What's the Longest it should take to Charge a Kgo Battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbenjamin2000

Jun 9, 2011
Des Moines
Hey guys. I just got a Kgo kit yesterday, and I love it! Finally, true 3.8v vaping! So much better than my generic 510. Anyways, I put one of the batteries on the charger this afternoon, and it hasn't charged up yet. It's been several hours, and I'm worried. What's the longest it should take?

Hopefully if one of the batteries in the kit is bad, Brent at hoosierecigsupply will exchange it.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
I wouldn't worry about it just yet, it says those batteries are 1100mah so that's quite a bit more capacity to charge up than your generic 510 was. When I was using my Riva 750mah I think it took somewhere around 1.5hrs maybe 2 if they were completely gone so it could be longer than that for yours depending on the rate of the charge.

wbenjamin2000

Jun 9, 2011
Des Moines
Thanks for the quick response guys! That only took a few minutes. I checked out the video and Doctor Vapor says it should take 5 hours to charge a standard ego battery. And, the Kgo has more capacity then that. Hopefully, when I wake up in the morning it will be fully charged. Next month I'm going to buy a spare battery so I have one in reserve.

Dubs58

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2010
Texas
When I got my Kgo kit it charged up in less than 30 mins and it lasted about 12hrs..but when I went to charge it up again the red light wouldnt come on (indicating charging). I noticed I had to force (twist the battery hard) into the charger to make contact...after that the green light on the charger turned to red (charging).
Try this to see if this works on yours.

Did you buy a Kgo duel kit or a Kgo battery and a charger ?

wbenjamin2000

Jun 9, 2011
Des Moines
I bought a dual KGO kit. Wow! I had exactly the same problem with one of my Kgo batteries! I'd try to screw it into the charger, and I had really twist it hard to get it connected. I wrote Brent and he said he stands behind these 100%. He said to send the battery to him so he could test it and replace it.

I really didn't want to do that for two reasons. One, I didn't want to be without my Kgo for a few days! Two, he was out of stock on the rubberized black. I would have had to settle for a chrome one. I'm really picky. Anyways, after a few days of putting different atomizers and carts on, and putting it on the charger a few times, everything worked itself out. It takes less time to charge now than it did originally. Battery screws on quite easily.

Can't wait to buy another kit so I have some more backup. The Kgo works with just about everything I have and hits really well everytime! I had a lot of problems with my 510, and I'm happy to retire it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread