What's the point of high wattage box mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
OKR is a great choice IMO. I just built a 10a Raptor 60w and its just great. Ive settled in at 4.5v and it delivers a great vape at that voltage, ohm range between .6 and .7. Best thing was all the parts with shipping from two different companies was under 50 bucks. I recommend getting the Varitube 22mm adjustable 510, they are $4.50 give or take a few cents. Every atty I own sits flush even my Stillare. Im not sure how the 120w Raptor vapes at normal wattages, meaning say 20 to 50 w. anything above that is really uncomfortable, at least for me it is. The 60 w board vapes great thru that range, the mod and battery's stay cool with no issues.

Good luck

smiledog

Jun 10, 2014
georgia usa
:vapor:I have had my Dovpo E Mech version 2 now for a month now. Here's my thoughts PRO's I love the solid feel (well built),Circuit boards built in the USA, Easy to use touch screen, Adjustable beauty ring makes it nice so my pro tanks sit nicely without any play,Spring loaded atty to battery makes my smaller T3S,T3D,Evod 2,16D tanks set nicely without any play. I run 2 18650 2500mah battery's and I am a chain vaporer, I can get 2 days out of them depending on the tank I use and the OHM I built the coil at .8 to 2.0 ohm. Over all a good rig. Now for the CON's The transformer logo. I don't care for it because when my grandson saw it the first thing out of his mouth was Papou (Greek for grandfather) it's a Transformer can I play? needless to say I'm looking for a cool sticker to cover it or I will paint it. The version 3 is the same as the 2 without the logo. I didn't know that it was coming out when I bought the v2. The other CON is the sleep time for the touch screen it's to long, around 10 seconds. I work outdoors and most of the time there is no where to set it down, so I carry it in my shirt pocket and if I don't wait for it to go into sleep mode it can unlock it self and change wattage or voltage. If you don't pay attention the next hit you take could be at max power.... NASTY HIT. Only 1 more CON the mini USB charger doesn't seem to fully charge the batteries like my digital wall charger. It might just be slower not really sure why.So the PROs out weigh the CONs

Last edited:

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
:vapor:I have had my Dovpo E Mech version 2 now for a month now. Here's my thoughts PRO's I love the solid feel (well built),Circuit boards built in the USA, Easy to use touch screen, Adjustable beauty ring makes it nice so my pro tanks sit nicely without any play,Spring loaded atty to battery makes my smaller T3S,T3D,Evod 2,16D tanks set nicely without any play. I run 2 18650 2500mah battery's and I am a chain vaporer, I can get 2 days out of them depending on the tank I use and the OHM I built the coil at .8 to 2.0 ohm. Over all a good rig. Now for the CON's The transformer logo. I don't care for it because when my grandson saw it the first thing out of his mouth was Papou (Greek for grandfather) it's a Transformer can I play? needless to say I'm looking for a cool sticker to cover it or I will paint it. The version 3 is the same as the 2 without the logo. I didn't know that it was coming out when I bought the v2. The other CON is the sleep time for the touch screen it's to long, around 10 seconds. I work outdoors and most of the time there is no where to set it down, so I carry it in my shirt pocket and if I don't wait for it to go into sleep mode it can unlock it self and change wattage or voltage. If you don't pay attention the next hit you take could be at max power.... NASTY HIT. Only 1 more CON the mini USB charger doesn't seem to fully charge the batteries like my digital wall charger. It might just be slower not really sure why.So the PROs out weigh the CONs

Really liking my Dovpo EMech without the logo... I never bothered to use the USB port because I'm used to changing out sets with the Raptors and mechs anyway.
I find the button and menu facility is great. Yes if you touch both of the up / down icons it unlocks the setting ( i guess your pocket can do that) but 3 clicks of the button will bring the menu to the home window and one more click turns it off ( or on).
I usually turn it off after a few vapes thinking I'm saving the batts (?)
Anyway 3 clicks, then 1 for off is easy peasy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread