What's up, everybody?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, what's up?
My name's Emy, 29, from Reggio Calabria, Italy, long-time heavy smoker since 15 years, now.
I smoked a lot of cigars, pure tobacco and different brands of cigs in these long 15 years. And now, after suffering a lot of health problems (mainly blood-pressure related, migraines and IBS-C), including also depression and social anxiety (for which I take medications) it's about time to finally kick the habit for good.
It doesn't "inspire" me anymore, and each time I take a drag from whatever brand of cig I buy/change, I only get nauseaous and very lethargic throughout the day. I always only get that sort-of drugged and spaced-out feeling, instead of that euphoric/chill-out feeling.
Anyway, I'm not very new to vaping. And I already bought my very first kit (an Aspire Zelos 50W with the Nautilus 2 Tank), along with some standard VG and PG + some pure Nicotine and I already made my very first e-juice.
However, despite having everything ready and good to go, after only 2 days of trying out vaping, I made the mistake of going back to analogs, again, as I did not noticed/get any sort of nicotine high, despite having put almost 7ml/750mg of Nicotine into my 50/50 base. And I didn't liked the fact that the battery of the atom dried out very fast, after only 8 hours of very light use.
For once I even thought about buying some Nicorette's, as I believe my Nicotine tolerance is very high (I smoke 1 1/2 pack a day of Rothmans Blue's, which have almost 1mg of Nicotine). But, after seeing the prices of their products at the pharmacy, my wallet started to cringe, literally. I know Nicorette is an FDA-approved method for quitting smoking. But, before spending some other money in other alternatives, I would really like to get the best out of the money I already spent to buy my kit and everything.
I'm not trying to get hooked to vaping or doing it as a fashion thing to show off how many clouds I can make. I'm only trying to quit smoking altogether. And after reading many success stories of people who quitted smoking thanks to vaping, I hope I can finally do it, maybe with some useful advices of long-time experienced vapers, here.
Hope someone can help me out.
See you around, ladies and gentlemen ;)

Reactions: BrotherBob

CagedSpam

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2015
FoPo, Oregon
Welcome to ECF @Emy89 !

7ml/750mg of Nicotine
This part is a little fuzzy, it sounds like 10mg/ml strength?

In lower power higher resistance set ups people often go to 18mg/ml or more. I started at 18mg for a year or so.

I'm only trying to quit smoking altogether
Glad you made it here, we're always willing to help:)

Reactions: Emy89
Welcome to ECF @Emy89 !

This part is a little fuzzy, it sounds like 10mg/ml strength?

In lower power higher resistance set ups people often go to 18mg/ml or more. I started at 18mg for a year or so.

Glad you made it here, we're always willing to help:)

Yeah, the strenght is of 7mg/ml.
I used my Aspire Zelos with the 0.7ohm coil running between 18-20w.
I know I should've probably used more Nicotine. But was advised by a friend of mine to start low to see how I reacted to it, and see if I liked the idea of vaping or not.
I managed to smoke only 1 cig on those 2 days I tried vaping. So it has been a very good start, for me, despite all the problems I encountered in making my e-juice and set everything up correctly.
The only problem that made me jump back to analogs, one more time, again, was that I was very frustrated and disappointed that the 2500mah battery only lasted 8 hours (under light use), instead of 2-3 days as it should have been (according to some reviews).
Not having another unit, I didn't had anything else other than traditional cigs to replace my Nicotine intake.
I should probably buy another more powerful unit for Xmas (when I have some moneys to spend for myself), and use some Nicorettes gums when the atom is charging, during this time. Only problem is that I fear of having a sort-of Nicotine overdose. :(
That said, is there someone, on here, who has alternated vaping and gums successfully?
Will be very interesting to know if I can alternate vaping and gums.
Thanks for your help, guys.
I really appreciate your advices! ;)

Hello Emy Welcome to ECF. I'm currently vaping 10mg nicotine. I started almost 6 months ago on 18mg nicotine. Slowly trying to cut down on nicotine, but I'm kinda happy atm on 10mg. No ciggies here for almost 6 months. Find out what strength nic is for you

Thanks.
Will try, again, maybe, adding 3mg more of Nicotine.
I'm currently have a base of 500ml, which consists of 50% of VG and 50% of PG, along with 10ml of Tobacco flavour.
I don't know if 18mg of Nicotine can be safely added into this mix. And seem a little bit too much, for me, to be honest.
Last I read is that for adding more Nicotine in your juice you need to have at least a 1 liter base. But that can be wrong, though.
Anyway, my plan is to reduce Nicotine to 0 within 2 weeks, at least.
I already take Valium (20mg) along with Paroxetine (Paxil 10mg) for my depression/chronic anxiety and anxiety-induced IBS flare-ups, and sometimes I don't even feel the need to light up a cig at all, when i'm studying.....even after 8 hours of not having smoked. So the meds, in terms of Nicotine-induced and general anxiety, definitely help.
So I might as well trying to make another juice without any nicotine at all and try that for a few days and see how that goes.

jdy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Damn. Sounds way too much.
Did you get sick, somehow, with that much nicotine? Any side effects?
How much VG/PG you used to add that much nicotine?
Hi Emy,
I started vaping at 36mg nic. with 70VG / 30PG and brought the level down when the cigarette cravings went down. Worked well, when you've reached the dependency level of nicotine in your system, you'll be comfortable setting the devise down and focusing on other activities. Drink lots of water and keep trying do NOT give in to the cigarettes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Emy89

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Damn. Sounds way too much.
Did you get sick, somehow, with that much nicotine? Any side effects?
How much VG/PG you used to add that much nicotine?
No I never got sick from the higher mg. When my body let me know ir was time I would lower nic by 1-2mg. After 4 or 5 years now I've settled in at 8mg. I use 70-90vg juices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread