What's your age & what are you vaping right now ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I'm almost 62 and what I have in the tank on the mod I'm holding this minute is a lightly fruited custard that I make. All my flavors are fruits, desserts, or candy flavors and I make all my own. I can't stand tobacco flavor, to the point I can't be in the room if my husband is vaping one of his tobacco juices. (He makes his own, I can't open the bottle.) Makes me gag, which is so weird because I grew up with smokers and actively smoked my own damn self for over 42 years.

To think that adults don't like "flavors" is absurd. I would like to ask some of these ANTZ if they only eat unflavored oatmeal mush every day, every meal. Because that's apparently what "adults" should be eating, since we shouldn't like flavors. Oh, and our furniture and walls and cars and clothes should all be beige. So silly...
Re: adults vaping flavours.....

I would hazard a guess that almost 100% of vaping adults try tobacco flavour initially. Likely less than 20% of adults who vape long term continue using tobacco flavours.

I grew to hate tobacco flavours after a month or two and am unsure if I would still be vaping if fruit/bakery flavours weren’t available. Actually, I am almost positive my wife and I would have gone back to our $7000/year smoking habit.

stratus.vaping

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2018
UK & much further East.
67 this year... jeepers I had to check :w00t: I have a rotation just now of squonk = Wick Liquor Deja Voodoo with a dash of Contra + CBD liquid. A test Teros One with XVX Wild Strawberry 0mg and for outings an eRoll Mac with straight full-spectrum CBD and an iJust Mini with some Sour Apple 3Mg I made more than a year ago ( I only need Nic if I go to the pub!)

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I don't know that we are so different, I mean, one of my grandfather's was in a band.. it was just grandpa music, which is what kids today think of our music.. lol..

I just think we forget that perception changes as we grow older.. looking at my grandparents through my eyes today I'm sure they weren't that much different from me.

My husband and I just saw an advertisement for "Temptation Island" and we both think that was just weird.. something my husband said he never imagined he would say about a TV show.. now he thinks he's turning into his dad.. lol

I agree. Generations change lots of things from their parents and grandparents. I grew up in the beach music and then what's now called the classic rock era. I still enjoy the rock music I grew up with. I have little love for most of today's popular music, especially the Rap stuff. Generations change and who knows what drives their music tastes.

The good part is that people our age will pay a couple of thousand or more for a 3 or 4 hour band gig if they like the talent and the music style. :)

Last edited:

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa
Unflavored with a touch of traditional tobacco....been that way since 2009....tried flavors, kept going back to mild tobacco....down to 0 nic....and I don't inhale anymore...it's the hand to mouth habit I can't break.
Oops.....68 years young!

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I agree. Generations change lots of things from their parents and grandparents. I grew up in the beach music and then what's now called the classic rock era. I still enjoy the rock music I grew up with. I have little love for most of today's popular music, especially the Rap stuff. Generations change and who knows what drives their music tastes.

The good part is that people our age will pay a couple of thousand or more for a 3 or 4 hour band gig if they like the music style. :)
I think Rockband and other video games have made “classic rock” accessible to the current generation. My older kids are in their 20s and listen to Zeppelin, Rush, AC/DC, Metallica, Stones, etc.

I still gig a couple times a month (bassist) and when we do classic rock, the crowd is generally in their 20’s. Of course my gigs are generally 10pm-2am, so most of us old farts are in bed. :lol:

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
71 and vaping caramel custard. I'm trying to find out what it's going to cost juice making companies to get an FDA approval.

there is some info in the deeming thread. But best estimates say at least in the 100s of 1000s of $ per flavour to my knowledge

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Re: adults vaping flavours.....

I would hazard a guess that almost 100% of vaping adults try tobacco flavour initially. Likely less than 20% of adults who vape long term continue using tobacco flavours.

I grew to hate tobacco flavours after a month or two and am unsure if I would still be vaping if fruit/bakery flavours weren’t available. Actually, I am almost positive my wife and I would have gone back to our $7000/year smoking habit.
I love this video. It's the testamony of a vape shop owner in the Michigan hearings. He claims 99% of his customers vape flavors. His oldest, an 87 year old grandmother, vapes Fruity COPYRIGHTDMCA Cereal. Who says adults don't like sweet and fruity flavors? The responses in this thread confirms the vast majority of them do.

Mark_Slis-Michigan_Testimony-2019-09-12.mp4

prod_ec_2264876002

Last edited:

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
Useful data,, cant really create a board cuz if inactive it gets closed,,,but in our profile if we could get age, time vaping, time as a smoker,,,, & location would help those trying to connect . I'm more than happy to help out someone near me.

Maybe we should create a running list people could add their names to a list of states (on another thread so we don't highjack this one)

Dont expect AARP to help us,,, they are very pro pharma

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Weird. Im 60ish and it was common around folks that I knew and relatives that candy and sweets stopped at a very young age. After I stopped receiving candy for Christmas and Easter (around 10yrs?) I never ate it again really. It was looked upon as a childish want. My kids shared candy with me @ Halloween, and it just sat until I sneaked it back to them or tossed it.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    66-DIY since 2010

Strawberry-kiwi
    Blueberry Raspberry mix
    Bubble gum
    Sweet tea
    Boysenberry + Raspberry mix

just to name a few. Variety is the Spice of life. Tobacco flavoring has never appealed to me since getting off of the smokes. I would vape unflavored before returning to something that even mimics the taste of a cigarette.

airidosas252

Jan 23, 2019
    Šiauliai
    I'm 23, currently vaping some nic salts from my fellow brothers in Latvia. Called Salt Vape Brew Co. by ProVape. They aren't expensive, packs a punch and taste pretty damn good.
    They have Vanilla Tobacco, which is really damn good, one of my favorite tobacco based e-liquid.

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    I'm 23, currently vaping some nic salts from my fellow brothers in Latvia. Called Salt Vape Brew Co. by ProVape. They aren't expensive, packs a punch and taste pretty damn good.They have Vanilla Tobacco, which is really damn good, one of my favorite tobacco based e-liquid.
    Are you aware that Provape is going to stop making e-liquid? Pretty sure its the same company.
    Provari Fuel

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    Of course. Very complicated though! ;)

12-18% TFA Grape Candy (we find 15% works best)
    2-3% Lorann Cotton Candy (we use 2% generally)

That’s it. All my wife has vaped in over 4 years. I make it by the litre for her.

I make it for a few friends as well. Tastes great and simple to make.

Gosh, better write that down! But seriously, thank you :)

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 28, 2013
    The Clemson Tigers State
    there is some info in the deeming thread. But best estimates say at least in the 100s of 1000s of $ per flavour to my knowledge

If true and I have no reason to doubt you it's the end of buying ejuice online or in a local vape store.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread