When are evolv

Status
Not open for further replies.

acka

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2014
Dublin, Ireland
going to drop their price?

I don't want to see the demise of people of people who, in the vid I saw anyway, seem nice and look like genuine vapers, but...that's the world. Either they can't afford to compete with low cost economies - which is bad for all of us in the west long-term no matter how much we like things being cheaper - or they had a market cornered and their large profit margins attracted predators as they have done since the beginning of time, but $60 for a chip when the ipv fully assembled is $110 is not a viable business model surely? Either lower the price and see if you can compete on brand quality or if you can't...well, I hope you were rewarded, and put some of it away, in the good times.

I'm probably ...... because a board and charger will cost me around €60 delivered and it's not even ideal for me - I like to vape very low watts at night - but in the current market it seems ridiculously overpriced. I want a nice board as I'm irked by my Vamo's PWM and end up using my vv ego more than the box mod I struggled over, but I can't justify the spend anymore. Suddenly, it seems really wasteful. If China can hurry up and solve the 'sleep' problem and improve the reading/ output etc with their clone, I'll just have to go with them.

opuscroakus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Angelo, Tx
Probably never because it's made in the USA, it's not pwm and, it's quality control. China chips aren't always accurate with output, input readings and resistance readings.

Not to mention the warranty that you would be hard-pressed to find on anything coming out of China.

acka

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2014
Dublin, Ireland
Probably never because it's made in the USA, it's not pwm and, it's quality control. China chips aren't always accurate with output, input readings and resistance readings.

The Yihi (sp?) chips seem to get good reviews though. Either way, China WILL get there, or at least close enough to make the extra price seem unjustifiable. The made in USA thing wouldn't apply to me, so I can't add value there.

Not to mention the warranty that you would be hard-pressed to find on anything coming out of China.

The IPV V2 is coming with a 1-year warranty I think.

I hope they will do what they did when the kick clones came out, make new products. I will buy a 20 or 30 watt kick. A lot of people will.

They'll have to do something imo. The board just suddenly seems outdated to me. I'm sure it's not, and 50w (even 30w tbh) is actually pretty usseless to someone like me but the DNA needs some unique quality to make the price seem worth it. It's advantages have been caught up on to a big degree by followers/clones now, something should change. I was hoping price out of pure self-interest :closedeyes: They must have prepared something for this eventuality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread