What's happening? Taste / vivi novas

Status
Not open for further replies.

vernhall

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
United States
Am using pretty much a standard setup (VV style eGo batts with Vision mini vivi novas) and have a prob with taste.

Put same juice in each atty but get a different taste. One is what I'd expect, the other washed-out and, don't know if I'm using the right word or not, slightly burned tasting.

Haven't done any significant testing yet, but plan on checking voltage output later today on the batts and the resistance on the various attys. This is driving me crazy! All I want is the consistent expectation of a decent vape from day to day like I experienced when I started vaping...

Thoughts or suggestions on how to proceed would be appreciated...

LucentShadow

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
Michigan, USA
I would expect that one of the Vivi Nova heads has a problem with the coil and/or wick. You can pull the cap on the heads to look into them, if you like. I've had quite a few with slight manufacturing defects, such as the ones listed below.

Things to look out for:
- Coil should have evenly-spaced wraps, with none of the wraps sticking out, away from the wick.
- Coil is not crammed into one side of the tube. It should be reasonably centered, and not touching the sides.
- Wick should protrude from the cap on both sides, not getting pinched too much by the silicone cap.
- Wick should not be kinked by the coil pulling it down, or rotating it in the cup.

For what it's worth, I liked Vivi Novas for a long time, but only because I rebuilt the heads before using them. I didn't have much luck with the stock ones. I've since switched to Kanger eVods, and actually use the stock heads before rebuilding them, because they seem to be much more consistent. I've only gone through 5 heads on the eVods, so you may want a second opinion on those. That small sample already beats the first 5 VN heads that I tried back then, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread