What's your preferred/best performing coil build + atty combination?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muggs

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
CT
www.advancesmart.com
Love this .8ohm dual coil with organic cotton. Not the best pic but nothing you haven't seen before.

30 gage, 6 wraps per side on a Helios rda using a 2mm precision bit.

muggs-albums-coild-building-picture323840-8ohm-dual-coil-helios-cotton.jpg

Last edited:

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
RM2 with air hole opened to my liking and post holes opened up (embarrassed to say I don't remember sizes), 1.35mm ID 5 or 6 wrap MM (.6mmX.07mm Kqnthal ribbon twisted till it folds then 3 of those back twisted till interlocked) touching .7 or .8ohm, Koh Gen Do cotton, sometimes lung sometimes mouth to lung. My Grand has fuse mod and brass firing pin. Like DIY sweet flavors and fruity flavors.

2520c40c27619bb869bebc540aa390f9_zps4350f2ce.jpg

Taylor7617

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Humble, Texas, United States
I've pretty much settled in on .95 to 1 ohm coils. Using the Wire Gizmo and 1.5 mm mandril. 7 wraps 28 guage Kanthal spaced coils and 2mm ready-wick threaded into the coils on RM2 with 1/16" air hole. This setup is working perfect for all my juices and I don't see the need to experiment with coils or change anything for quite a while.

I can do this build with my eyes closed, well almost, consistently. Then mount it 2 to 3 mm off the deck right in front of the air hole and it vapes great. Put the same coil in my Cyclone AFC and it too is working perfectly.

Took me experimenting with different builds over a few weeks to settle here. Now I'm a happy camper.

Why spaced coils ...??

Ian444

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
QLD, Australia
My (and my wife's) preferred setup is an RM2 with microcoil - 8 turns of 30 gauge Kanthal wound on a 1/16" drill bit for 1.7 ohms, and a cotton wick. I also like the Cyclone without AFC, and the Igo-bf from Reosmods, with the same coil. If you are coming from a Kanger PT this might be a good place to start from to ease into the rba's.

rudy4653

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
CT
For me spaced coils seem to have a little more flavor and hold a little more juice. But they are harder to wrap a consistent coil with.

I agree! Escpecially with the xc wick! You need not leave alot of space just a little. Kind of a hybrid microcoil. Small tight wraps but just a little space .After I build I give a good squonk and you can see the juice soaking into the ceramic wick between the wraps and stays there. Hit the button then ...clouds! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread