Whats the diff in performance 18650 2900mah vs 18650 1600mah high drain

Status
Not open for further replies.

breaktru

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
yeah they do...there's been several threads on that...
the batteries themselves but moreso the mosfet in them... the mosfet isnt rated to handle the increased amperage with a LR atty so the mosfet degrades...it's kinda a crapshoot of when the mosfet will fail though...

Great answer Drozd. Every time I mention that plus my real life experience with the LR and eGo battery, I get beat up by the posters saying that they been using it for several months and do not see any difference in battery life. Well I seen a difference right from the start. Less than half my normal usage time and now a shorter usage time when I switched back to standard atty.

tardcore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2009
pittsburgh, pa
so since this seems to be the 'ask about batteries' thread, what about these? AltSmoke.com | Personal Vaporizers | Electronic Cigarette | Ecigs

the searching i've found has said that the XSL bit of their name denotes them as 'low-drain' batteries.

also, these:
http://www.ivape.net/shop/index.php.../Trustfire-18650-3.7V-2-pack/flypage.tpl.html

these have been performing fantastically in my aloha mod from iVape, strictly with LR306s (~1.5 ohms), but i've been unable to any definitive specs on them..

Last edited:

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
so since this seems to be the 'ask about batteries' thread, what about these? AltSmoke.com | Personal Vaporizers | Electronic Cigarette | Ecigs

the searching i've found has said that the XSL bit of their name denotes them as 'low-drain' batteries.

also, these:
18650 TrustFire Li-ion 3.7V (2 pack) | Batteries and Chargers | Parts and Accessories | iVAPE

these have been performing fantastically in my aloha mod from iVape, strictly with LR306s (~1.5 ohms), but i've been unable to any definitive specs on them..

any 18650 should be fine for a LR atty...
however the first one you linked...be careful there's 2 versions of that battery...with everything being identical but one of them being a label misprint as far as the mAh goes...

the second ones....this is the first time I've seen a white wrapper Trustfire to be honest...
for the same price you can get higher mAh *fire batteries though...

but I don't use any of the *fire brand batteries so I may be biased...
I much prefer AW batteries or the new redilasts seem to show a lot of promise too

Polioud

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2010
Greece
I much prefer AW batteries or the new redilasts seem to show a lot of promise too

I would love to see some first hand comparisons between the two; I have 2 18650 redilasts (got them about 10 days ago) which so far perform great but I don't own any AW atm to compare them with (or any measuring devices to test real values in their specs)

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
I would love to see some first hand comparisons between the two; I have 2 18650 redilasts (got them about 10 days ago) which so far perform great but I don't own any AW atm to compare them with (or any measuring devices to test real values in their specs)

I have seen nothing in regards to tests or charts for the redilasts... I do know that they are panasonic made and labeled as redilast ...the same as the new AW 2900mAh 18650...and are the same price point...

makasin

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2010
San Diego
Drozd, does the Hello 016 battery have better parts in it than the Ego? As in, can it do LR atties without them dying prematurely? God I hate ego batteries. I just had 2 brand spankin new ones fry out and kill my charger. Stupid mysterious packages from china! grrr. I bought it from my ecig supply and never paid for it but they sent it anyways for some reason. should I pay them? I kinda dont want to considering they wre practically DOA and shorted out my charger to the point of meltdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread