When you can't vape @ work

Status
Not open for further replies.

lpboyle

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2010
Louisville, KY USA
So, I work in an office with semi-private cubicles. I just recently switched from smoking to vaping. (Wednesday will mark one week completely tobacco free). I am allowed to vape outside at the smoking area only during the two designated smoke breaks. No tobacco / nicotine products of any kind allowed in the building by the company CEO. He even wants the cigarette smokers to keep their packs out in their cars.

My issue is I have been finding myself needing to vape a bit more frequently than I used to smoke to keep the cravings away. So far I've been doing frequent small vapes (1-2 puffs max) and exhaling the cloud under my desk. Some more stealh vape strategies would be appreciated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Atchafalaya

cllmda

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hold in the vape for as long as possible, then you will exhale very little.

yes, that's what i was gonna say too..I stealth vape with hardly any exhaling "smoke" at all .keep it in and swallow.....Do it on the train all the time ;) !!!!

Be careful though, people....co-workers.... can be nasty and petty..someone may just "turn you in" if they see you/suspect what you're doing...blowing clouds under your desk seems very risky...people will start wondering why you're bending down under your desk all the time..I guess it depends alot on the "general" atmosphere around your office, how well you get along with your co-workers & how "competitive" or relaxed it is. ...?

I feel 4 you guys either way,it must be very hard to spend all day at a desk job without being able to vape ;)

PaulBHC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
Arizona
In a year and a half I have gone from 24mg to 18, 12, 6 currently. I keep some of the higher stuff around just in case. Go slow and don't rush it. You will know when it is time to try cutting down.

IMO the worst cravings come from the other nasty stuff in cigs. I can get over that in a short time. Walking past a smoker and getting a whiff makes me want a cig.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Not really, but I get a lot of leeway because of my specific position.

I'm using 24mg right now because of just having quit the stinky sticks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

If you can't increase the Nic per ml, then increase the nic per HIT. This is easiest to do by increasing the wattage at which you vape. Lower ohms and/or higher power levels.

2buildawall

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Bellingham
You are risking your job to stealth vape where people may not like you? I feel so blessed just to have a job given our current economy. There are 100 people behind me that would love to have my job. I know I have value but very few people are irreplaceable.

I would use the patch or gum before I risked losing my job over nicotine. I hate to be the downer here but I really question your priorities.

Fortunately where I work most people chew. I use snus it is a bit more subtle. I vape on my own time.

I am down to 9mg after a year and a half. I started at 32mg.

Good luck!

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Frozen Tundra, WI Cheesehead
I chain vape my 24 mg unflavored during the morning break and lunch with just enough time to eat in between puffs. That is what works for me. Luckily for me every so often I need to run to my car for a tool and just take a few hits then as well. That would be harder for you though.

Electrodave

LPV
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2015
Denver, CO
www.electrostring.com
Don't be too jealous. Beverly is probably like me. Self-employed business owner. People like us are actually unemployed, but we have office suites and sometimes people pay us to do stuff.

My building's management allows the tenants to decide whether vaping is allowed in their office suites. However...I went vape crazy and my office started smelling like a vape shop. Clients coming into my office were making comments.

So I imposed my own restrictions on myself (which would also apply to employees who vape, if I had any). I only vape light citrus flavors in my office. At worst, it smells like an air freshener. I also confine my vaping to my "working office", where I don't see clients.

There's always some limitations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread