What's so great about Provaris?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
That's pretty sweet. Not sure what the rDNA buttons are rated for but I'd certainly hope at least the power button is up to this standard. Of course, the Provari only having one button means that thing is going to get clicked a lot more than the rDNA power button too [emoji6]

You would think, but to be honest with you, I havent set the voltage on my Provari in almost a year. Once you find the setup that works for you it becomes largely unnecessary.

As a result I only click the button when firing it.

VapoJoe86

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2012
Indiana
I change flavors and tanks a lot.....therefore I change voltage/wattage settings a lot. I've found even small changes can make big differences for some juices
I'm right there with you, I have several flavors in my rotation at any given time and I'm constantly making power adjustments for the different flavors, not to mention the different delivery systems.

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
You would think, but to be honest with you, I havent set the voltage on my Provari in almost a year. Once you find the setup that works for you it becomes largely unnecessary.

As a result I only click the button when firing it.

Same here. I've been using unflavored e-liquid for years now, so I only need the one setting.

VapoJoe86

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2012
Indiana
I got the extended two year warrantyo if the button does go out on me in that ammount of time, I'm good to go.
Has anybody here had a button go out on any of their regulated devices yet? It's obviously bound to happen, luckily I haven't experienced this yet on any of my devices yet though.

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
Has anybody here had a button go out on any of their regulated devices yet? It's obviously bound to happen, luckily I haven't experienced this yet on any of my devices yet though.

APV's... No, but eGo types have the same style of microswitch and every time I've spent money on an eGo type(easier to stealth at work, etc), they've never managed to last more than 4 months. After 3 deaths in a row, I just decided to say screw it, and started taking my Provari everywhere.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Yes, I have had a button failure. It was on a Lavatube V2, the voltage up button stopped functioning after about two months usage. The unit was gladly replaced by the vendor, a B&M establishment. I do favor the three button layout of the Lavatube, it makes for quick V+ V- adjustments, as well as quick Ω checks and battery checks. One of the reasons why I was very hesitant to get a ProVari was that when I first checked out a neighbors ProVari the single button user interface was very off putting to me.

Rancor0681

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
Belle Rive, Illinois, United States
Dead Horse.
And ty for Contributing absolutely nothing to this thread
bc846fd05d0adef4b789e96ebeb61aaa.jpg

imsoenthused

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2011
Tulsa, OK
Yes, on my ProVari. Only problem I ever had with it, and it gave me an excuse to have it upgraded at the same time, but yes it did stop working. Basically it would sporadically flutter on and off when I held the button instead of just firing. Which would put it in the menu and randomly change settings. Very annoying. Started very rarely, I thought I was imagining it the first few times, but it progressed to being unusable pretty quickly. That was on a v1 ProVari, and I've had no problems since then.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
I'm right there with you, I have several flavors in my rotation at any given time and I'm constantly making power adjustments for the different flavors, not to mention the different delivery systems.

Too much work for me.

When I quit smoking I set out to find a setup that was as easy and as close to hassle free as smoking was.

A carto tank and a Provari fills that bill perfectly IMO.

I also have a variable wattage device...its called my index finger...and I use it to buy 3ohm cartos...... 100 at a time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread