Status
Not open for further replies.

*ASH*

لــــونــــــا
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Germany
I never wanted to quit. My ciggies were my best friend till I by chance picked up an e cig to use while visiting someone in the hospital and never looked back.

I think this one of the resons that make me go for e-cig that I dont want to quit as i use to smoke and that make me control my anger most of time :D

And thanks for sandscards, ponytail & Maile for sharing the more post and story i read the more it's approve for me that it was the best step I'v ever made to be an Vap Person :D

Hi Ashes,

I've smoked for 6 years - not terribly long, but have decided to quit for health benefits. After quitting I realize that smoking has been quite integrated into my life and work - it's a moment to relax, reflect, and have a mental break. Quitting has actually taken a toll on my work productivity, cigarettes were something I could rely on no matter what happens - they are like my "soul mate" as you have put it, so I have decided to go with e-cigs and give it a shot.

I live in Canada so there are many brands that will not pass the Canadian customs, so I am still currently looking for one and the KR8 seems like a decent choice.

*ASH*

لــــونــــــا
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Germany
Hi Ashes,

I've smoked for 6 years - not terribly long, but have decided to quit for health benefits. After quitting I realize that smoking has been quite integrated into my life and work - it's a moment to relax, reflect, and have a mental break. Quitting has actually taken a toll on my work productivity, cigarettes were something I could rely on no matter what happens - they are like my "soul mate" as you have put it, so I have decided to go with e-cigs and give it a shot.

I live in Canada so there are many brands that will not pass the Canadian customs, so I am still currently looking for one and the KR8 seems like a decent choice.

Nice so at less you fund a way out , And am here in Qatar until now am not sure if they will pass my order or what they will do ?
I dont know whyin some country they not alow it ! And I will never believe it's coz of the health as am 100% sure that no one will care about any one health if that will bring more money from normal smoke.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Being 65, here's my lil' story fer ya'll:

Started smoking full time as an 18 yo in basic training ('65)... mostly two+ PaD ever since.

Eighteen years ago I quit cold turkey by my own choosing. Day-um, I was miserable. After four weeks I told my bride that I was thinking about starting smoking again. She encouraged, "Give it a while longer." Well, six weeks later, after gaining 27 pounds and making life miserable for everyone around me; family, friends, coworkers, acquaintances AND strangers, I told my bride that I was gonna start smoking again. Her response, "Please do!"

My three daughters, young teens at the time, have since then told me that those ten weeks were the worst in their lives. WHOA! Well, I knew I HAD to quit but didn't want to put anyone through my misery again. HOT DAY-UM, found this site and made a few well informed purchases, thanx to the wonderful folk here.

Here I am after 47 years of two PaD, one year and two days in on a freakin' fantastic journey; tobacco free, no stomped kittens, no road rage AND no being a b*tch with balls! And I'm one of the lucky vapers in that my first vape was the absolute end to my 'bakky habit.

I tell my story to give encouragement for those looking for FREEDOM from 'bakky. If there was ever a 'poster boy' for why and how to quit, here I is!
abused.gif

Yelsew Skraps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2012
Texas Panhandle
I really really enjoyed smoking, but I began to get tired of finding a place to smoke, I didn't smoke in the house, couldn't smoke in the office, etc. How many years I was in the field so I could puff away any time I wanted to, but when I went to an office job so did that luxury. I never really wanted to quit, sure I would tell people I needed to quit but I didn't mean it. My breathing started to get worse, I was winded easily, and was coughing alot more than I used to. So after 25 years of PAD smoking I decided to try e cigs. Got burnt with a smoking anywhere kit (way to high for not a good device), so I abandoned the effort to quit. Then one day I bought a Mystic kit at a truck stop, wasn't bad, wasn't great, but better than the first one I had. So I gave it a go doing both for awhile and thinking about quitting. I bought a Boge BUD at the ecig shop in MN and that day decided I could do it no problem. Now I have a LT and several EGO batts etc, lots of juice and no desire for an analogue. This has become a hobby almost now, but this forum is such a wealth of information and opens you up to so many options and devices that I just have to try!

mirage34

Feb 18, 2012
malaysia
i started smoking when i stopped playing tennis. if i can recall correctly it was my senior yr when peers started drinking and trying stuff out. i became a chain smoker. i smoked 2 packs in a day. a few yrs back i lost my dad to lung cancer. i decided to stop cold turkey but it did not last, maybe because my will was weak. last yr i was head hunted for a job in malaysia. we were in the office auditorium and i saw a guy puffing something. come week end i saw the guy again at the basketball courts, apparently his condo was near mine so after the game we got to talk. he pulled his PV out and started dragging. i asked what is it. he went on with discussing, and we became friends then. after a couple of months he mentioned that his wife will be visiting and asked me if i wanted anything from our country i asked him if she could bring one of those units that's how i ended up with my first PV the LEO.

when i got my 1st unit i did not stop smoking completely but it was reduced from 2 packs a day to one. a few more weeks passed then it was 1 pack in a week. after 2 more months it was 3-5 sticks in a week. come october last year till this day i am analog free. except for one day last week when i left my pv at home

mg7454

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2011
ROFL
Hi Ashes,

I see that you are new to ECF.
Welcome!
There are threads for Canadian ECF members.
Maybe you can get some helpful information about where to purchase your vaping supplies from there.
There are several threads, I would go to the search box above the threads and type in Canadian threads to see where they are!
Congratulations on your choice to quit smoking and start vaping, eh?
:laugh:

gallahant

Apr 10, 2012
Cyprus
Hello all, my story is i started smoking at the age of 15, influenced from some other guys at school. Was a REALLY bad move that haunted me until 2 months ago. (now 31) I tried an e-cig some 3 years ago, one of those small cigs that looked like the real thing. It had those prefilled cartos with the filler inside, but never really liked it and only lasted bout 2 weeks. Then 2 months ago i saw a guy at work holding an ego-t and asked him where he got it. I went straight away and picked up an ego-c starter kit and 2 bottles of juice. Because i didnt like the juices i searched the net for e-shops and slowly i found more and more about the wonderful world of vaping. Im still on my Ego-C, pretty much satisfied with it and havent had a single analogue since day 1, but now waiting to get my hands on a sparkling chrome provari. I already converted 4 friends of me to vaping and they all love it, hope i can convert as many as i can.

So, vape on!

Jolteon

Apr 10, 2012
KC Metro Area
I started smoking when I was around 17 years old. I remember everyone at the Hardee's I worked at smoked, so naturally I joined in after a while. The dumbest thing about picking up the habit was I remember having to force myself to like it. Then once I had smoked long enough, I was hooked. Since 2007 or so I've been quitting for various lengths of time, and with various NRT methods. Even still, each quit attempt ended in failure due to my desire to continue smoking when I would go out, bbq, work on my cars, etc.

About a week ago I decided to try an eCig so I picked up a Blu disposable. I had already done some research on eCigs and knew Blu wasn't favored, but I figured if I liked it well enough, I'll dive right in to the vaping world. Well, I did like it (well enough anyway) and decided to pick up a Volt starter kit from Smokeless Image. So far I'm loving it, but I need to nail down my flavors and nic strength. Lucky for me a single carto and single batt charge is good for an entire day, probably due to the fact I cut back on my consumption each failed quit, and cut back to ultra-lights back in 2003 or so.

So that's my story, I'm excited to get more into vaping and the other batt/carto/atty/tank/juice options that are out there.

Hi All,
i started smoking around the age of 16, it was due to some pressure in the gang and / or wrong friends among me. I started vaping in October last year and i'm already now 5 month without touching a pyro, what a mess before :)
A friend of mine was telling me about the 'new way of smoking' and i tried it out.. whoa.. expressive result.

My first e-cig was a kind of pyro like LED magic something.. ;)- then i became my first ego-t model, then my eleo-t, then my A2-TM, etc.. now i own some GGTS and Ody's, UFSV2, GLV, VMOD... etc.. and.. i'm finally happy! very happy

Sam Butler

Apr 16, 2012
A, A
I'm new here so hi everyone.

I'm nearly 31 years old. I started smoking when I was 16 years old and became a heavy smoker pretty instantly. I gave up in some of my pregnancies (cut down in the others) and I also quit twice for over a year. I recently relapsed after a years quit and it just started to scare me.

I have three kids from a previous marriage and their father is battling Lymphoma cancer. He just had a bone marrow transplant. He was a smoker but no one knows if that is what caused it, he quit recently. My children were scared that I would end up with cancer as well. When I quit for the year they were over the moon and it was a huge disappointment to them when I relapsed.

My friend told me about the e-cigs and I was skeptical. Every time I smoked I worried about cancer and the fear was so great that I knew I had to try the e-cig. It's been five days and I only have the basic looks like a ciggie one, but I love it. I have not had one single craving and I prefer vaping to smoking. I know that this is it, no desire to smoke ever again. Usually the first few days were a nightmare for me but this time it just feels different, like I know this is it.

It's one where you have to buy pre-filled cartridges. One day I might want to get a better one, but this is all I could afford at the time and I love the taste and it works well. Currently vaping cherry which is lovely.

After losing a lot of weight last year I was also scared of gaining it when quitting, but after researching I noticed that not many people report changes in weight so that really solidified my decision to go with the e-cig.

Last edited:

mirage34

Feb 18, 2012
malaysia
After losing a lot of weight last year I was also scared of gaining it when quitting, but after researching I noticed that not many people report changes in weight so that really solidified my decision to go with the e-cig.

good for you... since my last analog in october i gained 15 lbs.. i guess my taste buds have completely recovered coz i taste food better and there are enormous instances where i crave for something specific

*ASH*

لــــونــــــا
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Germany
Response to OP (no derailment). Don't want to die as soon as with the cigarettes. Look into my profile history (for the first post) for the reason why. I pulled tobacco at a farm when I was in high school and smoked to stay "competitive" in radio.

Thanks for reply but as you here wy you dont just copy it and post for us here . If that posibol please.

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
I've told my story on here before, but I'll do it again. I always love these threads.

I starting smoking when I was about 17, relatively late to,start smoking I know. By 20 I was probably a pad smoker, and until the age of 39 I smoked anywhere from a pad to 2 pad (probably 1.5 pad is a good average).

I tried quitting numerous times. I tried the patch. I tried the gum. I tried Wellbutrin. All of them numerous times. I was never able to go more than a few days without a cigarette. Eventually I gave up hope that I'd ever quit. I was resigned to being a smoker for the rest of my life. Like another lady posted, I'm kind of type A. Always want to project that I am in control of stuff and on top of things. Because of this I was sort of a closet smoker. I tried to hide it at work and never smoked in front of my my kids or parents. Always showered, deodorized, cleaned out my car, before my parents came to visit because I knew they'd be disappointed in me.

I used gum as a crutch to get me through times when I couldn't smoke.

One day my neighbor started telling me about a electronic cig she found at a local drug store. I nodded politely, but didn't pay much attention. She kept pestering me to go get one and try it. I was reluctant because I'd already tried so many things. Finally I went down to check it out. The older lady who was showing it to me told me that it had worked for her and she had been a smoker for many many years. I relented and bought the set up. I remember holding on to the money as the cashier tried to take it from me. I was so reluctant to spend any more money on something else's that wasn't going to work.

Long story short, even with the crap drug store cig, I could see that these would work. I started searching for more affordable cartomizers and found ecf. After upgrading to a go-go, then finally a provari I am now 7 months cigarette free and don't ever plan on going back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread