Not open for further replies.

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA
I have a couple mods that can go to 6 volts, when would use that much voltage as far as tanks, cartos,etc? I know that the hr can require higher voltage, what high resistance ohms would require 6 volts. The highest ohms in tanks,cartos,attys that I have are 2.8 ohms and 4-4.2 is about as high as I go before I taste "burnt"!! Please enlighten me and what are the upsides to hr tanks and high voltage!??

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I use 2.5 - 3.0 ohm single coil cartos in tanks and never go above 4.5 volts. I change the voltage to best suit each flavor, so for the voltage range that I use the above resistances work best for me.

I've never understood the need for higher voltage myself; I've gone up there a few times but my juices always tasted burnt and the vape was harsh. I prefer a cooler vape anyway, and the above resistance/voltage range works the best for me.

I've always used a safe vaping power chart to help guide me to choose what resistance coil to use in the voltage range I vape. Find the voltage at the top, the green boxs below are the recommended watts. Find which ohms are in the green section on the left column. Easier than doing some math for me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread