Which mod for accurate TC experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amerglass

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2018
Newbe on forum

The above is my start on this forum. Problems with vaping.

Here I d like to duscuss some expert opinion on choosing a mod to suit for my TC challenge: I use several rta-s, enjoy both mtl/dtl, especially restricted DTL. So, lung hits with less airflow and lower wattage.

Did have sevetal dry hits on my Siren 2 and Kensei rta as well.

Tried TC with my Vaporesso Revenger and Smoant Cylon mof but soon found out it is not working properly.

The 2 of best mods like SX G class with Yihi chip or Paranormal 250DNA are quite expensive. Well, I could get the Paranormal for 95 $ but still read about defects people had and questionable wattage performance. 250$ is absolutely too much for a G class.
So, I did go to reviews searching for a good TC mod on still acceptable price, but every mod seems to lack smth.
Polar, V boy, Hcigar, ... many more.

Well how about the new OUMIER RUDDER? I understood the chip works very precisely in both, TC and power mode, the mod is 2 batteries which I prefer, simple menu, even upgrade possible.... for almost 10% of the G class price ???

Any suggestions?

Reactions: stols001

Amerglass

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2018
Newbe on forum

The above is my start on this forum. Problems with vaping.

Here I d like to duscuss some expert opinion on choosing a mod to suit for my TC challenge: I use several rta-s, enjoy both mtl/dtl, especially restricted DTL. So, lung hits with less airflow and lower wattage.

Did have several dry hits on my Siren 2 and Kensei rta as well.

Tried TC with my Vaporesso Revenger and Smoant Cylon mod but soon found out it is not working properly.

The 2 of best mods like SX G class with Yihi chip or Paranormal 250DNA are quite expensive. Well, I could get the Paranormal for 95 $ but still read about defects people had and questionable wattage performance. 250$ is absolutely too much for a G class.
So, I did go to reviews searching for a good TC mod on still acceptable price, but every mod seems to lack smth.
Polar, V boy, Hcigar, ... many more.

Well how about the new OUMIER RUDDER? I understood the chip works very precisely in both, TC and power mode, the mod is 2 batteries which I prefer, simple menu, even upgrade possible.... for almost 10% of the G class price ???

Any suggestions?

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
IMO Yihi chips aren't really the best for TC :( Don't get me wrong they make a quality product, just TC isn't their thing.
For accurate TC a DNA is a must! You can get a DNA mod for under $100 if you look around. Don't feel the need to get the latest & greatest, older model DNA chips like the 250, 75, even the 60 do TC very well :)
Also, some good advice would be be careful with your wire choice! Stainless Steal seems to be every ones go to wire, but I personally have had way better results with titanium in TC :)

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
What is/was the problems with the Revenger & Cylon you thought wasn't working properly in TC modes?

Are you using a suitable wire type & using a build you know to function well and in TC in your RTA's?
Are you familiar with 'setting up' / fiddling with TC settings, using various temperature coefficients & custom TC settings?

The upper end of Yihi and the DNA 'chip's' function very well to excellent in TC, never heard a legitimate complaint about power handling from an authentic DNA.

The rudder is prone to getting bumped out of adjustment via the wheel from handling. You can't expect much in the way of performance, accuracy or a real difference or improvement from one to another from any of the less than $50 power devices.

My choice, Dicodes, doesn't fit into your price range or 2 battery preference though a 21700 option is in the works.

I'd say a DNA based power device with a good working knowledge of e scribe software is the most popular and easiest to find support & tips.

Last edited:

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Titanium? I understood that doesn't perform well. Which wire do you recomend for SXK Prime (Kayfun clone)?

Depends on which you like best, almost everything to do with vaping are matters of personal preference.
What one or many thinks is 'best' you may hate.

Many start off with a certain wire type then later find they prefer a different one over the others.
There simply is no 'best' whatever to use.

I would put less stock in what others say and more in what you find you like best, it takes experimenting with the variables to figure out what works best for you.

Again, why the two threads same exact topic?

Reactions: stols001

Amerglass

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2018
Thanks Topwater.

Revenger was all the same at 350 or 500 F... not warm vape at all. The menu would not allow to reduce watts below 30. Which would make instant dry hit on a coil of 1 Ohm, I suppose? Cylon I think was better but the menu I think made me leave it. As far as I remember had a dry hit from it...
The majority of America located vapers go for the DNA-s which is logical. Yihi is much praised in TC by many users. Don't pay too much attention to the graphs made by P. Busardo. I prefer to hear about the experience. And, yes DNA would work I am sure. However, a 30 bucs mod - this Rudder.... which is reported by many of them reviewers to perform perfectly... I said - why not ?

I just love the looks of Paranormal though.

Will be using TC with: Kayfun clone, Kylin II, Hadaly clone, Galaxies. One coil for flavour. Staggered claptons SS316.

I understand you d go for DNA. Bit, what advantage with TC will reflect in the flavour? If any?

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Quite a few reviewers are just salesman in disguise or get free stuff for giving good reviews.
Most often you get what you pay for with inexpensive power devices.

TC isn't really about flavor production, it is a way to limit coil temp, supposedly makes each hit the same, prevents dry and or burnt hits / scorching or burning wicking material. When you limit coil temp you also limit vapor temp.

Just me, if you already use SS, keep trying various builds until you find what you like best using W mode.
Then give TC mode a try.
You can't just build or buy one certain type of coil and expect it to be what you like, you may really like a simple single wire or two strands twisted, or mesh, or any one of hundreds of different coil types.

No, I'd buy a Dicodes, the suggestion of DNA is due to great support from Evolv and the many users of their products can give a great deal of help & tips, and their e scribe software which allows all sorts of fiddling & set up & adjustments.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Amerglass

Amerglass

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2018
The JAC Vapor series B DNA75W is under $100, but it is a single battery mod. I get nearly a days worth of vaping on a single Samsung 30Q 3000mAh 15A battery.

Yeah, was checking out this one. Nice, classy, small, ideal for smaller mtl builds. But as I plan to use the mod partialy for coiling below 0.3 Ohm on higher wattage or even putting on my Freemax Pro I'd prefer 2 batteries realy. More practical. Also, for this price I can get the Paranormal 250c.... DNA is smth I'll probably go for. Once you look at that chip there is no cheap option. As I dont mind 30 $ difference the Paranormsl seems best solution imho.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Titanium? I understood that doesn't perform well. Which wire do you recomend for SXK Prime (Kayfun clone)?

Titanium performs very well for me :) Your results may vary?
I like 24 or 26 gauge. A bit of caution, Titanium should not be dry burned!
If your considering Titanium, do a bit of research.

Here are a few examples of dual battery DNA mods (167 watts) for well under $100 :)
These will Do TC very well, handle the low ohm builds, & any "Sub Ohm" Tank you would be likely to use :)

$85.14 Authentic Yoko Vape TRX D-N-A 167W TC VW APV Box Mod - 1-167W / 200-600'F / 2*18650 / zinc alloy + stainless steel / OLED screen display at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Buy Asmodus Oni 167W Red Evolv DNA250 TC VW Box Mod

Amerglass

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2018
Steamer, thanks again.

Am a bit confused not just with all the hardware but also juices, flavours, nic salts etc. Can hardly play with titanium at this stage. SS316 does it for me better than Kanthal A1 wires. Not to mention this euphoria in my head is going on due to my burnt mouth feeling and loss of taste/smell every evening ..
Want to buy smth that would enable comfort vaping 10ml/day, without tje mouth/sinuses problems But, there's no such device. Nor wire. Nor liquid.

Thanks for both tips. Well, am a chap at around my fifties so wouldn't go around realy with red or orange mod...

Besides a Paranormal which looks classy and retro ans good performance at 95$. Does that sound ok?

Still that mod by Rudder intrigates me with its low price. It does rattle a bit, the knob might be a pain but otherwise everyone praises the TC accuracy as well as wattage performance.

Why overpaying DNA chip at a triple rate? Is that DNA chip with 'replay' realy worth 3 such mods like the Rudder ??

Pokeroo

Nov 16, 2018
Toronto
I have and use two Ehpro Mod 101's. One is a bit low reading resistance and the other is accurate to within .01ohms. Once you dial in what you like they both give excellent consistent performance. I have read reviews from others who have had awful luck so QA/QC may be an issue... but mine have been workhorses.

For the one that reads low, it's consistently low (reads every coil .5-.6ohms lower than ohmmeter), I just take that into account and adjust the temp accordingly.

I understand the Eleaf iStick mods are Arctic Fox compatible, which means that you can dial in exactly the TCR for your wire. The Pico is inexpensive and gets pretty good reviews, so maybe a good option.

As long as the device is consistent, you just need to find your spot and you won't have to touch it again until you rebuild.

Ken

• Agree
Reactions: bobpp
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread