when a "head" goes bad ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarenB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2012
LA, CA.
I am assuming when a head goes "bad" you stop getting flavor of the liquid? Or what causes that? I am asking because the CE5 I have been using I have cleaned the head 2x and at first get great flavor but then nothing. I am not using that clearo currently and waiting till I can get home to change heads but was curious if anyone had feedback on that as I am fairly new to using clearomizers.

KarenB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2012
LA, CA.
Yep ... 2x. I noticed the same after the first dry burn. Flavor great at first then when it's toward the bottom it won't give off flavor. I refill and the flavor doesn't come back so cleaned it again last night for the 2nd time. Great hit/flavor at first then it diminished. Using a mostly PG/with some VG mix so it's not very thick.

Have you dry burned the coil yet?

Sometimes after dry burn, I use a dental pick and bust up the ball of crud on the coil. Dry burn just makes this coil brittle, but doesn't completely remove it.
That's the only other thing that comes to mind atm.

That also sounds like the issue I had with the stardust and the reason I gave them up.
They wick certain parts of the juice faster leaving the heavier particulates for last. The juice gets thicker and has a lot less flavor.
I tried a brand new one; filled and vaped 3 tanks then I poured out the last little bit into a dripping atty. That was the worst juice I ever vaped.
Those were the v1 vision ego clearomizers (stardust). I moved on to other clearos and never looked back.

KarenB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2012
LA, CA.
Funny, I just had a Stardust V3(?) die on me this afternoon. This one had been cleaned ~ 5x and so I had a new one in my purse so filled with Watermelon and man is the flavor so much better. I will do another cleaning on the head of the CE5 and dry burn and see if I see any ash/residue on the coil head and try to get that out. I have replacement heads for it so not really worried about "breaking" it at this juncture.

I am also going to look into a ViVi Nova mini as I hear they out perform the CE5 tremendously.

Yeah, I have a few mini's enroute also, so we shall see.
I tried a friends larger nova a few weeks back and I wasn't all that impressed with the flavor as I think all top coils mute flavor to some degree. I know that the nova & mini share the same head, but I figured I would give them another try.
With top coils, I think it comes down to which device mutes flavor the least.

I just tried the 3ml version CE3 and the flavor was awesome, but it was a bit fiddly and I've used CE3's since april.

I think the slow boat from china landed today with a shipment of Kanger T3 bottom coils, so hopefully they will be in stores tomorrow.
Gonna give them a try next.

KarenB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2012
LA, CA.
The Stardust I am currently vaping Watermelon from is a CE3 and it's amazing but "disposable" and won't last forever. I am looking for the most cost effective solution. I am curious about your mini experience. I vape for the flavor mostly and am working my way down to 0mg juice slowly but surely so taste is going to be super important soon ;) LOL

Here are the 2 different style CE3's.....link.
They need small adjustments depending on juice thickness and vape pace, but best flavor to date.
I'm also getting decent flavor and really good vapor from the OEM kanger T2's. I'm also impressed with the life span from these also.
The knock-off T2's do not deliver on flavor, so watch out for them if you give them a try.

Tracking shows that my mini's are 1-2 days away, but I will post my opinion when I get them :)

JUDGMENT AFFIRMED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2012
BELLE VERNON PA.
The Stardust I am currently vaping Watermelon from is a CE3 and it's amazing but "disposable" and won't last forever. I am looking for the most cost effective solution. I am curious about your mini experience. I vape for the flavor mostly and am working my way down to 0mg juice slowly but surely so taste is going to be super important soon ;) LOL

Hi KarenB, I'm confused on what your useing. But, try to not let it get low. I keep adding at about a third and mixing. when it gets nasty, clean and start over with a spare, let the other dry. They are still good till the coil burns out....the wire breaks. I'm not much help with flavor.....40 years of smoking.......but learn to rebuild with a cotton wick.....people say better flavor.

No those are made by BetterLifeTech.
Did your T2's have the factory loose strand?
Let us know how they go? :)

Hi Skelley, is that ce3 you linked, made by Kanger? The back of the box looks like the box my T2 came in. I cleaned my long wick T2 today and going to try something flavor wick-wise tom. Got my Joyetech ego-c going again after not useing for 2 months, i still like it.

JUDGMENT AFFIRMED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2012
BELLE VERNON PA.
No those are made by BetterLifeTech.
Did your T2's have the factory loose strand?
Let us know how they go? :)

Well then, that solves the mystery, my kanger t2 may not be kanger but BetterlifeTech....no loose flavor strand on the replacement heads.
The original short wick is all torn apart....waiting to be rebuilt ......and i cant say for certain if it had a 1/4 inch long what, because i cant find it.

I think they buy the knock-offs cheaper and then charge close, but under the other vendors price, higher profit margin.
Since we are all trying to save a buck, they catch us in their trap.
Now that's not saying that some knock-offs might be better or improved versions, but I have found out that you get what you pay for 99% of the time.
I don't mind vendors making money, they are in business and the business model says that you need to make 3X your cost as standard. I'm good with that, but just let me know what I'm getting. I don't think that is to much to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread