Status
Not open for further replies.

Drottwiler

Old Timer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Drott's Dog House
I'm thinking about getting a VMax PV. It has quite a few features including variable:blush: voltage, which I'm familiar with. It also has variable Wattage. What's the benefit of that? Say I like vaping at 4.8V. What Wattage should I use?

Does anyone here know? Id ask in the mod section, but I like it here more.

Depends on the atty carto.After warrnet Brendon will still replace the batts for a small fee.I don't know all the tecie stuff I just turn the wheel to whats good for me.Session is the tecie hopefully he'l stop by.

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
The benefit of variable waattge is to be able to set the "heat" where you like it and the Darwin or DNA 12 will read the resistance of whatever atty/carto and adjust voltage to the resistance to acheive the watts you set. It's nice for me to be able to build a coil on my RBA and not worry about what the actual ohms are. I can wrap a 1.5, 2.0 or 3ohm coil nd it responds the way I want.

I built a bottomfeeder box w/DNA 12 w/micro-USB chrager and I built a bottomfeed RBA.

Drottwiler

Old Timer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Drott's Dog House
The benefit of variable waattge is to be able to set the "heat" where you like it and the Darwin or DNA 12 will read the resistance of whatever atty/carto and adjust voltage to the resistance to acheive the watts you set. It's nice for me to be able to build a coil on my RBA and not worry about what the actual ohms are. I can wrap a 1.5, 2.0 or 3ohm coil nd it responds the way I want.

I built a bottomfeeder box w/DNA 12 w/micro-USB chrager and I built a bottomfeed RBA.

Ty for stoping in and for explaining. I'm not good at that. But I agree100%. That's one of the things I love with the Darwin and the DNA 12 chip with the RBAs.Just dial in what you like. no err messages just perfect vape.

Allazar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
Austin
Believe it or not, it is not a particular voltage that you enjoy vaping a particular juice at, but it is a particular power level or wattage. Watts are a unit of power that is 1 Volt times 1 Amp of current. Due to this, when you change the resistance of the atty, carto, or whatever is heating your juice, the power level changes as well if the resistance is different. P=IE or P=E(E)/R where E is voltage and Ris resistance.

Variable wattage means that the voltage is adjusted automatically in order to obtain the power that you wish applied to your juice, regardless of the resistance of the arto/atty/whatever is doing the vaporzing. Less fiddling. I think what you are looking at is a ZMax rather than a VMax as well. ;) Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread