When will I suffice to transition to vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P2PLeon

Toot This, Toot That, Toot Everything
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 19, 2015
    Middlesbrough,UK
    myvapingright.com
    It is a little low for what I smoke, but have not really been vaping only smoking. So 17-18 instead of 30.

To combat this I had been trying Mouth to Lung and doing the kickback, I get better flavour but still cough profusely.

Now I am on my DTL device and still cough but I have to get through this.

So as of 11 AM today I have been vaping.

Reactions: Mordacai

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    I've tried to find out the VG/PG percentages @P2PLeon, but not had any luck. If you could, I would apreciate it if you could find the infomation from off the bottle or packaging.

It's just that PG is classified as an irritant and some folks are sensitive to it somewhat. So I was thinking that a liquid with a higher VG level would be a little easier for you to use.

It's something that isn't usually considered, but it can make all the difference.

mcclintock

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    My story is almost the opposite of FrenchFry1942.

I originally started vaping with really bad equipment and no real motivation to quit smoking. But I tried a friend's mix of chocolate and menthol and found I really liked it. However the bad gear caused a lot of throat irritation and I had to stop. About a year later I saw someone vaping and realized I felt envious and decided to try it again even though by then I had decided it was worse for me than smoking.

That's my first bit of advice, don't worry about quitting yet, find something you really like about vaping. I really think the fear of quitting is why many smokers don't even try. It would have been a deal-breaker if I had fixated on that aspect. So I didn't.

After starting up again, I rapidly went to smoking half as many (7/day) and that continued for 2 months before that began to help make it possible to rely more on vaping. Eventually I also improved my gear and became a non-smoker (less than 5 a week) after a total of 9 months.

I think this could have proceeded much faster, but those saying I should be able to switch instantly did not help. Eventually I found out about whole tobacco alkaloids and how addictive a cocktail of chemicals cigs are. All I knew before that was at least one of the 3000 chemicals in smoke (later upgraded to 7000) other than nicotine was important to me. In fact, once I had switched, I cut nicotine rapidly, as I don't really like it much.

After this transition, I continued smoking 1 cig a month for another year, in the form of 3/4ths a cig every 3 weeks. I'd get really stressed feeling without it. I'm not saying the chemicals lasted 3 weeks though, what I did is smoked it and then fell down on to sofa and went into a relax zone which would help me for 3 weeks. Eventually I didn't really need that also so I quit it.

Don't use this to slow down completely in your quest, but realize the time scale can be long. This is something your body has become used to for years. If quitting for a day is all it took, we wouldn't have a whole quit smoking industry.

• Agree
    Reactions: TheKiwiGuy

P2PLeon

ECF Veteran
  • Jul 19, 2015
    Middlesbrough,UK
    myvapingright.com
    I've tried to find out the VG/PG percentages @P2PLeon, but not had any luck. If you could, I would apreciate it if you could find the infomation from off the bottle or packaging.

It's just that PG is classified as an irritant and some folks are sensitive to it somewhat. So I was thinking that a liquid with a higher VG level would be a little easier for you to use.

It's something that isn't usually considered, but it can make all the difference.

The Peach candy is a 70VG mix, as I got 2 500 ml bottles with 100 ml of concentrate in each. And the Gold and Silver is 70VG also.

Reactions: Mordacai

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    That's a reasonable lvel to work with @P2PLeon, it may be other ingredents in the mix that may not be working well with you. It may well be worth trying differt flavours and manufactrers.

Likke I cannot vape anything with Melon flavouring in it as I have a bad reaction to it, I end up getting throat inflamation followed by a throat infection.

P2PLeon

ECF Veteran
  • Jul 19, 2015
    Middlesbrough,UK
    myvapingright.com
    Every time I try I always end up with one on my lips and lit, but even so, I have reduced my intake.

So yesterday I had done 4+ hours with none, but this should have spurted me to do it for a day.

I will try harder to stay clear from the deadly ciggys, and from now on out I will try hard to only vape.

But it is hard when you have narrow airways. Since 1:05 PM I took my last drag of a ciggy and Started to vape. But I still have 13 in a box that I had given to mother to hide away from me.

It is also hard when you have your Mother, Sister-In-Law, Nephew, And niece is starting to smoke again. All in the same household when they come round, I live with Mother, so it is not too much to stay clear when they smoke. But it is the act of watching them smoke that I want to have one. And is not only for a day, It is nearly every day.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    @P2PLeon, that certainly makes things more difficult. But not impossible.

But you are making progress, albeit a small amount. Just remember that, progress is progress.

Don't forget that when you burn Tobacco 1000's of chemical compounds are released, with vaping you only have a small number in comparison. So it can take a lot of time to detox from them and break your dependency on them.

Then there's all the rituals that get ingrained in your Neurobiology, such as rolling and smoking itself. So that's another thing that causes issues as well, so it's a good idea to look into things to do with your hands to keep them occupied.

And using a liquid that heavily uses Cinnamon may well help as well, as that can make things taste off. I'm sure that folks can give you other flavour ideas as well.

And increase your Nicotine level, as if it's too low for your needs it won't deal with your cravings effectively.

And could you refresh my memory as to what kit your using @P2PLeon and what mg/ml strength that you're using as well please? As we may well be able to juggle things around a little and get your Nicotine cravings dealt with a little bit better.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    I'd say that it was worth a shot going upto 9-12 mg/ml as an experiment, small quantity though such as 10 ml. So that you can narrow down the level that's just right for your Nic fix, as it deffinitely sounds as though you could tollerate more than 7.5 mg/ml.

You may even need a bit of an upgrade on your DTL RTA as well @P2PLeon, as there has been some worthwhile ones since the release of the UD Bellus in 2015. Squonking with RDA's may be annother option even.

But keep it simple to begin with, try using stronger mg/ml and try and find something to occupy your hands with.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread