The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

What's in the word "Juice" -pls say "Liquid"

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by Ipster, Apr 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Ipster

Ipster Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Hi everyone. OK, not a new topic here..however it needs revisiting.
    Im in a state that was slammed this past year with somewhere in the order of 16 ANTZ bills for the legislature
    to implement all of which would curb our rights to vape.
    Im not alone. Much of the legislation is packaged as "Save our kids"..it gets attention, pushes buttons and ultimately will hurt us! (Vapers).
    Within these bills were the ban on anything "flavored" other than tobacco-flavor.The ANTS here always point to our flavored "juices"
    and claim the purveyors are intentionally selling these to "hook" our kids!

Its been said many times the word "Juice" targets the minors in the market place.
    Isnt it easy to substitute the word "Liquid" for "Juice"?
    Please do. Where ever you can.
    This is important to the survival of vaping.
    Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

2. Frenchfry1942

Frenchfry1942 Chillin' Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 12, 2014
    Rivanna
    Bah! I am 77 years old and liquid is some new-fangled, modern whippersnapper word. Bah! I like my juice.

3. jefsview

jefsview Vaping Master ECF Veteran

May 2, 2013
    Crete, Il
    only if we can spell it li:pervy:quid :)

4. jefsview

May 2, 2013
    Crete, Il
    Seriously, I prefer the term liquid or eliquid over juice.

Have I used "juice." Yes. But lately I've been going back over what I write in posts and usually change "juice" to "liquid" or "eliquid" since it just sounds more appropriate.

5. GreenEyesDon'tLie

GreenEyesDon'tLie Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 26, 2012
    MD, USA
    I only ever use "juice" on here or around other vapers. It's been common shorthand for years, so it's a long-time habit. In mixed company, or especially around ANTZ, I always say e-liquid or something similar.

6. WillyZee

WillyZee Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 23, 2013
    Toronto
    as the Antz say ... nicotine laced juice :blink:

7. Kellin

Kellin Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC, USA
    I've been using the two interchangeably, but henceforth it shall be "liquid".

8. blueGrassTubb

blueGrassTubb Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 21, 2014
    The Bluegrass
  9. Feignix

Feignix Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

When I was in the army we DIDN'T drink Jungle Liquid! ;)...... and calling it liquid verses juice isn't going to change ANYbody's mind IMHO. I understand the need and reasoning for most of the rules around here, and I do my BEST to follow them. However, I agree with the above poster and generally only refer to it as "juice" when in the presence of other fellow vapers.

I mean once we start "censoring" virtually EVERYTHING we say and do, we've pretty much lost the battle already. Isn't that essentially agreeing with them and conceding to the rationale that ONLY kid's like and are entitled to flavored consumables and adults having flavored consumables are subject to a "GOVERNING" body, really.....REALLY? OK, so why are there so many darn flavored alcoholic beverages?? Ahhhh, because said "governing" body likes their cosmo's, lime margarita's and STAWBERRY daiquiris! Got it! :2c:

10. AntnyMikal

AntnyMikal Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 3, 2014
    Clarksville, TN, USA
    Honestly I feel your pain, but nowadays people are so lazy they don't look into anything themselves. They just believe what they're fed, and as long as it doesn't affect them directly they want to control it.

I mean look at " cool mint cigs' fruity flavored swisher 'sweets', fruity alcohols" these things are regulated and things that most do themselves.

I'm just tired of fighting the war on ignorance, stupidity and laziness. It's so not funny but still funny. I need to go watch some George Carlin now. Unfortunately common sense and intelligence doesn't always win.

All Day Vapin'

11. Ipster

Supporting member
    Thanks very much. You can see that here at ECF, its the same.."liquid" verbiage.

12. Ipster

Supporting member
    LOL!! So where the heck is Beecher?
    (my "roots" as in grandparents) were in the Land o Lincoln.

13. Ipster

Supporting member
    Thanks for the comment Feignix. Admittedly I felt that EXACT emotional pang at the original posting, and
    knew some would perceive the request as censorship. Censorship Is so offensive!
    Certainly you are free to use what ever you are comfortable with in your own life.
    As vapers I think the most of us are fighting for individual liberties and freedoms to choose our own paths.
    That said, it blows my mind to see what the ANTZ grab a hold of and use against us as ammunition.
    If the suppliers could stop to think; particularly the high traffic suppliers- it would go a long way to help.
    Understand the ANTZ are going to grab what they can to fight us over limiting "whats good for us".

14. Ipster

Supporting member
    ARRGHH!!
    Prohibition here we go.

15. Joe Gordon

Joe Gordon Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

It's crazy how many people out there are sheep and don't do the research behind what their so against. One article in the paper or one 5 O'clock news story and that's the truth to them. Sigh where are we headed with the herd leading the way.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

16. AntnyMikal

AntnyMikal Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 3, 2014
    Clarksville, TN, USA
    To a cliff, a very high and steep cliff.

17. firephly

firephly Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 22, 2013
    CA
    i don't like the sound of either juice or liquid that much and wish there was a new word exclusive to vaping, i can't think of what that word should be though, but i'm surprised there isn't one by now

18. jefsview

May 2, 2013
    Crete, Il
    Far South of Chicago and North of Kankakee :)

19. Feignix

Feignix Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

How do you like Liquitine®,.....I thought I was being "orginal" and made it up until I just did a Google® search for it and saw it's already being used! That could possibly turn into the "genericized trademark", like "coke", "google", "band-aid", etc., you get the idea!

20. Joe Gordon

Joe Gordon Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

if not that then what about vape. I mean I know we use that word already. What we do is called vaping. So we're vaping vape.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.