What's the deal with the kick and the power button function?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
I can't figure it out. 1st, my kick goes in crooked like and it started not firing. Like the power button is jammed.i get the feelinging it's too tight a fit. So I can't use it anymore due to constant adjusting. I had the Delrin cap on the power button so took it off and that helped. How is the locking feature affecting my powering up? It seems to be activated by the kick if that makes sense. I just want to put the kick in and it's straight and it stays there right and not fiddle. Anybody else had a problem like this?

Ratman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Tulsa OK
Yes, the kick does not fit in and stay put due to not being supported on all sides like it is in a tub mod. Search for kickstand in this forum and you will find the kick thread showing some home made solutions including the kickstand and the eraser mod. I found it easiest to just run a stiff wire from the kick ground spring to underneath the reo bottom spring and I wrapped a little electrical tape around my kick to make it fit more snugly. Worked just fine but a kick stand is the hot setup!!

chohan

Earthbound Misfit
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
NC Foothills
I can't figure it out. 1st, my kick goes in crooked like and it started not firing. Like the power button is jammed.i get the feelinging it's too tight a fit. So I can't use it anymore due to constant adjusting. I had the Delrin cap on the power button so took it off and that helped. How is the locking feature affecting my powering up? It seems to be activated by the kick if that makes sense. I just want to put the kick in and it's straight and it stays there right and not fiddle. Anybody else had a problem like this?

Take Ratman's advice and read through that "Kick and the 18490" thead. One of the easiest ways I found there was wrap some more thin strips of plastic (think bubble wrap after you pop the bubbles) around the lower portion of the kick that is insulated by plastic, It makes it thicker and holds it up against the inner middle support better. Try placing the spring straight towards the back and when you slide the door shut, it'll put slight pressure against the spring and keep a good ground.

But I must agree with unloaded, the reomizer 2 with a decent coil setup pretty much makes it irrelevant. I'm in love with my Grand/rm2 combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread