count me in as another one who didn't know these existed. Seems like they're worth trying, but... They're also a rather expensive way of adding nic to your juice.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain

Is "Sapphyre" legally selling 200mg/ml base in the US?
20_sapphyre_nic_2ml__68247.1512411463.853.1280.png

It appears to be obscenely over priced. $1.17 per ml of 10%

Below: 125ml of 100mg/ml for about $14.00 plus shipping. $0.12 per ml of 10%
NicSelect Unflavored Nicotine

Best of luck
I

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Loads of good advice here.

I’ll just say, if you can chain vape + smoke your nic is way too low.

I started vaping before wta and nic salts. The only option was higher freebase nic. I used 24 mgs/ ml mtl. That would make me sick now lol.

I use both 6 mg for mtl and 3 mg for dl, and I go up on both when I’m stressed. I sometimes use an RDA with 4-6 mg to get a good blast.

Just keep trying different ways, you’ll find what works for you. Good luck!

rob33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
A World Traveler
I know where you are coming from, so I will be brutally honest. Like me before I made the break you are seriously addicted to nicotine. If you want to really quit will need to get your nicotine level up to where you don't even crave tobacco, you do this by using an RDA or high nicotine juice or both. I really doubt the light duty equipment is going to do it for you.

Nate5700

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2014
Jenks, OK, USA
Probably all I could add would be to reemphasize certain points that we're already made:

If you gradually work down the number of cigarettes you smoke you're better off than smoking full-time.

I dropped the cigarettes entirely vaping WTA liquid in combination with using Swedish snus. It's not the thing for everybody but if it feels like something is "missing" from your vape it might do the trick. I get unflavored WTA and mix with my regular juice.

Lastly, just don't give up. Everyone finds a different combination that works for them. So many variables. DL vs MTL. Nicotine levels. WTA. Eleven million different pieces of modern equipment. It will take some trial and error but you should be able to find something.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
chain vaping is fine most of us did that when we started. your breaking an addiction to cigaretts. Its not easy but well worth the effort. the turning point for me was deciding to not buy anymore smokes. Vaping took care of like 90% of my cravings and in a few days I was able to not want a smoke. Eventually I noticed I made it threw a entire day with out thinking about smoking. That is a very good feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread