Whats a good inexpensive Mod that has accurate and reliable TC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris863

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
Florida
Im looking to get a new mod here in the next few weeks. I currently have an XCube II 180W, Sigelei 150W, ELeaf 60W TC, and a Sigelei 30W.

I havent really tried the TC very much in my ELeaf, somebody I know who quit vaping actually gave it to me. I dont particularly care for single 18650 mods so I dont use it that much.

Never been able to really use the TC in my XCube because I try to fire my coils and I get this annoying temp protected message and it cuts the power to the coil making it impossible for me to take a hit off my tanks.

I have been thinking about getting a Reuleaux but there are so many different variations. I know there is one for 40 bucks that has the cheaper chip and the one that goes for over 100 has the DNA chip. Think it could be convenient to have a mod that takes 3 18650s. Not sure if the cheaper Reuleaux will allow me to use TC type wires where I actually set a custom TCR coefficient such as NiFe52 which im so anxious to be able to use properly.

I have really loved my XCube II though this past year. I have the original one that came stock at 160W but I upgraded to 180W. If I could confirm the newer smok Box Mods have reliable TC where I can use my NiFe52 and perhaps SS430 then I would get another one in a heartbeat. I really love the firing bar where you just squeeze the front to vape. So much more comfortable than those tiny fire buttons on everything else. The LED light is also a nice touch on the side.

Want to finally join the TC party. About a year ago I stocked up on all the different grades of SS as well as Titanium A1 and NiFe52. I have so many spools of wire lol, but ultimately im looking for the best option to vape NiFe52 in TC. I absolutely love how crisp and accurate my flavors taste with NiFe52 and also how little my coils get gunked up. I have used the NiFe a handful of times in VW/VV Mode but I decided I didnt want to waste the good NiFe52 that an ECF friend was nice enough to PIF me last year on just standard wattage mode on my XCube.

Want to make a decision before the black friday sales which is fast approaching! Trying to spend under 80 bucks or so.

Thanks

Chris863

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
Florida
Thanks I'm probably going to go with an rx200. Curious though if anyone has experience with the newer smok mods. Wondering if the TC has been improved over what I have in my xcube 2.

I know a lot of people don't trust smok and I actually bought an xcube 2 last October that died on me after just 3 weeks but I returned it then bought another one on last years black Friday and this xcube I have used daily for almost a year without any problems. The TC though on the xcube has caused many people to have problems. I really love the firing bar and the led light but I don't know if I should get another smok unless I know the TC works better.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    While first forgetting about the sillyness of asking about TC mods in the VV/VW forum when there is a DEDICATED TC forum......

It all depends on the form factor you are targeting. IE: Single, dual or triple battery and what the battery size is.
    • The VTC mini, iStick Pico come to mind as popular single battery mods
    • The Cuboid, iStick TC100 and the Smok Alien are popular dual battery mods
    • The SX200 and Triad are popular 3x18650 mods
    In the 26650 camp I find it easy to recommend ether the Presa TC100 or the Pico Mega.

There are of course much higher priced mods that fit most of the above but you were looking for inexpensive no?

Hamhawk

Oct 21, 2016
    San Carlos, CA
    I've never liked the TC on the Wismec RX series, just never worked quite right for me. The newer Smok devices actually have really good TC, and you can adjust the TCRs to whatever wire you are using, there is a good list here on the forums. I use the Alien in TC mode for SS316L occasionally and am happy with its performance, it isn't quite as good as a DNA device but it does work reliably.

KenD

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 20, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    kennetgranholm.com
    While first forgetting about the sillyness of asking about TC mods in the VV/VW forum when there is a DEDICATED TC forum......

It all depends on the form factor you are targeting. IE: Single, dual or triple battery and what the battery size is.
    • The VTC mini, iStick Pico come to mind as popular single battery mods
    • The Cuboid, iStick TC100 and the Smok Alien are popular dual battery mods
    • The SX200 and Triad are popular 3x18650 mods
    In the 26650 camp I find it easy to recommend ether the Presa TC100 or the Pico Mega.

There are of course much higher priced mods that fit most of the above but you were looking for inexpensive no?

Hmm, the silliness of not including the full names of the mods suggested, and getting the spelling wrong. I assume you mean the Wismec rx200 (not sx200) and the Lost Vape Triade (not Triad). The latter is not what I would consider a cheap mod. Not the priciest DNA200 mod out there, but definitely not cheap.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Hitcat44

mere Pawn in Game of Life
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 9, 2015
    Ft. Vape-WKY
    +1 to the Stout and VF line-up (their Boards are made by Wismec I believe so if not a Wismec Fan,,, may not flip your switch). I personally prefer the Asmodus Snow Wolf 75 mini overall and all things considered as an "inexpensive" ($35-$70 ?) TC, and all-around multi-faceted, function/capability Mod.
    I like my Pico a lot too but doesn't perform TC as well as the SW 75 mini IMO.
    The Evic minis do great in TC in general as well.

I researched, reviewed, and now have an Asmodus Ohmsmium in route and have heard/read good things about it and it's TC functionality. If it operates in all aspects as I hope and expect, at @ $50 combined with its aesthetics, size, durability, etc. it should fast become one of the main "Go-To" Units here at Ft. Vape.

Reactions: Cool_Breeze
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread