Whats the highest voltage you vape at and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Depends on the resistance of the carto I'm using. I have some Vision v2s (3-3.2ohm) that I prefer to use at 5-5.5v because that seems to be the sweet spot for me. Ditto if I drip with 3.2ohm atties. (I've modded my Visions though so they can handle that voltage.) The Fluxomizer Deluxes I have (2.6-2.8ohm) I usually vape between 3.7-4.2v because even modded they can't seem to handle much more than that without running into wicking issues. I can add about 0.5 or so volts if I put the guts of the CE2s into a tank, much better wicking there. Dual coil or very low resistance cartos (~1.5ohm) I can't do much past 4.2v for technical reasons. (Exceeds my ProVari's 2.5A cutoff.) but HV (~3.5ohm) cartos I'll push right to 6v.

The juice also matters. Some juices have the flavour cooked right out if I push the voltage too high.

CaminoDiablo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
East Pembroke NY
Depends on the resistance of the carto I'm using. I have some Vision v2s (3-3.2ohm) that I prefer to use at 5-5.5v because that seems to be the sweet spot for me. Ditto if I drip with 3.2ohm atties. (I've modded my Visions though so they can handle that voltage.) The Fluxomizer Deluxes I have (2.6-2.8ohm) I usually vape between 3.7-4.2v because even modded they can't seem to handle much more than that without running into wicking issues. I can add about 0.5 or so volts if I put the guts of the CE2s into a tank, much better wicking there. Dual coil or very low resistance cartos (~1.5ohm) I can't do much past 4.2v for technical reasons. (Exceeds my ProVari's 2.5A cutoff.) but HV (~3.5ohm) cartos I'll push right to 6v.

The juice also matters. Some juices have the flavour cooked right out if I push the voltage too high.

So you have found that -2 ohms +/- .5 vs. the voltage is a good spot to be at, thats what I hit for myself. The CE2's rock at 5 volts in a tank I think, just amazing. At 4.2 volt my provari gives me the death screen on LR's, hate that lol. The flavor I have never had a problem with, I DIY so maybe I just thought I made a bad batch, have to try it on different volts then

DerekUrban

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2011
Fort Myers, Florida
I vape primarily 3.2v and 3.7v. I honestly don't see much of a point in going higher, as I can hit 9 watts with a Dual Coil cartomizer on a Riva, and that seems to be the sweet spot. Going higher in voltage would just mean I have to go with higher resistance cartomizers/atomizers, bringing me right back to what I have now.

Also, I really like holding my vaping device between my fingers.

CaminoDiablo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
East Pembroke NY
]
I vape primarily 3.2v and 3.7v. I honestly don't see much of a point in going higher, as I can hit 9 watts with a Dual Coil cartomizer on a Riva, and that seems to be the sweet spot. Going higher in voltage would just mean I have to go with higher resistance cartomizers/atomizers, bringing me right back to what I have now.

Also, I really like holding my vaping device between my fingers.

LOL, good point. This is my 7.4 PV but its my sweetheart. 2011-11-04_11-15-33_755.jpg

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
So you have found that -2 ohms +/- .5 vs. the voltage is a good spot to be at, thats what I hit for myself. The CE2's rock at 5 volts in a tank I think, just amazing. At 4.2 volt my provari gives me the death screen on LR's, hate that lol. The flavor I have never had a problem with, I DIY so maybe I just thought I made a bad batch, have to try it on different volts then

Yeah, there are some LRs or DCCs I can push to 4.2v but not always -- it'll vape fine and then suddenly throw an E2. But yeah, CE2s in a tank are fantastic.

Generally speaking I tend to like my vape right around 8-10 watts whenever possible. It's nice and warm, good flavour, tons of vapor. But again it'll depend on if the hardware can keep up with the wicking at that level. Sometimes I have to knock it down a few tenths of a volt so it doesn't burn through the juice too quickly. But then I usually vape 70PG/30VG so it's a little thicker. If I dropped that to 80/20 or something I could probably turn up the voltage, but I just like experience a little better with 70/30.

CaminoDiablo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
East Pembroke NY
But then I usually vape 70PG/30VG so it's a little thicker. If I dropped that to 80/20 or something I could probably turn up the voltage, but I just like experience a little better with 70/30.

I do a 50/50 mix and just love it. Too much PG doesn't do it for me, sorta make it feel like I'm vaping a light cigarette.

brianishiwa

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Instead of going on a diatribe (like I am prone to do in my responses :oops:) about the many voltages & resistance combos I use throughout the day - my favorite is like yours, 7.4v, on a DCC. More often than not I'm sure my little Tenergy's are hovering around 6v but damned if it doesn't taste divine. Extremely warm vapor, tops with regards to throat hit, with just a touch of harshness that reminds me of my analogs. It brings juices alive, especially citric and cinnamon juices. Oh, and it's killer with menthol juices.

CaminoDiablo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
East Pembroke NY
Extremely warm vapor, tops with regards to throat hit, with just a touch of harshness that reminds me of my analogs. It brings juices alive, especially citric and cinnamon juices. Oh, and it's killer with menthol juices.

That's what I mean, it's such a great flavor and feeling using a 7.4 and a 5 omh over a 3.7 and an 1.5 ohm. People say its the same thing but until they try it I believe they don't know what they are missing. The second you hit that button it hisses at you and even spits sometimes lol, its just the a whole new thing and I enjoy it so much

CaminoDiablo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
East Pembroke NY
I usually have my provari set at 5.5 using a 2.0 dual coil. Any higher setting brings on the dreaded e2 error. Using a 2.5 dual carto I love the 6.0 setting.

I lack at using my provari, I use that around 4.7 with a CE3. I have tried it at 6 volts but I believe my 5 volt Red Rocket does a better job with the same carto/atty/CE2/CE3

brianishiwa

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
That's what I mean, it's such a great flavor and feeling using a 7.4 and a 5 omh over a 3.7 and an 1.5 ohm. People say its the same thing but until they try it I believe they don't know what they are missing. The second you hit that button it hisses at you and even spits sometimes lol, its just the a whole new thing and I enjoy it so much

Wholeheartedly agree. I am one who actually enjoys the snap, crackle & pop when vaping these voltages, it's just satisfying like a crackling fire.

There is a ton of discipline required though IMO. Your cartos need to be eyed carefully and kept moist. On my 3.7v setups, you get a dry hit or slight burnt tinge & it's as simple as topping off. At 6v-7.4v, if you get to that point it's pretty much too late. I've had instances when I first started where I was happily vaping, vaping, vaping, and then BAM! Charcoal and burnt hair juice flavor experience. It burns through juices like nobody's business.

Psychomaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2011
USA
Op. You sir, are a man after my own heart. I vape at 7.4 volts as well and use an Iatty, so if it breaks, it costs me a grand total of like 20 cents to fix. As it is, I make a coil (no idea ohms or anything, dont got a multimeter) and fire it up. I love the feeling but two of my family members who smoke tried it and one almost puked...while it was kinda funny I felt bad. The third family member said there was no way in heck she was taking a hit. I showed them how to take a proper vape, but they still said it tore their throats up. I guess to each their own, but I have found what works for me. Glad to hear you found what works for you.

Edit: The flavor is good IMO, even when it burns. It never gets as bad as a LR atty at 7.4 volts. That was pure stupidity on my part...

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
While I'm capable of 7.4v, I rarely vape over 6.0v any more. And, most of the time I vape between 4.3 and 5.0 load volts. I have a couple of juices that can handle 7.4v in a 1.6 ohm dual coil, but the heat is a bit much for the roof of my mouth. So, I use those at 6.0 (which is still on the hot side). Other juices that can't take that much heat generally get used in a dual coil at either 4.3 or 5.0v.

I will mention that I also vape at 3.7 (usually around 3.5 load volts with an IMR battery) and 3.2 (ego battery with an emdcc or sometimes a map tank with a 2.4 ohm CE2). -- And I can mention that I have a VV device, but honestly, I find myself using it at the same voltages my batteries can create in other mods.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    The way I look at it is that high voltage vaping isn't better, it's just different, and I enjoy both high and low voltage vaping.
    When just sitting around the house I can kick my home made VV up to 8.4v on fresh bats if I want to. However anything less than 5ohms just kicks the protection.
    I find that most of the time I'm vaping at around 5v.
    However when I leave the house I usually take a pocket friendly 3.7v mini box mod, and I'm perfectly happy vaping at that voltage.

LMP

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 11, 2010
    SLC Utah
    Presently I drip at 7.4 volts with a high voltage 5.5omh atomizer and at 4.7 volts with a 3.2omh atomizer. The two are very similar but I keep reaching for the 7.4 volt for some reason. Also the 5.5omh atomizer never tastes burnt when it runs low on juice the vapor just gets weak and it doesn't leak if over filled, it's my favorite atomizer of all time.

JD1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 20, 2010
    KY
    Around five watts seems to be my sweet spot. I'm using a 5v PT and a 2.5 ohm topcoil at the moment. That should be close to 10 watts, but the thing is, I can't stand to keep the button on for more that about two and a half seconds. I actually prefer, albeit slightly, 3.7v regulated. That drops me back to about five and a half watts, but I can stay on the button for a long slow draw that produces good vapor and great flavor.

Dripping on a 2.0 ohm atty on my ego gives me a tad over five watts, and that's my favorite way to vape 90 percent of my juices.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread