Status
Not open for further replies.

radicalfrog

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2009
Boothbay Harbor Maine
www.mstsbakery.com
While ya'll are here I thought I would give ya'll something different to talk about LMAOOOOOOOO

OMG there is this on-going thing in my family that just makes me so frustrated. I was born and raised in Pennsylvania. I was brought up that you put gravy, creamed corn or regular corn and even sauerkraut! I married my hubby and had 2 kids and ended up in Maine. My husband and his family doesn't put anything on his potatoes! I mean nothin ....they are naked! This big white blob just sittin there screaming for gravy! LMAOOO Now my youngest is doing it! And it just makes me want to hide the gravy in there somehow LMAOOO

I guess what I am asking is ....do ya'll put anything on your mashed potatoes? Help me understand why ya'll eat naked potatoes!

Not saying there is anything wrong with it but......IT ANNOYS ME BIG TIME!!!!

Smooches
Ms T

ambeck22

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Not much help because here in WV we tend to like that kinda thing (noodles, gravy, green beans, corn, chicken, etc.) on our potatoes, too. Doesn't matter if they are mashed or baked or buttered (boiled) potatoes. Even the restaurants offer gravy or "loaded" with cheese, bacon bits, butter, and sour cream. Garlic mashed potatoes or mashed potatoes with the skin on them are big at the more "uptown" restaurants, as well.

misplacedsooner

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2011
stillwater, oklahoma
well, i am an authority on potatoes!!!!
baked.... butter..real butter only, salt, pepper, sour cream, real bacon bits, lots of cheese perhaps chives.
mashed.... butter, oh, slop on the gravy big time with salt and pepper
fried..... can be good with just salt and pepper but gravy is good too.
hash browns...... cooked in bacon grease, topped with 3 eggs over easy, topped with sausage gravy then shredded cheese and salt and pepper.

radicalfrog

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2009
Boothbay Harbor Maine
www.mstsbakery.com
I actually lived in Mississippi, Florida, New Jersy, Pennsylvania and then lastly Maine. We have eatin in a lot of places and even here in Maine they don't serve gravy on the potatoes and look at me like a am a weirdo when I ask for gravy LMAOOOOO

You should have seen my father-in-law when I put sauerkraut on his potatoes. He bout freaked. But he gave it a chance and HE LOVED IT!!!!

So maybe it is just Maine that is not up for the gravy thing LMAOOOOO

Smooches
Ms T

Shiryo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
SoCal
My dad is from NY, he eat mashed taters smothered in butter and salt, essentially naked, and cannot stand sour cream or ANYTHING on his tates. For the longest time till I was about... 11, when I started ordering adult portioned meals at restaurants and found my love for gobs of sour cream and chives doused in tons of butter and sprinkled with handfuls of salt. I had them naked otherwise prior to those years with the occasional gravy dousings during the holidays.

I love anything in my potatoes... I had older friends who cooked amazing dinners occasionally that were from Oklahoma. They made a porkchop and baked potato with chili dinner. It was amazing. I pounded up the pork-chop and threw it in my potato and they looked at me funny and laughed. I then proceeded to douse the chili, sour cream and gobs of cheddar on top. Most amazing potato I ever had in my whole life. I wish there were chives, oh god i'm getting hungry just thinking of it now.

Potatoes are so amazing... I think i'ma get some chili cheese fries today.

Last edited:

CayCay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2011
Austin TX
My dad is from NY, he eat mashed taters smothered in butter and salt, essentially naked, and cannot stand sour cream or ANYTHING on his tates. For the longest time till I was about... 11, when I started ordering adult portioned meals at restaurants and found my love for gobs of sour cream and chives doused in tons of butter and sprinkled with handfuls of salt. I had them naked otherwise prior to those years with the occasional gravy dousings during the holidays.

I love anything in my potatoes... I had older friends who cooked amazing dinners occasionally that were from Oklahoma. They made a porkchop and baked potato with chili dinner. It was amazing. I pounded up the pork-chop and threw it in my potato and they looked at me funny and laughed. I then proceeded to douse the chili, sour cream and gobs of cheddar on top. Most amazing potato I ever had in my whole life. I wish there were chives, oh god i'm getting hungry just thinking of it now.

Potatoes are so amazing... I think i'ma get some chili cheese fries today.

My most FAVORITE thing to do with left over steak is to cut it up and spinkle it on a baked potato with the cheese, sour cream, butter, etc... To me, potatoes are equal to a dry piece of toast.... SOMETHING belongs on top of it!

Wate2028

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
sc
My most FAVORITE thing to do with left over steak is to cut it up and spinkle it on a baked potato with the cheese, sour cream, butter, etc... To me, potatoes are equal to a dry piece of toast.... SOMETHING belongs on top of it!

What is this left over steak that you speak of, I've never experienced such a thing.

KnotGillty

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2012
Sacramento CA
You're too funny Tammy

I'm not a big fan of naked potatos either

Attachments

• images dictator.jpg
    images dictator.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Status