Your favorite Atty/carto for your reo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pega

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2011
Budapest
Always have been a carto guy and I find I am drawn away from my reo and increasingly vaping a Stardust on my ego (SHOCK! HORROR). While the taste is never on par with the atty I use (HH .357, so far the best atomizer for me) the vapor production/taste/convenience/consistency is simply astounding.

Like many others, I have a few Io6s on the way (including pyrex drip tip from theecig, which from the opinions on ecf appears to be better than alll others BAR NONE than are available for it) which may or may not redeem my REO for me.

To clarify:

Don't get me wrong, I love the reo mini (can't beat it for durability and peace of mind for a night out, enough juice and with an extra battery a full day's vape for me). I DO have problems with the button though and this is an issue that Rob is addressing lately (he is starting productions with a button cover add-on that increases the size of the button). I'm just not a mechanical switch kinda guy. Also, while woodvilles have electric buttons, they just don't suit me so those are not an option for me.

Last edited:

bobthesalesclerk

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2010
Pittsburgh
In order of favorite to least...
IO6 1.8Ω <If you try these, make sure to buy the special IO6 Driptips. (Regular 306's are too small to fit over them)
Cisco 306 2Ω
Cisco 306 1.8Ω
IKEN 306 (called 2Ω in the past, but are 1.8Ω according to my meters...)

Just finished boxing up your mini. It will be on its way Tuesday. :2cool:

*Edit* I added a surprise in the box for you to try... :2cool:

I like surprises :)

Thanks to everyone in this thread. I couldn't get my order in last night but will today.

Sent from my flashback honeycomb gtablet

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
I have tried attys from a variety of places. Here is my list:
Starting from my most liked
HH.357 @ 1.5 (love them but will seldom buy)
i06 @ 1.8 (plan on having one going for now)
LR 801 2.0 (have one Wood REO going)
LR 306 @ 1.8 (keep in stock, use on my Woodvil's)
LR 510 @ 1.8 (keep in stock, use on my Grands)
Resurrector Cartomizer @1.8 (keep in stock, use on Mini's and Mini Woodvil's, Woodvil 18490's)

Pega

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2011
Budapest
I have tried attys from a variety of places. Here is my list:
Starting from my most liked
HH.357 @ 1.5 (love them but will seldom buy)
i06 @ 1.8 (plan on having one going for now)
LR 801 2.0 (have one Wood REO going)
LR 306 @ 1.8 (keep in stock, use on my Woodvil's)
LR 510 @ 1.8 (keep in stock, use on my Grands)
Resurrector Cartomizer @1.8 (keep in stock, use on Mini's and Mini Woodvil's, Woodvil 18490's)

disregarding price considerations, what is your favorite setup? or is it situation specific?

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
disregarding price considerations, what is your favorite setup? or is it situation specific?

My Grands and a Mini come to work with me every week. I am away from home for almost 4 days. I like the LR510.

My Woodvil's and Mini Woodvil's, and Woodvil 18490's are my home vapes. I really have to say they are my favorites. If I could afford it, I would probably have HH.357 on all of them. Since I can't I use would say the i06, and the LR 306 are my favorite atty's on those.

Right now my favorite to vape is my Woodvil with the HH.357.

Pega

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2011
Budapest

My Grands and a Mini come to work with me every week. I am away from home for almost 4 days. I like the LR510.

My Woodvil's and Mini Woodvil's, and Woodvil 18490's are my home vapes. I really have to say they are my favorites. If I could afford it, I would probably have HH.357 on all of them. Since I can't I use would say the i06, and the LR 306 are my favorite atty's on those.

Right now my favorite to vape is my Woodvil with the HH.357.

Good to hear. I just needed some reconfirmation because I went straight to cartos to the HH (I had a few cheapo Totally Wicked 501 LR atomizers that I didn't care for at all).

I will stick to my HHs but am very curious about Io6, can't wait for them to arrive :).

Other than that, if you own an ego, I highly suggest you try out the Stardust if you have a chance to. These things are magical!

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
If your a carto type of guy then you can use them on the REO too. There are some REOnauts that only use cartos on their REO's and love it. You should definitely try it out. Instead of topping it off, you just have to do a squonk for a few seconds to get the juice in there.

Always have been a carto guy and I find I am drawn away from my reo and increasingly vaping a Stardust on my ego (SHOCK! HORROR). While the taste is never on par with the atty I use (HH .357, so far the best atomizer for me) the vapor production/taste/convenience/consistency is simply astounding.

Like many others, I have a few Io6s on the way (including pyrex drip tip from theecig, which from the opinions on ecf appears to be better than alll others BAR NONE than are available for it) which may or may not redeem my REO for me.

To clarify:

Don't get me wrong, I love the reo mini (can't beat it for durability and peace of mind for a night out, enough juice and with an extra battery a full day's vape for me). I DO have problems with the button though and this is an issue that Rob is addressing lately (he is starting productions with a button cover add-on that increases the size of the button). I'm just not a mechanical switch kinda guy. Also, while woodvilles have electric buttons, they just don't suit me so those are not an option for me.

Last edited:

munkey

Apr 3, 2011
Louisville
I prefer Boge LR 2.0 Cartos on my REOs. They work perfect for me and are inexpensive.
I tried a bunch of cartos and I found everything else to be a waste of time; the Boge LR 2.0 are simply the best. These are what I use when I have a friend who wants to try vaping or I want to show off a new flavor to somebody, since they are so easy to use. (It's not usually worth the time to teach them to squonk properly.)

Of course, once you become proficient at using attys, there's just no comparison whatsoever... once you get used to them, the cartos will taste super bland if you try to go back. Plus, my guess is that they are probably healthier -- that burned filler that I always find inside a used carto (before I throw it away) surely put some sort of carcinogenic nonsense into your lungs...

For attys, just order a cisco 1.5/1.8/2.0 and see which one you like best. Considering the wide array of juices available and the range of personal preferences, it's impossible to predict which you'll prefer. Try them all, then reorder some backups of your favorite(s).

Mr. White

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
IL
I'm a recent HH357 convert. Went to those after going to Boge 2.0 Cartos. which I still use on occasion. I also have the i06. It's clearly the second best atty that I have used. The 357 is the champ. The nice thing about the i06 is that is less than half the cost of the HH357 and always seems to be in stock. The downside is I can't use my 510 drip tips on it. I need to get the pyrex drip tip from the e-cig, because I'm not loving the $2 plastic one I had to buy to go with it. Nothing wrong with the i06. It is clearly a step up from the Cisco spec Avids, which is what I used before the Cartos.

D4rk50ul

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Hawaii
www.xda-developers.com
Sorry I saw this so late. I use 510 Hybrid Atomizer 2.0 ohm Universal They are bottom feeding atomizers made by Vapage.

Very curious have you compared this to atty's like the i306 or other LR 510's? I'm getting ready to stock up on atomizers and this has me wanting to go back to researching again. I currently use the Ikenvape 1.5ohm 510's and like them a lot. Do you need to modify them at all for a Reo?

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Very curious have you compared this to atty's like the i306 or other LR 510's? I'm getting ready to stock up on atomizers and this has me wanting to go back to researching again. I currently use the Ikenvape 1.5ohm 510's and like them a lot. Do you need to modify them at all for a Reo?

I'm not an atty person so I haven't tried many but I do like this hybrid except that it gets a tight draw after a few days. Boiling helps that though and cleaning out the air holes. I haven't tried an i306, never heard of that one. I tried the HH.357 but it was too much trouble. I kept flooding it and didn't want to keep messing with it so I traded it away along with my 306. I haven't tried a LR 510 because I don't have any but I have tried a standard 510 and didn't like it. So far my favorite atty has been the duel coil atty from Clouds of Vapor but I'm really a carto person. I get a lot more vapes out of a carto before I have to squonk and I like that and I don't really notice that much difference between the Boge 2.0 and resurrectors when comparing them to attys. Everybody's preference is different though. There's no need to modify them but you want to make sure you use the universal ones and not the other ones. The other ones can short your Reo or push the center pin down so far, your atty or carto won't make contact. That's what happen to mine when I used the wrong hybrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread