What's Your Favorite "Tobacco" Flavor And Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I am only vaping tobacco flavor juice. What is your favorite tobacco flavor and why? How does it taste to you? I am a raging newbie, but am trying to catch up fast as I can. Haven't had a cigarette in about 4 days.

So what level of nicotine do you use, what flavor, how is the throat hit, what do you like about it.

Thank you so much.

Mike P.

Last edited:

MizK

Jul 28, 2013
Columbus, OH
Welcome to the wide world of vaping, prepare to be overwhelmed! :p I like tobacco juices too, but they're definitely very hit or miss! I don't know why, but it seems like they can go wrong easily. There are a lot of yuck ones out there! My personal favorite tobacco flavor, and the first one I ever tried that I liked, is Buckeye Vapors Gypsy Hunter. I do 18 mg nicotine. To me, it's got a really nice rich creamy flavor, with a bit of caramel mixed in. Maybe a hint of vanilla too. It's not particularly sweet; I do not like sweet flavors. Not in food or in e-juice, I just do not have a sweet tooth. It's got a bit of sweetness with the caramel, but it's not at all overpowering and it's balanced out nicely by the tobacco flavor. The throat hit is alright, I wish it were a little stronger, to be honest, but it still doesn't keep this from being one of my standard all day vapes and something I always have a bottle of. I find myself puffing away like a crazy person when I'm vaping it because it's just so tasty! If you're looking for a traditional cigarette flavor, this is not it. I'd definitely recommend it if you like tobacco juices though. Well-balanced, rich, and different in a good way.

MizK

Jul 28, 2013
Columbus, OH
I want to add, don't pigeonhole yourself with flavors. I felt the same way as you when I first started, I figured I would only like tobacco juices because I thought the only other options were sweet and/or fruity flavors, which I really didn't like and still don't. There are endless options when it comes to flavors though! Once I went to a vape shop and tried a whole bunch of different ones, I found that I liked a lot of things outside of tobacco flavors. Find a brick & mortar vape shop where you can sample flavors and go crazy! You'll surprise yourself, I promise. Don't just stick to one thing!

Thank you for your input!

The fellow at tbe "vapory" here in town kinda smiled when I told him I was only interested in tobacco flavors. He said that'll change...

I've been on disability for a while now and of course get paid once a month. I suspect I'll be down there on the third.

I came home with this Itaste EP and a kanger t3 tank. I thought it was a cool setup, but the kanger leaked like crazy so I'm back to the stock Itaste tank, which so far works fine. Just no rebuilding.

I'm trying to find a variable mod that is intuitive whereas it will 'sense" the tank and either set the proper starting point, our at least suggest it.

I have read thee provari will do that, but I'm by no means ready to spend $225+ for a starter kit. I'm looking for something cheaper that will at least read the tank and suggest where I should start.

Thanks again for your reply. I hope you're having a great day.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
I think Backwood's Brew has an excellent line of tobacco's. I vaped Casablanca, Applewood, Backo (somewhat like the red & white box cigs) and an assortment of others for quite a long time.

Casablanca is smooth with a beautiful "pipe tobacco" smell and simply satisfied my taste. It's not a cig taste, no added ash flavor, but rich and not harsh at the same time. I highly recommend Backwood's Brew. I think you'll find their flavor descriptions very accurate. Sorry, I'm not so great at descriptions.

I now often use liquids with more of a slight tobacco note and not overly sweet. I've come to enjoy the nuances of other flavor blends, something I couldn't even taste when I started vaping. (NiteLiteVaper Gold, Bounty Hunter etc.)

Early on when it came to flavors, I only knew if I could tolerate it or not -- and found I could tolerate and later quite enjoy most all of Back Woods Brew's offerings. Casablanca soon became my most re-ordered flavor.

Wishing you the best in this venture.

CabinetGuyScott

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2014
Detroit
customcabinetsbycasey.com

The fellow at tbe "vapory" here in town kinda smiled when I told him I was only interested in tobacco flavors. He said that'll change...

I've been on disability for a while now and of course get paid once a month. I suspect I'll be down there on the third.

I came home with this Itaste EP and a kanger t3 tank. I thought it was a cool setup, but the kanger leaked like crazy so I'm back to the stock Itaste tank, which so far works fine. Just no rebuilding.

I'm trying to find a variable mod that is intuitive whereas it will 'sense" the tank and either set the proper starting point, our at least suggest it.

I have read thee provari will do that, but I'm by no means ready to spend $225+ for a starter kit. I'm looking for something cheaper that will at least read the tank and suggest where I should start.

In regards to an upgrade such as you describe, and with a budget in mind...

Many people recommend the iTaste products such as the vv3 or MVP I just received my MVP in today's vapemail, with the buy-decision driven by recommendations and lots of research.

The vv3 can be found anywhere from $25 (Fasttech) to $42 like at my local shop. The MVP (with a good tank included!) is anywhere from $40 to $65.

I bought my MVP from Mt. Baker Vapor for $60 - 10% discount code (try ve10), + 2 bottles of great juice ($10 value) + free shipping = $54 out of pocket, $44 after value of the free juices.

Btw, you get a free full-size 15ml sample with purchases over $15 (tell them what you want in the order comments section - otherwise they pick one for you).

One last suggestion on juices (because getting the right flavors is critical to success)... Buy a bottle of flavors you like the most. MBV sells the flavors separately, so for example I have caramel candy, café coffee, sweetner & toasted marshmallow that I can add to any juice that might need a little tweaking to make it just right. I have salvaged many juices that weren't good enough the way they were. :2cool:

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)

The only changeable battery mod I know that does that is the E-Vic....and I'm not sure how good that feature is. One additional nice feature though is that one has the choice of USB charging or using a separate battery charger.

With any variable it is always good to start low and work one's way up. Soon you will learn what you like. The Twist/Spinner type batteries are really easy to do that with. It may be a good idea for one of those batteries to be your next battery purchase. If you get one with an ego or 510 connection you will have tons of "toppers" to select from.

When it comes to the "toppers" I'm an Aspire fan. One nice feature is that there are several styles of topper that all use the same replacement coil heads. It's big brother, the Nautilus, is a bit pricey, uses a similar but not compatable replacement coil head and has other real improvements. I wouldn't invest in a Nautilus until you choose a larger form factor mod.

Bigflyrodder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Boston, MA
My all day bacco is Hava Gold by Alien Vision. Have all the Backwoods Brews too which I rotate in for a different taste and while I know they are bacco backbone they aren't good old bacco flavor to me. On the cheap, if you're looking for a juice that tastes like cig, closest I have found is Dekang Desert Ship or Dark USA mix but I prefer the Desert Ship. To each their own.

Bigflyrodder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Boston, MA
And then there's Boba's Bounty...oooooh Boba's.

Falls into the tobacco group for sure but very hard to explain the flavor. It's my fav for dripping by far, just love the stuff. It's that nice warm satisfying after meal vape that just hits the right spot when you need it to, it's that refreshing mid-afternoon pick me up kind of vape, and it's that late evening time to settle down vape.

Did I mention I like it? A lot?

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Hi Mike. Congratulations on giving up the cigarettes. Tobacco flavors will vary depending on who your vendor is. The best example I can give you is RY4. Everybody makes one but none of them taste the same. Some will use more vanilla, some more caramel, some more tobacco flavor. Cheap does not mean bad flavor. Expensive and famous does not mean you will love it. Try samples when and where you can.

On the device you are talking about. I have a Provari Mini. They are wonderful, but they are expensive and you will want to use better juice delivery devices to enjoy them so it gets expensive.

The closest you are going to get to a device that will help you figure out at what setting your juice tastes the best is to get a variable voltage and/or a variable wattage device. The most bang for the buck is the MVP2 for around $40 to $60. It is vv/vw and you can use 510 or ego threading. Cheap way to see if you even want or need a more high end battery device. The Twist or Spinner is vv for even less money but much smaller form factor. And the Itaste vv3.

I started vaping with NiteLiteVapor Gold tobacco at 24mg. Loved that tobacco (maple sweet tobacco) for 6 to 7 months and then started dropping my nicotine level and trying different flavors and liking them. I still vape Ahlusion Smooth Criminal and Caramel Wild Wood and a few others. But now I like the Teas. They give a similar impact as a tobacco.

You will find what you like. It just takes time and trial and error.

Last edited:

dash

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2009
Colorado
I can't really help you too much on the device except to say I have Provari mini and love it. It still needs tweaked though to find your own personal sweet spot. By this I mean depending on the coil resistance you need to change the settings.
As far as juice. I only use one, Halo Prime15. Plain and not sweet tobacco flavor with just the slightest hint of cocoa on the exhale.
:vapor:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Another flavor that varies a LOT from vendor to vendor, I've unfortunately found, is Virginia. This is my favorite vape, the one that got me to quit smoking, but ONLY the Virginia from myfreedomsmokes.com -- it's so much like the taste of Virginia Slims cigarettes, I could taste the similarity AT ONCE, and yeah, it got me to quit smoking, because I soon realized that it's really LOTS BETTER than the taste of cigarettes!

But if you're using a top-coil clearo, you may want to steer clear of it. It's a very delicate, aromatic flavor, and when I first got my iTaste vv3, I tried the Virginia in the iClear16 that came with the iTaste, and it SUCKED; the top-coil's heat just destroyed the flavor. For this flavor you NEED a bottom-coil clearo. I have a couple of kanger T3S tanks, and in those, the Virginia is GREAT.

The Virginia from Hangsen is also not bad, though just a *hair* towards a pipe-tobacco taste; not unpleasantly so. But it needs at least a week of steeping, maybe even 2, before it really tastes like much of anything. The MFS Virginia, on the other hand, is great right out of the mailbox, and gets better over the few days to a week that I have it before it's all gone. :D

Andria

pipster

ECF Veteran

The best deal for a budget is the MVP2...no doubt. Long battery life, VV/VW. I also have the VV3's.. good too but battery life 1/3 of the MVP2. I am told Ahlusion is your best bet for Tobacco's (just placed my first order tonight) I also hear good things about Mountain Oak Vapors and Vermillion River for tobaccos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread