Status
Not open for further replies.

Rancor0681

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
Belle Rive, Illinois, United States
In MY heart, I want to call YOU out for saying that I said something which I never actually said. Insert frustrated Jackie Chan meme.
b67e6e6bc6e3a22055da197dc21c099a.jpg

If you gonna Meme jack me atleast post the Meme now your just being lazy
;p

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Personally I would grab a nemesis mech clone and throw an evolve kick 1 in it. 180 for a tube is crazy, but to each their own. Going on a year and half with mine.

Advantages of mech and kick. Adjustable wattage. Yeah VV is the same just a different calc.. except with VW you don't have to do the count.

Take the kick out and you can hand wash it. It can take a beating. The clones can be ugly but the Provari is as well. No need to buy extra caps for battery sizes. If you wish to go full DC just remove the kick.

20 bucks for a clone and 20 bucks for the evolve chip (version 1). 40 bucks vs 180 ish...

Interesting, I could be wrong but I just don't remember any Nemmy clones a year and a half ago.
    Now don't take me wrong because I have a Nemmy clone with a kick in it, and I agree, it's a great PV set up that way. Only, a Kick-2 is a better choice for it. The kick-1 wont regulate below 2 ohms on a fresh battery, it's 'step-up' only.

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 18, 2013
    Chicago
    What's so great about Provaris?

Your question should be "What's not so great about Provaris?" An American made device with solid support, a fantastic warranty and the solid good looks of a ladies pleasuring device, what more could you want in a VV device?

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 19, 2012
    Valhalla
    Your question should be "What's not so great about Provaris?" An American made device with solid support, a fantastic warranty and the solid good looks of a ladies pleasuring device, what more could you want in a VV device?

LMAO! Your comment reminded me of the vibrating cartomizer that was sold for like a month a couple years back.

imsoenthused

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 19, 2011
    Tulsa, OK
    There will be woodvilles coming out in the future (not sure the date) that will be full mechanical (no wiring for the fire button). Rob's working on them right now. Keep checking on the reosmods forum for updates on when they'll be done.
    I will definitely keep an eye out. I think it would be close to my dream mod. Only problem I foresee is battery life. I've already been considering a 26650 mod for dripping on the go because of how fast I can go through 18650s, but I do love the idea of a beautiful, mechanical bottom feeder.

zapped

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 30, 2009
    Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
    Well, APVs don't really have many moving parts to begin with. If your referring to buttons,if you use three buttons instead of one, each button will be cycled fewer times, therefore the likelihood of failure is decreased for each button. That being said, from what I understand Provaris have some pretty heavy duty buttons.

Rated at over a million clicks ....cant say that for most if any chinese mods on the market.

The reason they cost less has to do with cheaper labor cost, cheaper materials used and corners being cut.

Rancor0681

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 29, 2013
    Rated at over a million clicks ....cant say that for most if any chinese mods on the market.

The reason they cost less has to do with cheaper labor cost, cheaper materials used and corners being cut.
    Agreed hard to find that on any other mod

JMarca

E-Cig Afficionado
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 19, 2013
    New York
    The Provari button is an industrial push button with a translucent top cap, they're rated at over a million clicks but some can go much further. The great thing about this button is not that it's rated for over a million clicks but that by design it's impossible for the button to fail in the on position which is where we would run into problems.

VapoJoe86

ECF Veteran
    Jun 23, 2012
    Indiana

That's pretty sweet. Not sure what the rDNA buttons are rated for but I'd certainly hope at least the power button is up to this standard. Of course, the Provari only having one button means that thing is going to get clicked a lot more than the rDNA power button too [emoji6]

JMarca

E-Cig Afficionado
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 19, 2013
    New York
    That's pretty sweet. Not sure what the rDNA buttons are rated for but I'd certainly hope at least the power button is up to this standard. Of course, the Provari only having one button means that thing is going to get clicked a lot more than the rDNA power button too [emoji6]

You're consistent, I'll give tht that much. :)

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 19, 2012
    Valhalla

Just looked up the rDNA. Seems like a pretty nice device. Not for me, as I don't like the box form factor. I have a Reo that has fallen into disuse for that reason. 2 things stand out to me though.

1. Why only a 120 day warranty? This may just me being spoiled by the Provape 1(or 2) year warranty.
    2. What if it messes up after the warranty is over? Again, this is possibly me being spoiled by Provape.

dirtybirdy

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 31, 2014
    Georgia
    I just recently purchased a red Provari Mini and I love it. I was very skeptical myself and also started a thread to see what the benefits of one would be. I was told the following, they always fire there will never be a miss fire, they are near impossible to break, and you really don't need another battery if you buy this one unless you like to drip with sub ohms.

I have had mine only for about a week but I must say I love it. The flavor is great I use 3 different tanks (Kanger AeroTank Mega, Nautilus Aspire, and Kayfun Lite Plus V2) and they all produce excellent flavor or vapor. Don't worry about the money just go ahead and buy one you will not be disappointed.

VapoJoe86

ECF Veteran
    Jun 23, 2012
    Indiana
    Just looked up the rDNA. Seems like a pretty nice device. Not for me, as I don't like the box form factor. I have a Reo that has fallen into disuse for that reason. 2 things stand out to me though.

1. Why only a 120 day warranty? This may just me being spoiled by the Provape 1(or 2) year warranty.
    2. What if it messes up after the warranty is over? Again, this is possibly me being spoiled by Provape.

Excellent questions. I really don't know. But I do know they still swap out batteries on the original DNAs for $25 so they seem pretty reasonable on repairs in general. But yes nobody is touching Provape on warranty, though I wish they were so I could stop conceding this point lol.

Rancor0681

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 29, 2013
    I see what you did there

b3b5f8c4797a8e52125713ba3a54ac4f.jpg

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread