The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

What's the hype?

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by bpurtell89, Sep 5, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. bpurtell89

bpurtell89 Senior Member

Now I'm fairly new to vaping my equipment only consists of the zephyrus tank (using the RDA) sitting on a sigelei 75w TC and the subox mini v2 black edition (collecting dust)

But I see everyone talking about the smok cube products and the DNA products
    -what makes these products so highly talked about and what do they do that what I have doesn't do?

Could be a stupid question but I can't seem to figure it out....

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekends and having a safe one at that!

2. AXIOM_1

AXIOM_1 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 6, 2015
    my own mind
    that's because they have fallen for the propaganda

• Like Like x 5
  3. bpurtell89

bpurtell89 Senior Member

So there really is no difference between my sigelei and that other than look/brand/amount of wattage it can put out?

4. Tony80

Tony80 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 16, 2015
    They all do the same thing, so as long as you like what you're using, no.

• Like Like x 1
  5. bpurtell89

bpurtell89 Senior Member

I see! Thank you for clearing that up

6. RSZ1

RSZ1 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 13, 2014
    Canada

• Like Like x 1
  7. Completely Average

Completely Average Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 21, 2014
    Suburbs of Dallas
    Why do some people think an Acura is better than a Honda? Or a Lexus is better than a Toyota?

Some people believe that more expensive automatically makes it better.

8. stevegmu

stevegmu Moved On ECF Veteran

Acura models are better than their sister Hondas. Better soundproofing, interior, better ride, better handling, better sound systems, better fit and finish...
    For China mods, no real difference...

• Like Like x 2
  9. bpurtell89

bpurtell89 Senior Member

I'm aware of that, my question was did they do something special to make them actually worth the extra money, apparently they don't.

10. dcfluegel

dcfluegel Shenaniganator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2015
    Cleveland TN
    I don't have any dna/evolv products, but I do have a Smok X Cube II - I don't really feel like I 'fell for the propaganda'... had good experience with my M80 plus, for what I used it for (NOT TC), and liked the feature set and form factor of the XCII... thus far, *I* have been very satisfied with the purchase and the product, and ultimately, that is what matters to me, since I 'voted' with my wallet on this one... ANY mod purchase can be a crap-shoot to a greater or lesser extent - even with something that has great reviews or reputation, you can certainly get a dud... overall, I have had really good experiences with my Sigelei products (have a 100w plus box and a 150w TC box) and my Smok products (m80 plus, X cube II, TFV4 tanks)... I reckon the bottom line is what features are you looking for, what is important to you and your confidence level with a manufacturer (can't say I am overly impressed with responsiveness of Smok CS, but thus far that has not been a deal breaker for me)...

for the OP, in regards to your question, I have not really felt a need to drop the extra $$ on a dna device to date - even though I know several people who use them and really like them - there was nothing in the feature set that made me go "oboy, gots to have it"... in regards to the Smok X Cube II - I got my pre-ordered one for $60... same or lower pricepoint than I am seeing on the Sig 75w TC box - so, yeah, the feature set there was definitely worth it to me (dual batteries means longer life and/or higher wattage potential - not counting the gimmicky features, lol - bluetooth app, LEDs)...

11. AXIOM_1

Jul 6, 2015
    my own mind
    Somebody must have had a bad day :rolleyes:
    I was joking with the OP like I usually do

• Like Like x 2
  12. dcfluegel

dcfluegel Shenaniganator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2015
    Cleveland TN
    lol - no worries, brother - just felt that it was worth establishing that it ain't all hype... sometimes the sh*t actually works :)

• Like Like x 2
  13. AXIOM_1

Jul 6, 2015
    my own mind
    well, I suppose I did forget to put the "I'm cracked" emoticon on like I often do :) I am quite sure it's a wonderful device.

• Like Like x 1
  14. coolerat

coolerat Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 20, 2015
    Verona,NY
    Vaping is kinda gadgery by default. Different people like different levels of gadgets.

Some people do voice calls.

I have a cell phone. Above all else in this world I hate talking on the phone. Way back in the old dayz if someone needed to get ahold of me calling was the only way. Then in the 80's answering machines became common (I wanted Jim Rockfords machine in the 70's but I digress......). So I trained people to state there bidness on the machine. Then came texting. My dream right there. State your bidness and leave me alone. Unless you own me money or I call you Mom the odds of me taking your call can't even be measured with currently available equipment.

Some people have Twitter and Snapchat and a million other things.

Modz are the same way.

Some people can only handle one button. Inability or unwillingness can not always be overcome with determination. Dear god am I glad my mother doesn't vape, my phone would be ringing non stop.

Some people can handle 3 buttons. This kinda were I'm at. I can make my modz work super well with three buttons. Any less would be useless to me and anymore would just confuse me.

Others can learn complex stuff very quickly. I don't know anyone with a DNA 200 but I know a number of people with the Cube. With the phone controls its pretty amazing what can be done. I'm smart enough to be impressed by what they can do in the hands of a skilled user but well aware how much fail they would be covered with in my hands.

A man's gotta know his limitations. A woman does also.

15. crxess

crxess Grumpy Ole Man Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    Cause it was FREE
    [​IMG]

:D

• Like Like x 2
  16. tj99959

tj99959 ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    The new kid product on the block always gets a lot of attention. (until there is a new product to take it's place)

• Like Like x 2
  17. realsis

realsis Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2014
    California
    some Mods have better "chips" than others that control different things. some mods even have computer upgrades you can do at home with certain chipsets. look very closely into the specs. find out which chip is used. do so research on the chip to see exactly what it controls, what are the reviews like?, and see if there are any existing issues with that chip. you can compare products this way and see which chipsets you feel is the better one because as far as the chip goes, they are NOT all created equal. hope this helps. best wishes.

• Like Like x 1
  18. WattWick

WattWick Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Feb 16, 2013
    Cold Norway
    The "hype" is the wailing of those who - at the press of a button - is left unsatisfied.

19. sparkky1

sparkky1 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 8, 2014
    Nashville
    EScribe Training Simulator v9.5

20. GeorgeS

GeorgeS Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    As the products we use evolve and are further refined (some in good and others not so good ways) the manufacturers will try to convince us why a new product is better than the last one that was released (be it by them or someone else) a few months, weeks or even days before.

Given that most users have different likes and dislikes it would be rare (if ever) that we all would agree on what the perfect mod or tank actually was. This actually is a bonus as the manufacturers will be endlessly trying to figure out what feature sets sell the best and as a result, constantly stuffing more features into our mods and tanks.

While in the simplest form possible, all 8 of my mods will power a tank and everyone of the two dozen tanks I own will vaporize some amount of stored juice, almost all of them have some 'flaw' which lead me to get something different in hopes of having something better. ;)

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.