whats so great about provari?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drglock

Feb 5, 2014
Georgia
Been vaping a month now, analog free for that time also.

I occasionally read posts about the provari, but fail to understand how it can be better than an innokin or other mod?

You bring the juice to a heat source, vaporize it, and inhale. It seems the atomizer is the deciding factor on quality, and juice of course, so why the big hubbub over the power source?

This is not an invitation for snobbiness or mean comments, just trying to learn! :2cool:

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
  • Deleted by Caridwen
  • Reason: Unnecessary

SpookyDriver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2014
Crockett, Texas
I've had one and used it for a couple of weeks. It's a good US-made device with a great warranty and customer service. I didn't keep it since I prefer other devices, but for many people who aren't into sub-ohm builds or exotic devices it's everything they want in a mod. If it was my only option, I wouldn't be unhappy.

drglock

Feb 5, 2014
Georgia
I've had one and used it for a couple of weeks. It's a good US-made device with a great warranty and customer service. I didn't keep it since I prefer other devices, but for many people who aren't into sub-ohm builds or exotic devices it's everything they want in a mod. If it was my only option, I wouldn't be unhappy.

So its a high quality build with a good warranty? Ok, that's cool. I just didn't know if it somehow affected the vape.

Megabyt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2013
SoCal
It's a good US-made device with a great warranty and customer service...

THIS.

And, it's built right, i.e., I've dropped a Provari many, many times, on concrete, tile, etc., and they're really not even scratched.

I love my mech mods, and an MVP v2 or any other VV\VW device will certainly get the job done, but a Provari IS the measuring stick for all VV\VW devices for a reason. :)

:vapor:

SpookyDriver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2014
Crockett, Texas
So its a high quality build with a good warranty? Ok, that's cool. I just didn't know if it somehow affected the vape.

No difference in the vape. Set your Innokin device on 4.1V and your Provari on 4.1V and you'll get the same vape. You're paying for the support behind the product, in my opinion. If I broke one of my Innokin mods or it just stopped working after a while, I'd just throw it away. I consider them to be very well performing devices and great "bang for the buck", but disposable. If you break a Provari or it stops working, you can send it back for replacement or repair. If you have questions about the Provari, you can email or call and talk directly to the manufacturer. For many people, that's worth the difference in cost.

That being said, I'd like to see them update the device soon. It's getting a little long in the tooth and some newer devices have better features. Again, that's just my opinion.

Steam Turbine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Montreal Quebec Canada
You bring the juice to a heat source, vaporize it, and inhale.
Hyundai Accent will bring you from point A to point B.

Ferrari will bring you from point A to point B.

The same question could be asked about mechs... Why a (genuine) Nemesis over a k100...

The answer is: Because!

fajuvo

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
STL, MO
It's a Provari it vapes perfect as other devices drop volts, go back up, drop, go back up, (sounds like a rattle snake) etc... And while other devices drop volts when the battery goes low. Provari performs the same with low battery. They are built in the USA, They are built with great steel, etc... The customer service is top notch.. I can go on and on...

Watch some pbusardo videos and u will see how most devices are not accurate to what they say. When he reviews the provari It's spot on.

edit: I'm not trying to burn other mods here the guy asked a question. I myself also love the mvp 2.0, and my others but the provari does out perform them.

Last edited:

cbrite

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
I just started using my Provari yesterday. I also have an itaste VV3. There is a big difference IMHO in terms of the amount of vapor and the taste of the juice. Right now I have a different juice in the VV3 than in the Provari, so I have been on both and I notice the difference between the vape is at least 10 times over. And yes the battery and the mechanics and so on, too. Really there is a huge difference, again in my opinion and experience and the change is much like when I changed from a Halo G6 to the iTaste.

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
I have several mods. They all work fine for what they are. But my Provari is hands down my go to mod. As far as performance, what I love about it, it works, it always works. No bugs, no issues, it doesn't shut itself off for no reason, the threads are perfect, when I don't want to fiddle with temperamental mods, I pick up my Provari. They have a hefty price tag, but IMHO you get what you pay for. Yes, there are other great mods out there, but I love the work horse my Provari has proven itself to be over and over again.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago

They do have one UNIQUE innovation which people don't seem to be interested in, but which is what I'd buy:

insert.jpg

They provide an $option$ to plug in to the wall and work without batteries.

Rob0506

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2011
Renton, WA
There IS a difference I haven't seen anyone mention, the provari puts out a flat DC signal. Many (but certainly not all) VV devices use pulse width modulation for voltage control. This means the atomizer is hit with 6 or 7 volts in pulses that average out to the voltage requested. This can be tasted in the vape, and sometimes even heard (the rattlesnake sound from the atomizer).

I find the vape on PWM devices a bit harsher, but there are devices like the MVP that are also a flat DC signal.

KODIAK (TM)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Dead Moose, AK
They do have one UNIQUE innovation which people don't seem to be interested in, but which is what I'd buy:

They provide an $option$ to plug in to the wall and work without batteries.
Doesn't any pass-through do that? Right now I'm sucking on a cheap ego-c with a USB cord dangling from it.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
KODIAK™;12334507 said:
Doesn't any pass-through do that? Right now I'm sucking on a cheap ego-c with a USB cord dangling from it.

That's still with a battery.

Provape makes a module that goes in the tube INSTEAD of the battery.

As far as I can see, it can probably work on other tubes especially if they use the same threading on the base as the provari.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread