What's your PG/VG ratio? Reccomendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rothman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2010
Aviano, Italy
STAND BACK!!!! I'm going to attempt to create some liquid. It's a frightening thing...

Anyway, what is your favorite/best ratio of PG and VG to create the most vapor. I'm looking to fog up the room. Don't want a VG only mix. Have you found any additives that help vapor production ie. alcohol, different kind of glycerine, etc....? What is the ratio for that if you have?

What are your personal preferences/reccomedations? The more info the better!
:vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor:

SimpleSins

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2010
SW Iowa
I'm a bit of a vapor 'ho', and find that for me a roughly 70/30 mix works. I don't really do exact measurements since they're only for my consumption, but have a bottle of premixed base that is 2/3 PG and 1/3 VG, and I draw from this into a smaller bottle with my flavorings (which are usually PG based) and nic if I'm using it in that batch (I vape anywhere from 0-10). The VG is what is going to give you the vapor, so things like the PG and alcohol thin down the VG and therfore the vapor production.

BadHabit

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2010
Ego
50/50 and 60/40 seems to put out alot of vapor for me but still give me a good throat hit and nicotine feeling........might need to get into this mixing my own stuff too....

I am curious to know what it is that causes the so-called throat hit. I suspect what happens is, when you inhale a large enough amount of PG, it takes (attracts) moisture from your throat and expels it when you exhale. I suspect the dryness it causes your throat makes it feel like the throat burning sensation you get with an analog.

Krazirob

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
Cameron, NC
I am curious to know what it is that causes the so-called throat hit. I suspect what happens is, when you inhale a large enough amount of PG, it takes (attracts) moisture from your throat and expels it when you exhale. I suspect the dryness it causes your throat makes it feel like the throat burning sensation you get with an analog.

not sure about all that as im not a chemist but i can agree to that......lol

Springbird

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2010
Connecticut
I use a 50/50 ratio. Not too dry, lots of vapor. Too much PG feels dry and sandpapery to me. People have very different reactions to things. I agree with Breaktru's advice, experiment and find what works best for you. If you give it a try, mix in small batches when you are trying something new. I have a great time mixing my own. I really enjoy thinking of new flavor combinations and of course,the whole mad scientist thing.

Rothman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2010
Aviano, Italy
The top 3 mix preferences according to the poll here on ECF are 50/50, 20vg/80pg VG, and straight PG, in that order. TIme will change that as more people answer.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/polls/99025-what-pv-vg-ratio-do-you-like-best.html

Thanks! It's wierd, I searched the site for a while and still didn't find that. I knew there had to have been a thread about this elsewhere...

Thanks for the input guys/gals. Your wisdom will make my juice that much better!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread